• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors List of NFA Trust attorney's by state?

Re: List of NFA Trust attorney's by state?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joker22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks to RJ for directing me to this thread.

I am an attorney in Denver, CO, and am an active shooter and USPSA competitor. I have prepared an NFA trust agreement consistent with Colorado law. Please feel free to contact me at:

Brian Reynolds
Bruno, Colin, Jewell & Lowe, P.C.
1999 Broadway, Denver, CO 80202
(303) 831-1099
[email protected]

</div></div>

Brian did my trust. Very professional and knowledgeable. Highly recommended.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut755ln</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texas1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sean Cody did mine, he's an SOT and big proponent of NFA items so he has alot of experience on top of being an attorney.

www.texasnfatrust.com

Texas </div></div>I will second Sean Cody, big 2nd amendment and NFA supporter. </div></div>

I'll go ahead and third Sean Cody. Great friend, big 2nd amendment supporter and knows gun laws inside and out. Well worth dealing with.

I'm an attorney in South Carolina. I do NFA Trusts here in SC. I primarily do real estate law. However, I do these trusts because I love shooting and people that shoot. Give me a call if I can help.

Kevin Brady
Guest & Brady, LLC
900 E. North Street, Suite 210
Greenville, South Carolina 29601
kevinbrady @ guestbrady dot com
864-233-7200
www.guestbrady.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ark. Trapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tag for a great thread. How about Arkansas? </div></div>

I didn't use an attorney and I've bought two suppressors on the trust.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ark. Trapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tag for a great thread. How about Arkansas? </div></div>

Zac Baker in Jonesboro does them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: normbal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silentrunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">David Goldman www.guntrustlawyer.com He helps a lot of attorney's in different states for gun trust.</div></div>

I'm a doctor. FP. I'm not rich by any means. I work very hard for my money and look for best value in everything I buy. If I ever get LASIK surgery, you bet I'm paying for the best machine, not some crappy $500 per eye deal which I think should be investigated by medical boards in every state ophthalmologists are doing this. You either do the surgery right, or not at all, no good better best when you're talking eyes.

Similarly with legal issues and documents. Either the form is done right at $200 or it's done right at $600. There should BE no good better best regarding trusts, otherwise it's my contention that there are attorneys who are either malpracticing law or gouging. I'm sure it's a case of both.
</div></div>

I'm sure I'm biased because I am an attorney, but I can't agree. There are "good better best" smiths out there, and they don't charge the same prices. Same thing with attorneys and doctors (and every other service industry). Where I'm at, $600 for estate planning documents is cheap; $400 is a steal.

FYI, for people in Southeast PA. I purchased a suppressor from a new dealer in the Philly burbs. He also happens to be an attorney, which makes it convenient if you want a trust. Top notch guy with great service and prices:

Harrison Butler, Esq
Defense Resources Corp.
2325 Heritage Center, Ste 310
Furlong, PA (215) 544-0774

Mentioned this one another thread. $250 for NFA Trusts, 2 day turn around, receive two copies and he stores another and he will email you if you ever need it.

Randall Baad
89240 Overseas Hwy # 6
Tavernier, FL 33070-2141
(305) 396-7267

About two years ago a really nice class three dealer opened in Tucson. Give Black Weapons Armory a call and ask who they recommend.

Any referrals for someone in IN?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dujd09</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: normbal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silentrunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">David Goldman www.guntrustlawyer.com He helps a lot of attorney's in different states for gun trust.</div></div>

I'm a doctor. FP. I'm not rich by any means. I work very hard for my money and look for best value in everything I buy. If I ever get LASIK surgery, you bet I'm paying for the best machine, not some crappy $500 per eye deal which I think should be investigated by medical boards in every state ophthalmologists are doing this. You either do the surgery right, or not at all, no good better best when you're talking eyes.

Similarly with legal issues and documents. Either the form is done right at $200 or it's done right at $600. There should BE no good better best regarding trusts, otherwise it's my contention that there are attorneys who are either malpracticing law or gouging. I'm sure it's a case of both.
</div></div>

I'm sure I'm biased because I am an attorney, but I can't agree. There are "good better best" smiths out there, and they don't charge the same prices. Same thing with attorneys and doctors (and every other service industry). Where I'm at, $600 for estate planning documents is cheap; $400 is a steal.

FYI, for people in Southeast PA. I purchased a suppressor from a new dealer in the Philly burbs. He also happens to be an attorney, which makes it convenient if you want a trust. Top notch guy with great service and prices:

Harrison Butler, Esq
Defense Resources Corp.
2325 Heritage Center, Ste 310
Furlong, PA (215) 544-0774

</div></div>

Wonder if he would help with a Trust (outside of PA) if I purchase the suppressor from him? Hmmm.

Still looking for one in Indiana.

Sigh...

<span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="color: #FF0000">DON'T PAY FOR AN ATTORNEY TO MAKE YOUR TRUST!</span></span>

We've had lots of clients come in with their own trusts and they have all kinds of problems. Go to your local Class III dealer and have THEM do your trust.

We only charge <span style="color: #FF0000">$45</span> for a trust that has been approved HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of times by now. Those of you paying hundreds of dollars for this simple document are throwing away gun/ammo/can money!!!

There is no reason to have an attorney make your trust, they don't specialize in Class III weapons, the most legally cognizant law firm has no idea what needs to be in these kinds of setups.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">This isn't some new controversial legal debate, it's a routine document that the ATF has seen over and over again!</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sigh...

<span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="color: #FF0000">DON'T PAY FOR AN ATTORNEY TO MAKE YOUR TRUST!</span></span>

We've had lots of clients come in with their own trusts and they have all kinds of problems. Go to your local Class III dealer and have THEM do your trust.

We only charge <span style="color: #FF0000">$45</span> for a trust that has been approved HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of times by now. Those of you paying hundreds of dollars for this simple document are throwing away gun/ammo/can money!!!

There is no reason to have an attorney make your trust, they don't specialize in Class III weapons, the most legally cognizant law firm has no idea what needs to be in these kinds of setups.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">This isn't some new controversial legal debate, it's a routine document that the ATF has seen over and over again!</span> </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">NOW THAT'S WHAT WE NEEDED TO SEE!!!!</span></span></span>
If I could find a class III dealer in the Salt Lake City area who would make the same statement I would look him up next week.
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
... the most legally cognizant law firm has no idea what needs to be in these kinds of setups. </div></div>

You sir, are a fucking idiot. And if you are going to advertise your services on this site for trust sales, you should comply with the site rules and become a commercial vendor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIMO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You sir, are a fucking idiot. And if you are going to advertise your services on this site for trust sales, you should comply with the site rules and become a commercial vendor.

</div></div>

Bull god damn shit, that's quite an accusation from a nobody. What experience do you refer to?

How many NFA trusts have you made yourself?
How many trust-based tax stamp approvals have you seen yourself?
How many NFA denials have you seen youself?

Unless you claim over 20+, 20+, and 3; you Sir are a fucking idiot, with no basis to stand your argument on.

I welcome an intellectual argument from someone who actually knows what they're talking about, but I doubt you have any experience in NFA paperwork.

I am an attorney in Mississippi (and also a FFL/SOT...One stop shop!
smile.gif
) and have drafted a number of NFA trusts for clients and customers. Feel free to call if I can help you out in Mississippi - 601-842-9003.

Cliff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I welcome an intellectual argument from someone who actually knows what they're talking about, but I doubt you have any experience in NFA paperwork.
</div></div>

Sigh...

I, in fact, have significant experience in drafting trusts and related documents, including NFA trusts, as well as significant experience in NFA paperwork. I also have significant experience in conducting repair work for those who have relied on non-lawyers for the drafting of legal documents various only to find out they were inadequate or worse. My experience is as a lawyer and not a salesman of class III firearms. A salesman of class III firearms would likely know a great deal about them. About trusts, well, not so much.

So you have "drafted" numerous NFA trusts have you, for money, and for clients? I "suspect" what you have actually done is little more than filling in the blanks on whatever form you have been provided with the information provided by the customer. And this is as it should be for if it is more, then you are likely unlawfully practicing law. Here's a hint: if its more than that, do not admit it in your inevitable response.

But really, this isn't about me. This thread was started by the OP and continued on for the purpose of compiling a hopefully helpful list of trust attorneys state by state for those who would feel more secure in relying on the work, or review, by a lawyer in their state who has familiarity and experience in NFA. Such lawyers are few and far between, in my experience.

Your post instead is typical troll fodder in classic large, bold, red, inflammatory text. You claim the "most legally cognizant law firm has no idea what needs to be in these kinds of setups." You sir, do not know what you are talking about, for this and undoubtedly many other reasons.

Alright January, in some circles on this site, being called a nobody is quite a compliment. You would probably not know a nobody if he came up and bit you on the ass. But I digress….

Good day sir.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIMO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Such lawyers are few and far between, in my experience. </div></div>
That's absolutely true, no matter how prestigious their law firm may be. There's a reason they call it "practicing law", because they are more than willing to practice with my money paying for them to learn how to do an NFA trust. In fact, the more prestigious (and expensive) the law firm is, the less likely it is that they have had any experience with NFA trusts. Only a few will admit that though.

I'm still looking for someone in Utah (SLC) that does these trusts.

Second the practicing law thing... I'd be careful. A local dealer got in trouble "advising" his customers on how to do a trust.

Sean Cody did mine as well. Great guy and very professional. He answered all my questions, even before i agreed to do business with him on this. I have also called him several times after wards about general NFA questions and he has responded promptly.

I thought about doing it myself but whats another few hundred for what's at stake in $$ and jail time if a home-made trust is deamed invalid later on. You are willing to spend the money on the NFA device(s) but want to go cheap on the most important part which is the paprework that makes it all legal.

I have read that plenty of people have done just fine so far by using their own, but I wasnt willing to take the chance on something like this for myself and family.

I am not an expert at this and am myself just getting into the NFA world, so take it as just my 2cents.

~Adam

I have R. Todd King doing mine. The cost was $375. His email is [email protected].

He has done a lot of them and was one of the people who worked to get suppressors legalized for hunting in Kansas. From what he told me, the quicken routes will get approved but won't hold up to scrutiny from an ATF attorney.

I agree wit the property here who wanted to know rather than assume that their trust was done correctly. Its not worth the time and expense over that fairly small amount of money, then toss in the ability to have others listed as well and it was a no brained.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrjimsfc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If I could find a class III dealer in the Salt Lake City area who would make the same statement I would look him up next week.
whistle.gif
</div></div>

+1 but, I'd do it tomorrow...

Got my Form 1 and a Form 4 back in roughly 6 months using the trust that Gun Trust Lawyer drew up. The Form 4 took an extra 2 weeks because the manufacturer of the integrally-suppressed
rifle did not list the barrel length on the Form 3 and I didn't list it on the Form 4. I got a request for the length from the BATFE in the mail, my FFL called the BATFE and they had us measure it by slipping a cleaning rod down the shroud. I Express mailed the form in and got the stamp about 2 weeks later.
My Class 3 dealer thinks that the trusts seem to be taking longer than filing as an individual, but overall I think it is the way to go and I'm very happy with the service provided by GTL.

I would like to know of one in Michigan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrjimsfc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sigh...

<span style="text-decoration: underline">This isn't some new controversial legal debate, it's a routine document that the ATF has seen over and over again!</span> </div></div>
<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">NOW THAT'S WHAT WE NEEDED TO SEE!!!!</span></span></span>
whistle.gif
</div></div>Have a Class III dealer draft your trust because the most knowledgeable law firms have no idea what needs to be in them? Hmmmm....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I welcome an intellectual argument from someone who actually knows what they're talking about, but I doubt you have any experience in NFA paperwork. </div></div>Graham's Rule #1 applies. I can think of a few reasons to have an attorney familiar with the NFA draft the trust, probably the most important of which is that you don't want to violate the NFA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: justme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to know of one in Michigan </div></div>Goldman is quite good [ www.guntrustlawyer.com ], and his price point is just under what it would be for an attorney unfamiliar with the NFA to do the research and take the time to draft an NFA specific trust. If you go through him, for no extra charge he can send it to me and I can make sure that the trust itself complies with Michigan law. Just send me a PM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huklebry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrjimsfc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
whistle.gif
</div></div>

+1 but, I'd do it tomorrow... </div></div>

My little sister can help you guys out. She's just getting started in Utah, but has been practicing in Virginia for the last couple of years. She is new to the NFA trust scene, but did mine without a hitch.

Utah:

Brooke Hullinger's Law Office
[email protected]
(435) 840-2232

FWIW, in Northern VA I just had my trust drafted by Craig Max IV with Vanderpool, Frostick & Nishanian in Manassas, VA. I had a very good experience with him and would recommend him.

+1 for Randall Baad in Florida. Very easy to deal with, answered all my questions and the whole process took a day over gmail. I weighed 250.00 to entire weight of BATF and figured it was a no-brainer.

I had a long and insightful discussion with my attorney about the issue of gun trusts and what I came away understanding very clearly was:

#1. You better have a <span style="font-weight: bold">competent attorney</span> <span style="font-style: italic">with experience drafting trusts for your state of residence</span> take care of it. It is simply poor judgement to not consult an attorney when drafting a legal document with such gravity.

#2. The "template" or modified trusts that SOT dealers hand out or that can be downloaded off of the net are basically shit worthless if a legal challenge is ever raised. Again, consult an attorney - not someone who has experience with NFA items or a common wordsmith....deal with a professional.

After the conversation and looking at one he had drafted, I signed to have him draft me one. It is state specific, very detailed , comprehensive, and professional....and 45 pages long.

I'm glad that I decided to speak with a professional against the direction of that of my transferring SOT dealer and prevalent internet advice - as some have already stated here, it is best to pay for the best once option and be secure verses the alternative.

<span style="font-style: italic">ETA: getting a trust approved by the BATFE isn't the whole issue. The issue, beyond approval, is having a trust that will be comprehensive enough to stand up to careful legal scrutiny in the event that it becomes necessary for the document to do so. If it cannot, you're royally screwed and you'll end up paying a whole hell of a lot more than what you would have to had to get your trust drafted correctly the first time. </span>

another for New Mexico