• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

Update on Feb 1st post, went back to Barnwood in Ripon ca to ask if any update on order from middle of last year. Staff called and was told last of April. When asked why gun keeps getting pushed back was told military and L.E. orders comes first. Hope to receive before changes that may prevent shipment to ca.

I ordered mid-August last year. The shop that placed the order is estimating May from what they've been hearing from LMT. Sounds consistent with the feedback that you had. Just wondering whether they'll stick with the price I was quoted last year.

Hey Guys,
I just got my Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21x50mm(G2dmr) in from Optics Planet. They had a Presidents day sale at a great price so I bought it. Went out to my private spot in the desert and had a few shots at 700yds to get the feel of it.
It is simply amazing, it's way better than the Vortex I had previously. Don't get me wrong, the Viper PST is a great scope for the money but this Bushy beats it.
The G2dmr reticle is easy to use and really fast for holdovers. It does get a little tunneling at higher magnification but not to bad. Find the sweet spot on higher magnification
and this thing rocks.
IMG_3636_zpsd81935b4.jpg

IMG_3638_zps44e8154e.jpg

IMG_3637_zpsd23b716e.jpg

IMG_3632_zpse5505efb.jpg

IMG_3634_zps4bc8c12a.jpg

Well I sent my 16" cl barrel off the other day to have it dimpled. Even if it doesn't lighten it up that much it will look cool, ha. I sent the 24" Noveske Creedmoor barrel that I've had for a while also. The smith said he's never had a request to do one but was confident that he could, he has done MRP barrels and is converting a Noveske 18" for me. I will update later.

Went out and zero'd her the other day. An excellent day! She's a tack driver and I really like this rifle. Courtesy pic:

LMT_zpse03024f0.jpg

Reactions: aku
I'm pretty sure your set now Gildoom....you can chew up some serious yardage as is. Very nice rifle pal :)

How long is the LMT 6.5 Creedmore barrel? It doesn't say on the LMT website, I was looking at re-barreling my LMT MWS in either 260Rem or 6.5 Creedmore and I was told that the 6.5 feeds better (reloads).

It is 20 inches, not sure if the 1:9 is good I need to research more for the 140gr.

From the reading I did prior to picking up my 6.5cm barrel, 1/9 is less than ideal for the 140's. You may look into the Berger 130's if you get the 1/9 barrel, I'm seeing good things about them.

Is there any advantage to going with the 6.5 Creedmore over the 260 Rem for the LMT MWS? I was wanting to pick one and match it caliber wise with a bolt gun.

Is there any advantage to going with the 6.5 Creedmore over the 260 Rem for the LMT MWS? I was wanting to pick one and match it caliber wise with a bolt gun.

This is probably the best explanation to your question out there. I was going back and forth with the 260 vs the 6.5 creed, when I found the ammo for it on sale a few years back I decided to use it. Personally I don't think there is a really big difference, other than, now I find 260 ammo faster/cheaper. I don't reload much, so I am talking retail, not primers/bullets/brass, for that I have no idea at all.

6.5mm Shootout: .260 Remington vs. 6.5x47 Lapua vs. 6.5 Creedmoor

That was interesting reading, I don't reload right now so I also would probably go with the 260Rem. There is a lot of good LMT MWS info on this thread, glad I found it!

Still waiting. Would like 5.56 and .308 slick-side . Tried to buy from Buds that was posted on another thread but fell threw.

Here's a pic of my .260. It's been a laser so far, running 123 AMAX at 2925fps. Dope is dead on with my 26" bolt gun throwing 140 AMAX at 2825fps, out to 650yds. I've only had it a couple of weeks and that's as far out as I've had a chance to take it. Gun plumber has the barrel right now, threading the muzzle so a 30P-1 will be able to reside there. Shooting with ear muffs on is no fun.

2v9rrjk.jpg

Greetings,
I joined after reading this thread, and wanted to comment regarding shooting the MWS suppressed.

I have an MWS w/16" CL barrel, 16" CL barrel cut to 12" and retreaded w/blackout flash hider for AAC 7.62SD, NightForce 2.5x10 & now on order a NightForce B.E.A.S.T. 5x25.

Now I have only shot about 50rds through it without a suppressor and 1k+ w/suppressor. As far as it being over gassed, I have to say mine is. It doesn't matter if its the 16" or 12" barrel every couple of mags it has an over gas related malfunction. However, on the other end of the spectrum when I shoot my 180gr Sub Sonic hand loads I have to recharge it after every shot etc. So, I'm not
sure if their is a happy medium that can truly be had in this situation. I've started to look for an adjustable gas block, that I'm hoping will at least get me closer etc. So, to all you suppressed MWS guys, do you use an adjustable gas block and if so what are the results?

T

Do you have a pic of your MWS with the 12" barrel installed. The chassis covers roughly 13" of barrel.

details

Fresh off the work bench and about 99% done. I'll be sending the barrel out to Clint at Heavy Buffers for a brake install.

P1015523_zps1af5c1be.jpg

P1015524_zps3bb34bd1.jpg

and I picked up its mini me first week in December

P1015522_zpsc253a25e.jpg

Hi, what's the sights and the scope mount you used? Thanks!

Hi, what's the sights and the scope mount you used? Thanks!

The back ups are KAC 200-600 NSN marked. The mount is a Spuhr 20 MOA cant.

I moved the top rail KACs to the CQB. The scope going on the little gun will have a QD mount. I have a set of offset KAC 200-600 sights on backorder to put on the MWS.

I really like the KAC 200-600 sights. They offer accuracy a bit better than just battle sight zero.

Greetings,
I joined after reading this thread, and wanted to comment regarding shooting the MWS suppressed.

I have an MWS w/16" CL barrel, 16" CL barrel cut to 12" and retreaded w/blackout flash hider for AAC 7.62SD, NightForce 2.5x10 & now on order a NightForce B.E.A.S.T. 5x25.

Now I have only shot about 50rds through it without a suppressor and 1k+ w/suppressor. As far as it being over gassed, I have to say mine is. It doesn't matter if its the 16" or 12" barrel every couple of mags it has an over gas related malfunction. However, on the other end of the spectrum when I shoot my 180gr Sub Sonic hand loads I have to recharge it after every shot etc. So, I'm not
sure if their is a happy medium that can truly be had in this situation. I've started to look for an adjustable gas block, that I'm hoping will at least get me closer etc. So, to all you suppressed MWS guys, do you use an adjustable gas block and if so what are the results?

T

I'd like to know about a gas block for the CL barrel also, mine runs perfectly unsuppressed. I haven't had any malfunctions suppressed but it's obviously overgassed. I'm running a Pri on my 21" Noveske and it works excellent but I'm not sure if the diameter and port spacing from the shoulder are the same.

Not sure on the diameter question but I have heard good things about the MICRO MOA adjustable gas block. It's simple, has few parts and I haven't heard anything about it getting stuck. The owner is a nice guy and I am sure could answer the diameter question for you. I called him a few weeks ago and he answered all my questions.

Got a call that my 5.56 slick side LMT will be here the 23rd. of April. Thats next Tuesday. Great news.

Well my barrels finally made it back!!

http://imageshack.us/a/img850/65/photoapr30161522.jpg

Dimpled factory 16" Cl barrel

18" Noveske Spr barrel, rifle gas, 1-8, 3 groove, converted to mrp

24" Noveske 6.5 Creedmoor, 1-8, 3 groove, converted to fit the Mws

Sadly I only have a box of 120gr Creedmoor ammo, and no dies or components to load any.

Looks good! Let us know how they shoot.

I probably missed it earlier, but who did the work?

What is the buffer tube length on the sop mod stock? I need this info to get my slashes buffer heavy spring.

Carbine length.

I mean in inches? I measured mine and it comes up 7 5/8". I have emailed Clint over at slashes buffers and was told if I had a 7" tube I need the carbine length spring but if I had a 7-3/4" tube I needed the rifle length spring. Can some some one clarify this up?

I think carbine milspec is 7.25, I think. If your running sopmod; I guarantee
it is carbine and NOT rifle. I have several systems with milspec
tubes/sopmods.

I think carbine milspec is 7.25, I think. If your running sopmod; I guarantee
it is carbine and NOT rifle. I have several systems with milspec
tubes/sopmods.

Yea I am still on the original tube and SOPMOD stock. You wouldn't happen to have the correct part number for the the buffer and spring I need would ya? Would make things easier lol. Thanks man!

CAR10 (308 carbine buffer spring) spring if you run unsuppressed mostly with CAR10 buffer (right at h3 weight). If you run with a can a lot, maybe consider the car10 xh buffer but not necessary unless you run full power ammo with can all the time.

If I misunderstood what you are asking, advise. NP.

No can for me. See this where I get confused Clint over at slashes actually said I needed the Car-10 HX buffer and carbine spring for my setup. Here's a pic of email when he responded back.

779E83A9-5CD6-49CC-9619-BB1D12162467-185-00000019042C3E4D.jpg

Last edited:
No can for me. See this where I get confused Clint over at slashes actually said I needed the Car-10 HX buffer and carbine spring for my setup. Here's a pic of email when he responded back.

779E83A9-5CD6-49CC-9619-BB1D12162467-185-00000019042C3E4D.jpg

Trust me brother. Your good without the car10 xh then. Both mine have car10 buffer (non xh) and 308 carbine spring from him and there is a noticeable difference in this combo than with stock. I like the ss he uses and it has much more surface contact in the buffer tube than the stock h2's and h3's. Put that with the right spring and it's a great combo. Run a light coat of lube on your buffer and spring as well. (Am I saying you must have this combo? NOPE. I like it and both my 308's run smooth with/without can as well as being 100% reliable.) I only run federal 150 ball for playing (Mostly when someone else wants to shot it.), mostly 168 fgmm, mk316 mod 0 or southwest 175 m118. I cannot advise on underpower or surplus ammo.

please forgive my ignorance, but how is this better than a repr? I was out shooting my buddys repr yesterday and the 11?" circle at 703 yards was a breeze even with the 16" barrel. is the mws more accurate? of lighter? or what?

Just a different platform. The MWS is multi caliber, barrel length and has a real monolithic
upper receiver. Available with chrome lined barrels or SS.

MWS is direct impingement and REPR is piston/op rod. REPR is 1/2
pound lighter but some say feels more light due to small handguard. The new
LMTLM8MWS solves the bulk of a quad rail if that's an issue for a buyer as well.

Both good rifles. I have both but just don't shoot my REPR much at all.

Looks good! Let us know how they shoot.

I probably missed it earlier, but who did the work?

Well the first 2 shots out of the 6.5 barrel to zero at 100yds were touching with factory Hornady 120 Amax. Took it to 500 later on steel and put 3 into about 2 1/2", all horizontal deviation.

The SPR barrel I tried some loads in with 8208xbr and 77smks, 2000mr with 75 Hornadys and TAC with 77 Nos and 75 Hdy. It didn't look very good with anything at first but it was getting tighter and tighter towards the end. I think I should have let it break in a little before trying load development so I'll try again.

I was shooting the factory 16" CL barrel today and was banging steel at 750 with my blasting load using TAC and pulled 175 SMKs.

And as luck would have it the zeros between all three of my mws barrels are within a mil of each other. 0'd with the 21" barrel the 6.5 shoots .3R and .1U and the 16" CL is 1R and .3U. I need to figure out some easily interchangeable dope cards to stick on the gun. I'm thinking make them up in excel to size, laminate and use velcro to hold them on.

Last edited:
I haven't seen many pics lately. Thought I'd contribute and maybe get some others to post some pics of their MWS's. Here is mine playing in the dirt. Not a great pic but the MWS is awesome.

Stay on target,
Geld6

Here's mine! Awaiting a sure fire brake, slashs heavy upgrade buffer and spring and my reloading set up. Thinking of adding a S.A.P.R for the proper height I need. She's a shooter nonetheless

8AA06B49-998D-49BB-BF9E-949403FFEA1D-12433-00000D05FAD9AA74.jpg

I ordred a different "semi 308" for work last August... All the BS from the manufacturer concerning a lack of accurate timelines or information is making me sick.

Therefore, a new in the box LMT MWSE 16" will be arriving by the end of next week. I'll throw on my F1 mil/mil and a BABC and be on the line rocking it by Friday :)

Thanks for all of the good information and range reports.

You will love it! The 16"cl shoots astonishingly well, mine has amazed me every time I have taken it I out. The info in this thread has been spot on. As you know the only downfall is the weight ( just eat some wheaties).

Mine took about 75 rounds to calm down and it truly shines with 175gn SMKs and Varget.