• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

Re: LMT .308 MWS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pittfall</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a wait time on their barrels for these systems as well?
</div></div>

Don't know for sure. I am thinking I will want a 260 or 6.5CM barrel for mine at some point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Awesymoto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just got a call.... MY LMT is at the dealer... but not at my dealer... time to play the shipping game. </div></div>

Sounds like the end is in sight! Pics when ya get it. What optics do you have planned for it?

Im glad I bought mine when I did. I didnt have a wait time and got a good deal on it. Ill tell you what though this rifle is awesome. I would wait a year to get one if I had to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ianski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the wait about the same for this as the Larue OBR's? </div></div>

It is horrible..... I would say ever worse if ordering a new one from them.

I went to clean my MWS this PM and the barrel was stuck. Had to use some Kroil and whock it once with a rubber mallet. Is this usual?

Does any one know if LMT would be willing to sell me a barrel extension and gas tube/block for the mws?

I am really thinking I would like to run one of GAP's 6mm creedemore barrels and in order to make it happen I need the extension/ gas block and tube.

Called Ryan @ LMT. A 260 barrel is on the way
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Awesymoto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well 6 months later here she is.
preview
LMTDeckedout.jpg
</div></div>

Great rifle.....I really like mine and you will really get attached to yours...

I am seeing more and more Premier scopes these days, how do you like yours....compare quality to USO, how do they stack up?

Sweet looking rifle. Will shoot as well as any .308, PMags work fine, try and pick up some KAC metal magazines. Maybe do something with the trigger but you really don't have to.

Post some groups when you can.

Enjoy the fine rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 77Bronc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Great rifle.....I really like mine and you will really get attached to yours...

I am seeing more and more Premier scopes these days, how do you like yours....compare quality to USO, how do they stack up?

77 </div></div>

I shot the piss out of my premier. I have landed coming down a rope with my boot on the optic and my mount, no damage. The only issue is it was originally an extremely early model and the clicks in the elevation went mushy. PR changed it out no questions asked. With the new turrets, its problem free.

I have used S&B 3x12 at work, but prefer the PH. It's just built tank like, and I will prob use my own PH if we don't get them in time. (PH is replacing S&B in some units)

Been waiting on a LaRue for 3 months and have at least 3 more to go, fuck it, I found a LMT today and she goes home with me tomorrow.

Also received an email from LaRue saying a price increase is coming between 5 and 12.5%. That'd make the 308 over $3K and I found the LMT for $2500.

Wonder if LMT has any dillo dust they can send me? It's good but not worth $500 and 3 more months!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snipe10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's good but not worth $500 and 3 more months! </div></div>

Great decision.....if you need some seasoning, I will send you some Tony Chachere's Louisiana Original Creole Seasoning

Whats going to be interesting is that increase is going to put it in KAC territory price wise. ($3300 + BUIS + More if you want anything but an A2 stock)

I purchased my LMT for 2300 with free shipping online. PM me if you want to know the place.

super,I paid about $300 more but did get to see it in person and take it home on the spot, can't wait to get her out!

Just finished my new LMT MWS .308 with 20" barrel, larue LT158 mount (10moa cant), vortex 4-16x50 FFP PST scope with butler creek caps, swivel harris bipod and YHM bipod adapter, using the LMT rail covers with some magpul ladder covers, and a blackhawk 3point sling. This is hands down the most I've ever invested into a rifle! All I need to do now is clean it up, run a bore snake down the bore, and go to the range!

Got it from kentucky gun company. They actually screwed up and sent me the 16" when I ordered the 20", but they quickly sent the correct rifle and my FFL sent the wrong one back. I think I would do business with them again just as long as they don't screw up any of my future orders!Was impressed with how fast they took care of the issue and would order from them again.

newlmtmws308.jpg

This is the same exact set up i have elf but I have a 16 inch barrel and a padded larue qd 2 point sling. The harris bipod is nice but I was very close in getting the atlas. How do you like your scope? Mine has not arrived yet to the house.

Really itching to order up a MWS. Is the only real difference between the rifles the barrel lengths? I wish I could order up a SBR, but that was a no go since the Kiwi's and Britts have exclusive contract to those.
frown.gif

well, i haven't fired the rifle yet as I just got the rifle today and I've had all the accessories just waiting for the rifle....... was actually going to get a dpms recon 308 then I figured screw it,,,, if i'm going to do this, then I'm doing it right.... plus it was taking too damn long for the DPMS recon,,,, so i jumped on the LMT band wagon and so far I'm glad I did. Will really let you know once I fire the rifle.

This will be my 4th AR platform .308 rifle and it is hands down the tightest, well fit rifle hands down... all previous were DPMS. I sold two of them just to get this one LMT.

As for the scope... it's is friggen awesome! I love the FFP and the illuminated recticle. I was a tad bit worried about my 50mm objective clearing the rail with the caps & the 10moa cant LT158 larue QD mount, but it ended up not being a problem at all and seriously have about 1/8" to 3/16" of an inch between the front cap and rail..absolutely perfect in my book... I'm thinking with the 20" barrel and the 10moa cant mount and bad arse scope this rifle should really have some range to it. You are going to love this scope!

I've always loved the harris swivel bipod so that is what I'm rolling on this set up.

BTW, I actually really like the LMT rail covers... I didn't think they would be that nice. You can really keep them in place if you put ladder rail covers on one side of them to fill up the rest of the rail.

Elfy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pedro23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the same exact set up i have elf but I have a 16 inch barrel and a padded larue qd 2 point sling. The harris bipod is nice but I was very close in getting the atlas. How do you like your scope? Mine has not arrived yet to the house. </div></div>

Elfster...congrats, it looks awesome.

That's pretty damn sick ERG....congrats on the pair.

i take it LMT test fires these rifles before they send them out? does anyone know how many rounds they pump thru these rifles @ the plant?

elfy

well, if you want the 16" CL, then kentucky gun company has them on sale with free shipping for $2299 and the sale ends 06/23. They did screw up on sending me the wrong barrel length rifle on my original order, but they instantly sent the correct one with a return label.. Even with the original screw up order, and the re-sent correct barrel length rifle I still got the correct rifle in 8days... Would've been 4days if they would've sent the correct one from the get go. Oh well, crap happens. Rather impressed so far with them and the customer service was actually really good. Manager on duty took care of it right way.

http://www.kygunco.com/products2.cfm/id/...win-matte-black

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really itching to order up a MWS. Is the only real difference between the rifles the barrel lengths? I wish I could order up a SBR, but that was a no go since the Kiwi's and Britts have exclusive contract to those.
frown.gif
</div></div>

Anyone?

im not totally sure what you are talking about, but i would just google LMT and check out their website.... i would think you should be able to answer your question there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really itching to order up a MWS. Is the only real difference between the rifles the barrel lengths? I wish I could order up a SBR, but that was a no go since the Kiwi's and Britts have exclusive contract to those.
frown.gif
</div></div>

Anyone? </div></div>

I did that already. They really don't good information on the rifle. They barely show what options you can get.

I only ask because the pricing is kind of wack on the rifles. A standard 16" CL barrel can be had for 2200-2400, but a 20" SS barreled version is 3500ish? Well shit, you can get a 20" SS for around 650, and then all you have to do is loosen 2 screws and that's it.

Don't say that out loud Baca. This was my route I was going to do later this year for a Christmas present by purchashing a 20" SS barrel.

Also I think some other companies out there can make the certain barrel parts to mate up with the LMT MWS. Just have to provide them a barrel of your choice in length and material.

I picked mine up an hour ago. Found it in a local shop 3 weeks ago. They
They had just received it. I liked it and put it in lay a way. Well then I get on hide and see how popular it is and think damn I'm good at picking out rifles lol! Anyway have 2700 out the door plus an extra pmag. It's the mws with 16" chrome lined barrel. I assume from what I have read its a fit deal. Jut hope it shoots as good a it looks.

Congrats guys on getting the LMT. Your all going to love them. They shoot great and in my experience love all kinds of ammo. Im getting sub moa with XM80 and even tighter with FGMM.

it's driving me nuts having to wait till saturday to fire this rifle for the first time... im crossing my fingers that its a real shooter. I got her all cleaned up and bore sighted... all I need to do now is load up and pull the trigger. I'll keep you all informed on how everything goes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just finished my new LMT MWS .308 with 20" barrel, larue LT158 mount (10moa cant), vortex 4-16x50 FFP PST scope with butler creek caps, swivel harris bipod and YHM bipod adapter, using the LMT rail covers with some magpul ladder covers, and a blackhawk 3point sling. This is hands down the most I've ever invested into a rifle! All I need to do now is clean it up, run a bore snake down the bore, and go to the range!

Got it from kentucky gun company. They actually screwed up and sent me the 16" when I ordered the 20", but they quickly sent the correct rifle and my FFL sent the wrong one back. I think I would do business with them again just as long as they don't screw up any of my future orders!Was impressed with how fast they took care of the issue and would order from them again.

newlmtmws308.jpg

</div></div>

I am putting mine on layaway Friday . It is my 5 year Anniversary present . Now i gotta buy the wife something nice so i can afford ammo for it lol. I am getting the 16 inch CL version. I am thinking about going a head and putting my order in for a 20 inch barrel. Should i go SS or CL . Also i am thinking of running the 16 inch as a CQB set up with a Eotech and a G33 magnifier on it. And running the 20 inch with a F1 NF MLR2.0 scope with a Micro T-1 on a off set. Which butt stock do you guys recomend i don't care for the one on it . I was thinking a UBR maybe ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldGuardShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am getting the 16 inch CL version. I am thinking about going a head and putting my order in for a 20 inch barrel. ... ?</div></div>
My 2 cents...shoot the 16" first ..I think you may be really surprised at how well it preforms . Mine shoots great and don't feel the need for something longer. YMMV

16 works dandy for the ranges that most all will shoot with a 7.62.

If you need to go longer, get a bolt gun in 300wm.

I picked up a 16" from Kentucky Gun Co recently as well. $2299...best price I could find anywhere. I've owned an LWRC REPR, Sig 716, DPMS LR308, FNAR, and a few other semi auto .308's and I've gotta say I am the most impressed with the LMT. It's a freakin tank of a gun and shoots awesome. Very pleased with her so far.

lmt2.jpg

damn that's a nice looking rifle... good job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kenstaroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked up a 16" from Kentucky Gun Co recently as well. $2299...best price I could find anywhere. I've owned an LWRC REPR, Sig 716, DPMS LR308, FNAR, and a few other semi auto .308's and I've gotta say I am the most impressed with the LMT. It's a freakin tank of a gun and shoots awesome. Very pleased with her so far.

lmt2.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nato762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldGuardShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am getting the 16 inch CL version. I am thinking about going a head and putting my order in for a 20 inch barrel. ... ?</div></div>
My 2 cents...shoot the 16" first ..I think you may be really surprised at how well it preforms . Mine shoots great and don't feel the need for something longer. YMMV </div></div>

Once you shoot the 16" you will forget about the 20". I have a 16" and shot a 20" and will stick with the 16". The MWS is no light weight, add my USO scope, rings, bipod and this rifle is getting heavy....shoot the 16" first and get use to it...

Just my thoughts...

I received my 3k dollar paper weight today.
frown.gif
The bolt is locked into battery, and you have to pull the charge handle and smack the stock on the ground. (this was LMT tech guys suggestion) He first thought the F-pin cam was improperly installed, This was not the case. I assured him. Shipping it back tomorrow without a round fired thinking I made the wrong choice, not buying the KAC..

damn bro, that sucks... i know it blows waiting for your rifle as I've been there before. Just give them some time to wait it out and I'm sure they will make it right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TRON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I received my 3k dollar paper weight today.
frown.gif
The bolt is locked into battery, and you have to pull the charge handle and smack the stock on the ground. (this was LMT tech guys suggestion) He first thought the F-pin cam was improperly installed, This was not the case. I assured him. Shipping it back tomorrow without a round fired thinking I made the wrong choice, not buying the KAC.. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TRON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I received my 3k dollar paper weight today.
frown.gif
The bolt is locked into battery, and you have to pull the charge handle and smack the stock on the ground. (this was LMT tech guys suggestion) He first thought the F-pin cam was improperly installed, This was not the case. I assured him. Shipping it back tomorrow without a round fired thinking I made the wrong choice, not buying the KAC.. </div></div>

I had a POF rifle that would stay locked in battery...it functioned fine but you had to drop the mag and fire it to clear the weapon. Obviously not the safest set up. Anyways... i was pissed and about to send it back to the factory but right before i did, i opened it up...pulled the bolt out and lubed up the locking lugs with militec. Problem solved...runs just like any other one now. Best thing is i didn't even have to send it back.

just wondering if you have taken the barrel off and back on yet?

frown.gif

Yes I have had it all the way taken down. And tried every piece independently. My best guess is the bolt or Barrel extension it is the SS 16 inch barrel. LMT said on the phone that after test firing them and cleaning them there have been some improperly assembled bolt/carrier groups. Mine had been fired buy them cause it was pretty dirty to say the least. so it might have missed the cleaning portion of there regiment.. I got it out of the box, cleared it, and dry fired it and went to charge it and it would not budge, smacked the CH with a brass hammer, then called LMT and they said it was not assembled by them correctly then he suggested that I smack it on the floor..

T.

Thank you so much Elfster1234 i ordered mine from them today and got the last 16 inch CL they had the woman told me they had a 18 inch SS and a 20 inch.

They do Layaway also 30 % down 60 days . what a snag i was going tomorrow to a place in oklahoma that wanted 400 dollars more thank you again.