• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

I think I’m going to like this change. It always shot amazing but with a 24” barrel it was so unwieldy that I hardly took it out. Chopped the noveske 6.5 cm down to 18”. Had an adjustable gas block before but wanted to go simpler and put the original pinned block on. Tubb spring with an h3 buffer and it ejects at 4:30 unsuppressed and about 2 suppressed. Good enough. Still seems to want to print a consistent 1/2-3/4moa with my 130 eld load. Dropped from 2850fps to 2700 which is about what I expected.

Attachments

• 830A1DC6-97E8-4720-85C7-D66DADF22203.jpeg
    830A1DC6-97E8-4720-85C7-D66DADF22203.jpeg
    739.6 KB · Views: 633
Recent NRA show showcasing the so called Estonia DMR. I understand there are a few piston .308 barrels out in the wild from last year.

I think the gun would have look better with an integrated front sight on the gas block.

View attachment 7886555
Am I reading this correctly that the Estonian DMR rifles will be .308?

Has anyone here ordered and recieved a gun from LMT since the plague started? I read of on guy on Instagram who ordered through a dealer and has been waiting over 2 years now. Is that pretty standard or a one off? I have a rifle build in mind I want them to do...but DAMN, 2 years is a LONG time for them to have my money.

Has anyone here ordered and recieved a gun from LMT since the plague started? I read of on guy on Instagram who ordered through a dealer and has been waiting over 2 years now. Is that pretty standard or a one off? I have a rifle build in mind I want them to do...but DAMN, 2 years is a LONG time for them to have my money.
Just go buy a used one. Then kit it out as you want. Most are safe queens and they come up used on here and other places all the time.

Reactions: Jsp556
I suggest buying it a piece at a time.
- Upper
- Lower, Complete (MARS-H if possible)
- Barrel
- BCG

Reactions: wichitaguns
Some people are still in to the quad rails. I think the only real down side is the weight but the barrels are still the same. I'm sure the accuracy is the same.

I purchased my LMT MWS 308 years ago from the original owner. It has low round count through it. I use it to hunt deer with and have not had a single issue with it. Are these older MWS's still desirable?
Some people are still in to the quad rails. I think the only real down side is the weight but the barrels are still the same. I'm sure the accuracy is the same.
I have a quad rail, and while it is heavier, I prefer being able to attach directly to the hand guard. LMT still lists the quad rail upper on their site, but all their new 7.62 rifles are mlok. They had a fire sale on all the LM8 uppers recently ($500). I would expect that your rifle has held its value if not appreciated since you bought it. Appears to be in great shape!

I have a quad rail, and while it is heavier, I prefer being able to attach directly to the hand guard. LMT still lists the quad rail upper on their site, but all their new 7.62 rifles are mlok. They had a fire sale on all the LM8 uppers recently ($500). I would expect that your rifle has held its value if not appreciated since you bought it. Appears to be in great shape!
I don't mind the weight. The rifle is in great condition. Looks like new still. What type of value do these older rifles have in great condition?

I have that quad rail on my MWS... and I have an 18in bartlein SS bbl. Shoots exactly the same fps wise as the 24 inch LMT bbl what was on the gun originally.

I love that rifle.

I don't mind the weight. The rifle is in great condition. Looks like new still. What type of value do these older rifles have in great condition?
One just like yours has been on GB for a minute at $4,500. I am no appraiser, but I bet $3,500 isn’t unreasonable. SS 1-11.25” or CL 1-10” barrel?

I purchased my LMT MWS 308 years ago from the original owner. It has low round count through it. I use it to hunt deer with and have not had a single issue with it. Are these older MWS's still desirable?

ET4Z1cg.jpg
Is that one of the original billet receiver guns? I’ve got one in the back of the safe also.

I sent @unclemoak a Craddock 6.5cm barrel where they used a Bartlein gain twist blank to convert for my 15.5" mws upper. The barrel is 22" long and has a +3 gas system. It's one of the signature series that they usually keep in stock. As usual his work was fantastic and the turn around time (even being that he wasn't officially doing MWS conversions yet) was totally on par with his normal MRP conversions.

Took it out last weekend and just threw together some factory Hornady 140 ELD clone loads at 41.5gr of h4350 seated to mag length using some brass i found at the range in recent years and cleaned up as best as i could. It shot everything under 3/4" and most groups were 1/2". Had a few .3 groups if not for that measly 5th round flier. I also did some extras working up to 42.2gr just to see how we were looking on pressures and velocities. It handled the 42.2gr load no problem and velocity was 2720fps. Gonna work on some more load development and see what it can do with some good brass from the same lot. Either way I'm totally satisfied with the work he did and the way it shoots so far.

I switched to a heavy buffers 10oz buffer just to see if it would run and sure enough it did. With the 10oz buffer and the +3 gas this thing recoils so nicely. It felt like shooting a 223. The factory 6.5 barrel and standard rifle buffer was annoying to shoot. Very violent recoil impulse. I forgot to bring my rod so I didn't get a chance to shoot it with my TBAC 6.5 ultra 7. Hopefully next time.

Anyway here's some pics.
20220723_182416.jpg
20220723_182101.jpg

I sent @unclemoak a Craddock 6.5cm barrel where they used a Bartlein gain twist blank to convert for my 15.5" mws upper. The barrel is 22" long and has a +3 gas system. It's one of the signature series that they usually keep in stock. As usual his work was fantastic and the turn around time (even being that he wasn't officially doing MWS conversions yet) was totally on par with his normal MRP conversions.

Took it out last weekend and just threw together some factory Hornady 140 ELD clone loads at 41.5gr of h4350 seated to mag length using some brass i found at the range in recent years and cleaned up as best as i could. It shot everything under 3/4" and most groups were 1/2". Had a few .3 groups if not for that measly 5th round flier. I also did some extras working up to 42.2gr just to see how we were looking on pressures and velocities. It handled the 42.2gr load no problem and velocity was 2720fps. Gonna work on some more load development and see what it can do with some good brass from the same lot. Either way I'm totally satisfied with the work he did and the way it shoots so far.

I switched to a heavy buffers 10oz buffer just to see if it would run and sure enough it did. With the 10oz buffer and the +3 gas this thing recoils so nicely. It felt like shooting a 223. The factory 6.5 barrel and standard rifle buffer was annoying to shoot. Very violent recoil impulse. I forgot to bring my rod so I didn't get a chance to shoot it with my TBAC 6.5 ultra 7. Hopefully next time.

Anyway here's some pics.
View attachment 7923428View attachment 7923429
Saw this one on the FB group. Looks great!

Reactions: Dirtracer151

Not mine. Posted just in case someone was looking.

I ordered in early 2020 when everything started popping off and it arrived mid-January 2021. I unsubbed from the emails after I received it but V1 Tactical, who I ordered through, kept weekly emails as to the progress of the situation, regardless if they had any news directly from LMT. LMT stopped providing updates to them/public in November 2020, again, I don't know what comments they have provided recently as I've had my LMT since January 2021 and have unsubbed from V1 because I don't want them to show me stuff to buy.

I checked their website and everything is wait list, so I'd imagine it's pretty baron atm. I know historically they had a military contract to fill before they started filling our stuff.

I've read through a significant amount of this thread... but can I ask what's the general consensus on 20 moa vs 0 moa mounts on these guns? I have a 16" .308 CL and just recently bought a NF ATACR 4-16.

I've read through a significant amount of this thread... but can I ask what's the general consensus on 20 moa vs 0 moa mounts on these guns? I have a 16" .308 CL and just recently bought a NF ATACR 4-16.
Depends on the scope and reasonably how far you're looking to shoot. I have a 0 moa on mine and with a 100yd zero on a 5-25 ATACR F1 I'm able to dial 16 mils. That's plenty for anything I'd ever need to do with the rifle.

I've shot mine for ~3 years with an ATACR 4-16 and been totally good with 0 moa

Reactions: DJ698
Depends on the scope and reasonably how far you're looking to shoot. I have a 0 moa on mine and with a 100yd zero on a 5-25 ATACR F1 I'm able to dial 16 mils. That's plenty for anything I'd ever need to do with the rifle.
Ok I figured as much. I'm still kinda new to longer ranges (greater than 500 yds), and figured the ATACR had plenty of elevation. I'd like to able to routinely do around 800 if I can do my part.

I actually had a 0 moa mount and swapped it out for a 20 moa because I wasn't getting the full travel out of the elevation turret.
Also a 16” .308.
This was with the 0 moa mount.
View attachment 7926154

That is sweet!

How is the gas with that RC2?
Leaning towards a 16” with that same set up

I've been really considering getting a suppressor (my first one) for my LMT 308 MWS Gen 1 but was told that they are way over gassed from the get go. If this is true what are the best ways to fix that and what suppressors would be best to go with? This rifle is mainly used for deer and hog hunting. Any advice would be much appreciated.

ET4Z1cg.jpg

I've been really considering getting a suppressor (my first one) for my LMT 308 MWS Gen 1 but was told that they are way over gassed from the get go. If this is true what are the best ways to fix that and what suppressors would be best to go with? This rifle is mainly used for deer and hog hunting. Any advice would be much appreciated.

ET4Z1cg.jpg
BRT gas tube

ET4Z1cg.jpg
Everyone’s uses and requirements are different that said the LMT has been known to be a little over-gassed to improve reliability. Look for a low back-pressure silencer. I just bought a Sandman S, hopefully🤞it will run stock with the OEM H3 buffer without having to run an adjustable gas block or a smaller aperture gas tube.

That is sweet!

How is the gas with that RC2?
Leaning towards a 16” with that same set up

It’s an RC1, but I imagine they are similar.
Gas isn’t too bad, I don’t shoot it super fast though. Haven’t had any malfunctions but it does really kick the brass out.

Everyone’s uses and requirements are different that said the LMT has been known to be a little over-gassed to improve reliability. Look for a low back-pressure silencer. I just bought a Sandman S, hopefully🤞it will run stock with the OEM H3 buffer without having to run an adjustable gas block or a smaller aperture gas tube.
If you don't mind would you please let me know if it works well?

My 16" MWS kicks out a nice an tight pile of brass at 3 o'clock with the OEM H3 and SpringCo Orange spring when unsuppressed. With a rugged surge 7.62 on it, I may as well be shooting a 30-06. You have probably seen that LMT teamed up with LLNL to produce a suppressor for this rifle that limited back pressure. It was also made for year long sustained automatic fire and thus ended up being a literal brick at 2 lbs and 2 inches in diameter. It is a reflex can though and I believe optimized for their 16"+ 7.62 barrels. That could be an option, if you can find one. LMT VBS 7.62.

FROM SPRINCO - "NOTE: If you have a seriously overgassed .308 Carbine which has the deeper AR-10 platform receiver extension tube running an H3 buffer firing 175 Gr. Projectiles and / or suppressed, many shooters have experienced success using the "ORANGE" spring, as it is still heavier than a "RED" spring in that application."