• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

I found an LMT MARS-H DMR .308 with 20 inch barrel for $3,300 shipped. This seems like a good deal or am I wrong? The only .30 cal suppressor I own is a DA Nomad-L which I have heard is one of the highest backpressure units around. Great on my bolt guns but I dont know how it would work out on this one.
That’s the going rate at a normal dealer (Rooftop Defense) whereas you’d be adding $500+ to that elsewhere.

I just snagged my MARSH 16” CL from Rooftop last week at just under 3k. This rifle is tits. Need the 20” SS 308 and 65cm now though.

No idea about the can though. I have my ECCO-modified AAC 762SDN6 (aka 1.6 pounds of outdated shit) on it with the SF mount and it works great.

Reactions: Jsp556
I found an LMT MARS-H DMR .308 with 20 inch barrel for $3,300 shipped. This seems like a good deal or am I wrong? The only .30 cal suppressor I own is a DA Nomad-L which I have heard is one of the highest backpressure units around. Great on my bolt guns but I dont know how it would work out on this one.
Anecdotally, I've run my higher pressure, gemtech GMT-300WM on my 18 inch 308 as well as my 20 inch 6.5cm with no issues.

Sent my 13.5 and 16 inch 308 barrels way beyond redline. Now i run a sandman k on those barrels with zero issues.

Reactions: Jsp556

I have a LMT LM8 slick side with 22 inch Proof Carbon 6.5CM barrel with an adjustable gas block, JP AR10 SCS H2, and a Nomad LT (Nomad L in Titanium) and it shoots great. You could either use a Black River Tactical tube to reduce gas with the factory gas block or have D. Wilson remove it and install an AGB. I have a virgin 20 inch LMT factory barrel with a BRT gas tube. I just picked up a 15.3 upper for my Proof Barrel and am going to install the 20" 308 barrel in my slick side LM8. I will let you know soon.

I appreciate all the info. Does anybody know the maxiumum length ARCA rail that will fit on the 12.5 M-LOK upper? I am looking at the Area-419 8" or 6" dovetail rails. I have been searching the threads and found some info but it was not related to the M-LOK upper.

Posted this in a few other LMT pages... but I'm supper stoked with how well this build is coming together. Can is still in jail, so I can't paint it or stretch its legs yet.
53273559394_07955900d3_k.jpg

And while we're at it, my "battle rifle" 13.5 .308.
53285132317_cd94e0f5de_k.jpg

I prefer KAC mags and won’t waste my time on other Metal magazines but Magpul PMAG 20 & 10 LR/SR Gen 3’s work great and are a cost effective alternative.
I concur . Just a FYI, the 20's fit, SNUG in my lower. The 25's are not usable and super lean into it kind of tight. Just need a line on some KAC mags and some lube!

Reactions: Faronth
I concur . Just a FYI, the 20's fit, SNUG in my lower. The 25's are not usable and super lean into it kind of tight. Just need a line on some KAC mags and some lube!
Give the Lancer l7s a go. I have the same issue with tight fitting PMags, Lancers have been perfect, steel re-enforcement at the top stops them swelling when loaded.

Reactions: Rockworx
Wanting to add an Arca rail to my MWS with the M-LOK handguard.

Can anyone share what rail and hardware they have used?

I'm considering the 8" Arca rail offered by Seekins Precision.
https://seekinsprecision.com/mras.html

View attachment 8263977

Area 419 also makes a 8" Arca rail. But is it unclear if this is meant for use or can be converted to use on a M-LOK handguard.
https://www.area419.com/product/arcalock-8-flat/
View attachment 8263978

Triarc System also makes an 8" rail.
https://www.triarcsystems.com/product/tri-arca-rail-plate/

View attachment 8263980

I just put a 10” Sawtooth Rifles Dependabilt Arca rail on a LMT 15.3 m-lok upper. I have a shorter Henderson Precision Arca rail on a LM8.
B925509E-C775-418D-AD92-1A3688DD1D39.jpeg

View attachment 8263977

Area 419 also makes a 8" Arca rail. But is it unclear if this is meant for use or can be converted to use on a M-LOK handguard.
View attachment 8263978

View attachment 8263980
FWIW I’ve found that the rails with the scalloped cutouts like the Seekins are much more comfortable to handle and carry.

Reactions: Ichi

View attachment 8263977

View attachment 8263978

View attachment 8263980
The 8" Arca rail from Area 419 fits perfectly on the 12.5 upper but it does not ship with the M-LOK hardware. I used some M-LOK hardware I found sitting around and it worked great.

Reactions: Ichi
I have a LMT LM8 slick side with 22 inch Proof Carbon 6.5CM barrel with an adjustable gas block, JP AR10 SCS H2, and a Nomad LT (Nomad L in Titanium) and it shoots great. You could either use a Black River Tactical tube to reduce gas with the factory gas block or have D. Wilson remove it and install an AGB. I have a virgin 20 inch LMT factory barrel with a BRT gas tube. I just picked up a 15.3 upper for my Proof Barrel and am going to install the 20" 308 barrel in my slick side LM8. I will let you know soon.
Finally found time to zero the rifle and test it out a bit, I only had 600 yards available. Leupold MK5 5-25, Spuhr mount, and Atlas PSR bipod. It seemed to like Hornady 168 ELD match and FGMM 175 SMK the best. FGMM 175 center strike was not quite as good as the SMK but pretty close. Im not going to slap the Nomad-L on until the 50/50 mixed gas tube comes in from black river tactical. Any experience with the 50/50 tube and everything else completely stock?

Reactions: TXRattler07

View attachment 8263977

View attachment 8263978

View attachment 8263980

Since I have the 12.5" MWS upper, I ordered and attached the Seekins 8" Arca Rail.

https://www.kygunco.com/product/seekins-precision-0010560097-arca-black-8-long-3.5-slot-mlok-mount

1699553559120.png

The M-LOK screws do not come with thread lock on them, but that is easily solved. The only issue that you may run into is that the M-LOK screw that is closest to the chamber may need to be filed down a small amount to clear the barrel.

Spoke with a local gun shop who deals with lots of suppressors and asked what they would recommend for mt LMT 308. They recommended a SilencerCo Omega 300. Any of you guys running this can?
Yep! Matter of fact, I answered you about this April 12th when you asked about 3 different suppressor options. Anyway, I'll say again, I'm running the factory S/A BCG/A5 tube/H3 buffer combo, but with a Sprinco Red spring, PRI Gas Buster charging handle and BRT EZ Tune 50/50 gas tube on a 20" SS barrel.

Bottom line, you will have to tune it! But once it's tuned, it's very smooth. I'm actually getting smaller groups with the Omega attached than without it, around .75 MOA with box ammo.

Attachments

• 20220825_100519.jpg
    20220825_100519.jpg
    914.9 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Reactions: PearlWhiteGT
Spoke with a local gun shop who deals with lots of suppressors and asked what they would recommend for mt LMT 308. They recommended a SilencerCo Omega 300. Any of you guys running this can?
The only reason that they would recommend that POS is because they have one on the shelf that they are trying to unload.

It’s a very high back pressure can.

There are many better options that don’t require that you reengineer the gas system to make it run reliably.

Last edited:
Don't listen to your local gun shop. I second what Gasgun wrote above because it is 100% true. Ask me how I know. If you want to go down the rabbit hole of adjustable gas blocks or aftermarket gas tubes by all means pick one up.

My Omega 300 on my LMT MWS 20" SS barrel does hell of a job on brass. Attached a photo to show you what it does. FYI brass ejects at 1 o'clock and lands in the next county. Since I live in a county that is bigger then several states that's saying something.

I suggest you do some more of your own research. Your gonna want a low back pressure can. Something like a Huxwrk or similar.

Not to say the Omega 300 is complete junk but it does a much better job on a bolt gun. Even then there are better options out there. The only reason I have one is it was reamended to me by someone I trust. Still trust them, just not on suppressor recommendations. :)

HTH

Attachments

• 308 brass ejected from stock LMT MWS 20 in SS barrel with Omeag 300 mounted..jpg
    308 brass ejected from stock LMT MWS 20 in SS barrel with Omeag 300 mounted..jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Reactions: PearlWhiteGT
Thanks fellas. He did mention the Huxwrk Ventum 762 but said it would not be as quiet as the Omega 300. I really don't want to deal with tuning the rifle just to run a suppressor on it. It's my hunting rifle that I take out only during deer season. Been running it as it came from the factory with no issues.

I have a Tranquillo off my Larue to try , waiting for another muzzle device to try it on my MWS with the 16 inch barrel I have been using a a Vox S with the end wipe and will need to tune it for the 16 it works fin on the 13.5 setup.

Reactions: TUNTAVERNGRUNT
I have a Tranquillo off my Larue to try , waiting for another muzzle device to try it on my MWS with the 16 inch barrel I have been using a a Vox S with the end wipe and will need to tune it for the 16 it works fin on the 13.5 setup.
Just picked up a MWS 16” 308 about a month ago and have been running a Tranquillo. Ejection is 3-4 o’clock and runs smooth.

Question about arca plates for the MWS with 5 M-LOK slots on the bottom:

A few above mentioned the 8" from A419 and 8" Seekins.
Those of you running an arca on the bottom of this particular upper... I'm looking to run it with my RRS ARMS-LR SOAR adapted CAL so any issue with slippage on one vs the other? Regrets? Other options? I like the scalloped design of the Seekins but didn't know if they have slippage issues with RRS clamps (no experience with Seekins).

Figured I'd waste a bit more cash this weekend... Like a good dirty consumer.

Pic to cover the tax.
(I let my buddy borrow my spare NXS F1 3-15x, so the 1-8 was tossed on as a placeholder)

IMG_8356.jpeg

Can anyone confirm the cerakote color code on the factory fde rifles? I called LMT and the guy wasn't 100% sure that it was Magpul Flat Dark Earth. I sent off a scope to get coated and don't want to get it wrong.

in a similar boat LMT is all ready just waiting on the can...still. From a balance perspective I wouldn't waste time with an ARCA rail.... either get a 3" pic rail (RRS) as close to magazine as u can or use a bag or hog clamp - cuz balance of rifle and inability to put ARCA over the part that clamps to the barrel. I went n got the quad rail upper just so I could still switch barrels out with out redoing attachments.

I am curious what mags everyone is using?

I ask because I am done with lancers. I can not get them to feed reliably in any of my MWSs. I have worked with their support to no end. I am not trimming more springs…

I am not opposed to knights or Larue but would prefer something more reasonably priced since I am looking for 10-20. I have a good number of pmags in 2 generations but am concerned about the feed lips keeping them loaded.

Are the D&H retro mags any good? I am open to suggestions.

Pic for attention.

Attachments

• IMG_6412.jpeg
    IMG_6412.jpeg
    272.4 KB · Views: 92
I’ve tried a few d&h, very limited, but haven’t had issues. Brownells aluminums can work but needed cleaning up inside to keep followers from sticking. ASC don’t even bother. I bought a few but they won’t even lock into any sr25 mag gun I have. Pmag are 100%, larue and kac are 100% if you need the extra oal.

Reactions: bikejunky
Any reason why the Noveske 20" 6.5 switchblock barrel wouldn't work if a D Wilson conversion is done with an LM8 upper. It appears the switchblock should be just in front of the handguard. Looks like a normal rifle length gas system.

Any reason why the Noveske 20" 6.5 switchblock barrel wouldn't work if a D Wilson conversion is done with an LM8 upper. It appears the switchblock should be just in front of the handguard. Looks like a normal rifle length gas system.
Should work fine. He did a 16” switchblock 308 for me a while back. AFAIK noveske still uses armalite pattern bolts so you’ll need one of those to get it to headspace right. I’ve used an armalite bolt in LMT carrier(with Noveske barrels) without issue for many rounds.

Should work fine. He did a 16” switchblock 308 for me a while back. AFAIK noveske still uses armalite pattern bolts so you’ll need one of those to get it to headspace right. I’ve used an armalite bolt in LMT carrier(with Noveske barrels) without issue for many rounds.
Thanks for that feedback. The Noveske barrel does come with a headspaced bolt, or right now they are running a bundle promotion where you can get a barrel/headspaced BCG combo. Is there any compatibility issues running a non-LMT BCG in the MWS upper?

Anyone here run the 175gr Norma ammo through the 20” 308 SS barrel? If so, how’d it do?

Just snagged a 20” SS so figured I’d grab a case of it to try out and break in with…unless it’s dogshit like their 9mm 115gr.

🍻

Anyone here run the 175gr Norma ammo through the 20” 308 SS barrel? If so, how’d it do?

Just snagged a 20” SS so figured I’d grab a case of it to try out and break in with…unless it’s dogshit like their 9mm 115gr.

🍻
Norma 168gr averages about 0.75 MOA in 5 shot groups at 300 yards for me out of an 20" LMT SS barrel. I haven't tried their 175gr in this gun, but in other rifles, my records tend to support better performance from 168gr vs. 175gr out of 1/11.25" twist guns. Out of your gun? You'll have to test!

Norma 168gr averages about 0.75 MOA in 5 shot groups at 300 yards for me out of an 20" LMT SS barrel. I haven't tried their 175gr in this gun, but in other rifles, my records tend to support better performance from 168gr vs. 175gr out of 1/11.25" twist guns. Out of your gun? You'll have to test!
I like 168 in the semis.

Don’t know if there is science or psychology behind that but it’s my experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: M8541Reaper
I’ll have to grab some 168s. I have a lot of 175 (FGMM, BH, and M118LR) but never tried the Norma. The 175 shoots well in the 16” CL and worked really well in my bolt guns (1:10’s and 1:12’s).

I just have a bad taste in my mouth from the shit experience I had with their 9mm. Figured if they can’t get it right with bulk 9mm, then how can I trust em with match ammo.

Fuck it I’ll order a few boxes and see I guess. Barrel will be in next week.

🍻
Thanks guys.

Reactions: brightt
I totally agree. Out of my ~8 or so AR-10 types, the M14s, FALs, G3s, SAN 751, it's almost universal. The ones that don't like 168gr like 147gr.

I think investigating a quality 155 at speed would probably discover something really good but I kind of like my made ammo to be vanilla.

Lazy yes, but it keeps from having a bunch of bullet types, a bunch of powders and spending a lot of time FAFO.

I think investigating a quality 155 at speed would probably discover something really good but I kind of like my made ammo to be vanilla.

Lazy yes, but it keeps from having a bunch of bullet types, a bunch of powders and spending a lot of time FAFO.
That's been the other surprise for me over the years: none of my semiautomatics like factory 155gr. I've got maybe ~1000 rounds of Hornady Black, Lapua, and GGG 155gr I bought for testing that I don't even waste my time with much anymore.

I think it helps to admit that any given .308 semi was probably designed specifically for one of three things: M80, M118LR, or FGMM 168gr. Those are the standards, and if I didn't have shit for brains, I'd test each gun against all three first before I tried other ammo in a given subcategory.

Anyone know the length of the MLOK bolt needed to sit flush inside of the 5 slot handguard?

Snagged an A419 Arca plate for it and was going to head to Ace tomorrow to grab a few short bolts for it.