• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes LMAO!!!! Sightron as good as NF.

Re: LMAO!!!! Sightron as good as NF.

Smack=12yr old bed wetter with gender confusion.

I am however considering 8-32 SIII now for F/TR so maybe I'll send Spank a set of rubber bedsheets by way of thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I own a sightron 10 to 50 power ,its ok and Id buy it again although it does have some minor short comings.

The SIII SS 8 32X56 power is real nice and i imagine he rest of s111 models are very good also.

The build of sightron doesn't feel as solid as nightforce but if your not taking them to war these are a great scope at a great price .I looked through my old NF5.5 x 22 and do not think NF are doing the best they can in the glass department-id have S111 Glass.,,but neither compare to my S&BPM11 5X25 </div></div>

I can speak for this scope. I went to New Zealand and met with Che'. He was kind enough to bring an extra rifle for me to shoot. Had a the Sightron he mentioned on it. I shot it from 100 to 860 yards with no issues. As a matter of fact, if you are shooting known distances, the duplex reticle works and tracks as good as my NF scopes. Turrets were easy to use and clicks were easy to feel. I'd have one myself.

SP

Guys I'm pretty new here and I have a lot more iron sight experience then I do shooting scoped rifles. I'm not new to it but I wouldn't say I'm experienced in it enough to offer any fair comparisons.

I used to have a Sightron. I don't even remember the model as this was back in 1997. It was a good scope, not a great scope but looking through some of the newer models they seem even better.

I'm considering one of thier newer models with the tactical turrets and I was just curious has anyone tried these on a heavy recoiling gun with numerous rounds having been sent down range?

I'm considering one for a Sako TRG-42 in .338 Lapua and I'd be curious if anyone experienced issues. I was recently reading a thread on another forum where the instructor mentioned he observed a NF, Leupold, and S&B fail during a .50 cal course. He's a USO fan but speaks highly of these other scopes and stated that he has even seen USO scopes fail, so after speaking with him I consider him pretty fair in his judgements.

I don't consider throwing a gun down a cliff a good comparison as you can throw any scope down a cliff and if it hits a certain spot on that scope it will fail. Heavy recoil though I do consider very imporatant when considering scopes strentgh and I'd like to know if anyone is running a Sightron on a .338 Lapua and if so how has it held up? Also if you could advise as to what gun, muzzle brake, and if a suppressor was used or not, I'd greatly appreciate hearing what the experience was.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I own a sightron 10 to 50 power ,its ok and Id buy it again although it does have some minor short comings.

The SIII SS 8 32X56 power is real nice and i imagine he rest of s111 models are very good also.

The build of sightron doesn't feel as solid as nightforce but if your not taking them to war these are a great scope at a great price .I looked through my old NF5.5 x 22 and do not think NF are doing the best they can in the glass department-id have S111 Glass.,,but neither compare to my S&BPM11 5X25 </div></div>

What don't you like about the 10-50 and how does it compare to the 8-32?

I like the big magnification of the 10x 50 sightron -glass is very reasonable and clicks accurate .Negatives are that at the higher mag the focus point of eye relief is touchy and the parallax is the same .I do like the 8 x32 power more than the 10 x 50 and think that it is a very good scope at a great price and would own it any day of the week with no hesitation!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SigsauerP229</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys I'm pretty new here and I have a lot more iron sight experience then I do shooting scoped rifles. I'm not new to it but I wouldn't say I'm experienced in it enough to offer any fair comparisons.

I used to have a Sightron. I don't even remember the model as this was back in 1997. It was a good scope, not a great scope but looking through some of the newer models they seem even better.

I'm considering one of thier newer models with the tactical turrets and I was just curious has anyone tried these on a heavy recoiling gun with numerous rounds having been sent down range?

I'm considering one for a Sako TRG-42 in .338 Lapua and I'd be curious if anyone experienced issues. I was recently reading a thread on another forum where the instructor mentioned he observed a NF, Leupold, and S&B fail during a .50 cal course. He's a USO fan but speaks highly of these other scopes and stated that he has even seen USO scopes fail, so after speaking with him I consider him pretty fair in his judgements.

I don't consider throwing a gun down a cliff a good comparison as you can throw any scope down a cliff and if it hits a certain spot on that scope it will fail. Heavy recoil though I do consider very imporatant when considering scopes strentgh and I'd like to know if anyone is running a Sightron on a .338 Lapua and if so how has it held up? Also if you could advise as to what gun, muzzle brake, and if a suppressor was used or not, I'd greatly appreciate hearing what the experience was. </div></div>

Here's mine on top of a .338LM. Haven't had a chance to shoot it extensively yet as I only got the scope a month or so back. However so far so good. All I can say is that it exceeds my expectations and I believe it to be excellent value for money.

Sightron.jpg

I just got my new Sightron SIII 6-24x50LRMOA in yesterday. Compared it just before dark with NF and IOR and the glass if very very nice. Looking forward to getting it to the range. Turrets are fantastic, no mushiness at all here. And I appreciate the MOA2 dot reticle. It is an MOA/MOA scope fyi.

Oops I mean Premier. However this is the texting version "Primer"

John

Jagged,

thanks for the reply. How many rounds would you say you have on it now?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SigsauerP229</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jagged,

thanks for the reply. How many rounds would you say you have on it now? </div></div>

Only 20-30 so far but I really can't see there being any issue. You don't hear many if any horror stories relating to the build quality of these things and Sightrons warranty and customer service will take care of any issues.

i have a 6-24 x 50 mildot sightron siii, i was shooting at local range for a group at 100 and shooting steel at 200, 300, 400, and 500,, i shot 1st 3 at 100 and it was .5" group, no big deal i then shot steel plates all the way out to 500 and then dialed back down to 100 and put three more shots in the same ragged hole as 1st 3, went back out to 500 and shot, then dialed back and put 2 more in same group, then back out to 500, then 400, then 300, then 200, then 100 for last two shots and final result was you could easily cover all 10 shots w/ a quarter, this scope is fantastic for the price, and works flawlessly, i would like a lit reticle, and maybe some diff reticle styles .. but IMO great scope for the money..

I was impressed with the glass of a sightron I recently saw at a local shop, but I didn't mess around with the turrets. That being said, I would not trust it at all compared to any of my NF's.

Man it sure amazes me how guys start hating on one brand or another when these comparisons come up. I own both and both are very good scopes. I'd give the edge to my NF for glass and a fine edge of repeatability. But, the Sightron III's are no slouches at all. Believe me, if that's what you had to wage a war with, lookout boys, they would be hard pressed to fight against if one our boys was looking at you with one. The one I have is a simple mil-dot. But, that's pretty universal.

And FWIW, whoever said SFP is useless has never had to shoot past what their scope dials up and reticle holds on mil/moa setting. I can attest to that with my NF shooting at one mile. If not for the SFP I wouldn't have gotten there. FFP is great when you're in range of the scope. When you go beyond that SFP gets useful again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jagged77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SigsauerP229</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys I'm pretty new here and I have a lot more iron sight experience then I do shooting scoped rifles. I'm not new to it but I wouldn't say I'm experienced in it enough to offer any fair comparisons.

I don't consider throwing a gun down a cliff a good comparison as you can throw any scope down a cliff and if it hits a certain spot on that scope it will fail. Heavy recoil though I do consider very imporatant when considering scopes strentgh and I'd like to know if anyone is running a Sightron on a .338 Lapua and if so how has it held up? Also if you could advise as to what gun, muzzle brake, and if a suppressor was used or not, I'd greatly appreciate hearing what the experience was. </div></div>

Here's mine on top of a .338LM. Haven't had a chance to shoot it extensively yet as I only got the scope a month or so back. However so far so good. All I can say is that it exceeds my expectations and I believe it to be excellent value for money.

Sightron.jpg
</div></div>

Been using a 3.5-10x56mm Sightron on a 338 EDGE for a few months,mounted in Seekins rings it also survived a rollover accident on a mountain under a 4wheeler with no damage.Damned decent tracking and glass for the $$$$$.Not my Zeiss Victory,but neither is the price,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SMACK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess I'll just leave the Sightron crowd to their own. </div></div>

Let sleeping dogs lie,I remember when YOUR Flagship scope was a Buckmasters 6-18x40.And a Bushmaster was THE best AR on the planet.Some of us can afford the Gucci scopes but still kinda like Sightron......