• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Little bit of Grill Action

Pr0VideR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2012
Pittsville, Mo
This is last years Kansas bow kill. Back strap stuffed with cream cheese, jalepenos and chives wrapped in Bacon sided with assorted veggies.
washed it down with a New Castle or 4..

IMG_20120314_171553.jpg

IMG_20120314_171950.jpg

Re: Little bit of Grill Action

Looks great but not sure about the cream cheese part, I think pepper jack would have been good. How was it?

Thats a good idea I'll have to try the PepperJack. It was great! Kids love it too.

Looks great. I'll have to give that a try! Thanks for sharing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garrett1107</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mmmm New castle.

Are those potatoes on a kabob? </div></div>

They are sir.. Mushrooms and red bell pepers as well

I have done this many times, but I always cut my tenderloin into medallions and beat them flat with a tenderizer. I also put the cream cheese, jalapeno (chopped), but I also add onion (chopped) and sausage, then wrap each medallion with bacon, and top with either cojack or pepperjack cheese slices about 5 minutes before they are done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TLong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have done this many times, but I always cut my tenderloin into medallions and beat them flat with a tenderizer. I also put the cream cheese, jalapeno (chopped), but I also add onion (chopped) and sausage, then wrap each medallion with bacon, and top with either cojack or pepperjack cheese slices about 5 minutes before they are done. </div></div>

In my opinion as a classically trained professional chef, if you are going to mutilate your meat like that, use a cheaper, fattier cut of beef, like tri-tips or other sirloin. Of course, it is your money and palate, but really, try some sirloin some time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cody Petersen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any info on how you did up the backstraps? Like Recipe wise? </div></div>

Yep...

I take one strap and cut it in two. I take each strap and make a slice opening up a pocket. Take your cream cheese mix fresh chives, and jalapenos, in a bowl and proceed to stuffing. I prefer the Mazzetto's (sp?) tamed jalapenos. It doesn't seem to over power everything else and adds great flavor. Wrap in the bacon, there is no real art to this but I have done it enough to figure out how to keep the cheese from melting out. I try to have the bacon ends meet close the pocket and use a long skewer and weave it in and out closing up the pocket as well as securing the bacon.
You don't want too hot of a fire, too hot and you cook the hell out of the bacon and the outside and the middle is raw.. So you need a fire that will not over cook the bacon and cook the interior nice and slow. Get those juices flowing.

Good luck. Let me know how it turns out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomthebaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In my opinion as a classically trained professional chef, if you are going to mutilate your meat like that, use a cheaper, fattier cut of beef, like tri-tips or other sirloin. Of course, it is your money and palate, but really, try some sirloin some time. </div></div>

Hey Tom the baker, we are talking about venison not beef. If you really look at it, its all expensive as shit!