• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

Re: LMT .308 MWS

My SS is definitely sub-moa. I am still working on my basics with it. It is a little more challenging than a bolt gun or the 5.56mm guns. Cold weather and bulky clothes have not helped either...

I have shot a bunch of 5 shot groups out to 300yds (longest distance at the club closest to my house) that are right at or a little less than MOA (several 2"ish ones at 300). I have shot a number of almost screamer groups also, so I need to man up on the consistency. Example from last Friday.... 3 shots fricking touching at 300 yds, 4th shot I relaxed just as the trigger broke and threw it 3 inches out, 5th shot opened the 4 shot group to about an inch c to c.

I also changed the factory flash hider to an AAC 51T. I did not shoot it enough beforehand for a definitive read, but I do believe that helped the accuracy. It did lower the POI approximately 4 MOA, so as always with a closed bottom FH, there had to be some influence on the bullet. I have seen A2 to A1 FH swaps cuts group size in half.

I need to load up some 175's at a lighter charge also, I am getting some ejector marks. I had run out of 175's ...more are inbound... I want to try 44 gr of Varget in a Win case as the ones I use in the bolt gun are a bit warm.

The barrel cleans up with a couple patches. No Copper fouling. Oh, and my break in routine was I just shot it 30 times and took it home to clean it....

So far it seems to like 150/155 and 175. The 168 Fed M1A load and my bolt gun hunting load of a 168 NBtip (also warm) both seem to run 2 MOA. I understand the Brits are running a 155 at 2650fps.

My trigger pin has a bit of movement, I doubt it is beyond specification, but it is not as tight as might be desired. I have a G. SD-E trigger in it.

I can see having another one of these guns. Especially with the 6.5 Creedmoor 20" that is coming.

As another poster stated "I like it more every time I shoot it".
I can also see why there are favorable reports from the British troops in Afghanistan.

I started out in this thread at full speed when I got my MWS a while back from the first batch that was delivered.

A few observations as I have been following that are just my opinions.

First I would say that if available when I purchased I would have opted for the SS 5R as the price from the factory is more than fair. As for upgrading my CL barrel for the 5R hell no. My CL easily holds .5 with my 175gr handloads...it aint broke so why fix it.

I offered up my MWS to DBMG to work out the kinks on their barrel conversion. During this time I have seen and handled a few LMT's in MWS and MRP flavor. LMT is a company that I beleive has the ability and knowledge to put out a quality product however there seems to be some QA issues that have been showing up as production increases. I would much rather they slow down and focus on QA vice trying to meet the demand, IMO this is what can make fans into haters very quickly.

Overall bang for the buck I still dont think there is another 308 AR that can match the MWS but I do feel like they should offer the rifle in a more basic configuration such as they do with the MRP sans SOPMOD and LMT 2 stage trigger as well as without the BUIS. These items just add to end user cost and the bulk of folks are ditching these parts so why include them in the first place.

Frigging optics for this this is the hard part. I know there are options that fit my needs but I just cant swing 3K on glass right now. Perhaps SHOT will reveal a 1-8x daylight visible optic sub 1K price...lol doubt it but I can wish. I have tried many combinations of optics so far ranging from super cheap to pretty expensive (2K) but in the end none really offer the ability to function as a LR and close in sight. Curently have a MK4 3-10 with a Primary Arms piggy backed onto it ans an EOTEC still in the box not mounted. The loopy set up is to busy and I think the ET is a great 556 optic not so sure about it on a 308.

OK rant off
wink.gif
back to removing Krylon to prep for coating.

A06

EDIT: I failed to be specific in my gripe. The QA issues that I'm aware of were/are not critical in nature and easily fixed by end user. Having been impressed with my rifle I was a bit dissapointed to see some rather obvious things overlooked prior to shipping given a price point over 2K.

Anchor Zero Six, You mind sharing that receipe? I have the 16" CL barrel. I shot a couple Sub MOA 5 round groups today with the 168 FGMM but I could not get my handloads or BH 175 to do better than 1-1.25 three were sub MOA the other two rounds where throwing the groups. Are you getting these groups from prone or bench. Also what scope where you using for the .5 groups?

No problem; 45gr Varget, 175gr SMK, CCI#34, COAL 2.7882

Curently much fuglier than in either pic as I'm in the process of stripping the paint to prep for dura coating FDE. Also will end up either fluting or dimpling the barrel to balance it out a bit. Honestly the weight dosnt bother me but its all up front and adding weight to the rear seems silly.
DSC00431.jpg

DSC00464.jpg

Optics used thus far, USO 1.5-6x, USO 1.8-10x, Loopy 3.5-10X as well as a few non magnified dot sights. The group shots and load development were done with the 10x optics. The SN-4 was great for 12x12 plates at distance but wasnt very good for hole punching.

I consider myself lucky and nothing more. I'm not bagging on the MWS as mine shoots very well but I dont think its the norm based on several PM's I received early on from other MWS owners, hence my earlier rant. I know they can do it I just havent been happy with some recent posts on what others are getting for accuracy. I have reccomended the MWS to a few friends and dont want to see them get anything less than what I have.

I have also shot really crappy surp ammo with decent results ranging from just under 2" for Port Surp, 1-1.5 for US Surp loose packed and delinked belt ammo.

Do you get any extractor marks at 45grs? I was with Win cases and Fed 210M primers. I was running about 2520fps with 45. The extractor marks were the reason I planned to drop to 44 grs. Perhaps the chamber and throat are a tad tighter on the SS than the Chrome?

Thanks Anchor, I'm sure mine will do better, that same load but with Fed match primers are .5 in my FN A1 SPR I should have tried that load. Ill try your loading and post the results.

I was hopeful when zeroing at 50 when I put 10 rounds of radway green in .9 that I would get a sub MOA with ball ammo. When I got to 100 shooting off the concrete bench was not the best because I couldn't get behind the rifle like I can prone. It didn't help that it was 23 degrees out (clothing) and my Rock SOPMOD bi-pod was walking all over the concrete bench.

This rifle eats a lot of different ammo without any problems, no malfunctions. I can say it is much better already than my last AR10 experience.

Well I know better than to bitch about weather considering your in Michigan
wink.gif
All my shooting is done prone all year round on a padded waterproof shooting mat.

I use LC M118LR brass and Winchester, so far no extractor marks that I recall.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what velocities are you guys seeing with 175/178's? </div></div>

2495fps w/45.0 varget, 175smk @2600ft elevation

I will need to verify my log book at home for the temp and elevation but I think it was about 600 ft elevation and temp in the mid 50's. My avg FPS was 2560 if I recall correctly and that was an avg from 30 rounds. I dont recall the SD but it was less than factory M118LR and FGMM.

Loading was done on a Dillon 550 with Redding Comp dies.

I don't know if this has been posted yet but I just received my 2011 catalog from LMT and the MWS caliber offerings have been expanded from .243 and .260 to also include .338 Federal, 7mm-08 and 6.5 Creedmoor

Not 100% sure as I use my dads press when I go to visit and feel like turning out 500 rounds. I know hes got a spring kit, charging bar, micrometer adjustment, and screws that replaced the pins in the slide out assy that holds the dies and beyond that I have no clue.

I will say I have not noticed any significant difference between the progessive and single stage. Yes the single is more consistand but not enough to justify the time esp with a gas gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="font-weight: bold">I consider myself lucky and nothing more. I'm not bagging on the MWS as mine shoots very well but I dont think its the norm based on several PM's I received early on from other MWS owners, hence my earlier rant. I know they can do it I just havent been happy with some recent posts on what others are getting for accuracy. I have reccomended the MWS to a few friends and dont want to see them get anything less than what I have.
</span>

he point of if I had honestly a gun that shot .5" groups @ 100yds. with 10 holes making it up...I would be on cloud nine and not knocking my unbelievable awesome gun on the internet.
I have also shot really crappy surp ammo with decent results ranging from just under 2" for Port Surp, 1-1.5 for US Surp loose packed and delinked belt ammo. </div></div>

I wish I could get a read on the way you feel about the MWS....you say that your particular rifle is fantastic and accurate, yet you mentioned that you got one of the few golden tickets that actually works... knocking the MWS because of "non mentioned or disclosed QC issues reported by internet reply's on other MWS's is ridiculous, moreover its unfair to LMT and the 99.99% of satisfied MWS customers. Obviously by extension your knocking your own MWS that appears to be a fantastic performer for you which really begs the question why you bring up again like earlier in this thread a non specific LMT QC issue or issues when your first hand exp. is just the opposite. A perfect gun gets a bad rap because someone brewed up some bullshit and spun it to you or whomever and thereby this reduced the quality of the actual MWS how???

I guess I am just not wish washy or emotional and generally wake up feeling the same way about my boomsticks as I did when I went to sleep the previous night. If a gun is a great performer than I love it..game over. I could care less what the internet commando's say about it and it def. would not influence my opinion nor would it make me make claims of poor quality when I had no first hand evidence.

If LMT has some serious QC issues and you know about numerous failures on MWS's, by all means..please do share and show a little evidence.

The last guy and only guy to my knowledge who cryed about LMT QC issues or even an issue period w. the MWS was the infamous trigger pin epdemic dude who had a royal meltdown making a pointless video, changing his sig lines to show the world how wronged he had been by LMT. Ultimately it was not LMT's fault in the least nor did they have some huge QC problem that is making MWS's go tits up. Sad thing is that LMT being straight class dealt w. the guy very admirable after he went bonkers. I know in his case for fact and prob. this is true for your case....internet smack was dished way before a simple email or call to LMT was made.

Oh well, count on this dude w. two thumbs and a smile to buy up all the broken down and massively discounted MWS's with vast QC issues since you mentioned your in the rare air of having a working MWS and the majority then should be flawed and poor performers.

eta..Love to see those half inch groups using the 16" CL barrel as well...must be the internet type of groups...3rds. and declare a Win. Shooting 10 rd. sub half inch groups with a non match and high volume CL 16" .308 barrel is almost non believable, 5rd. groups are not likely either as I have yet to see one since the MWS has been out. This goes again to the point of if I honestly had a gun that shot .5" groups @ 100yds. with 10 holes making it up...I would be on cloud nine and not knocking my unbelievable awesome gun on the internet.

Well good morning
smile.gif

trident, upon reading your reply and rereading my post I conceed you make a good point that I wasnt clear as to what point I was trying to get across. No fond of how you went about it but whatever I have thick skin.

My remarks regarding QA can easily be taken the wrong way and my <span style="font-weight: bold">intent was/is not to bash LMT. I should have been more clear</span>, gouges in pic rails, roll pins not seated, bent buffer tube retaining pin, big burr on an extention lug, stripped/cross threaded cross bolt, stripped grip screw hole all of which on rifles sold NIB. These issues can be <span style="font-weight: bold">EASILY FIXED BY END USER</span> and things I consider normal for a low end AR but irritating on one in this price tier.

There were a few other issues which members here asked me about via PM which LMT resolved no questions asked. I didnt include those as it was via PM which means they saw no need to bash LMT via public forum. I did not intend to bash LMT either but as you pointed out my post can easily be taken that way. For whatever reason (probably because I was/am pleased with my rifle and had one fairly early on) others were sending me many PM's regarding questions about the MWS. I made the best effort to give them help and or opinion when asked. BTW none involved trigger pin holes.

So my remark while poorly conveyed was that some of these simple fixes should/could have been caught before shipping. For the price I dont feel thats unreasonable. I should not have used QA in such a broad context without specifics you are correct. I want to be able to reccomend this or any other product I think is of value with a warm fuzzy that the person will receive the same quality I did. Again I feel that these (minor) glitches are the result of meeting the demand all I'm saying is slow down a bit and give each rifle the proper final check before going into the brown box.

I dont get attached to rifles at all lol, buy one, shoot it, get bored, sell it get something different and repeat. I think this allows me to be a bit more objective than a person who gets attached to their rifles. As for "golden ticket" I never said I had one of the few that actually worked, you did. BTW .5" 5rnd not 10rnd groups.

Accuracy I have said here as well as on the other board you frequent has been exceptional and going back to the "golden ticket" I'm surprised more have not had the same experiance as me. I dont consider myself to be an exceptional shot in comparison to others but my interest has been precision rifles of the bolt varity for a while. I got the MWS because I thought it would be more of a challenge to shoot than a bolt. It shoots boringly well with the downside being you go through ammo much faster ($$$). To date two other expeianced shooters have had the same result with my rifle and two not so experianced (in precision rifles) shooters have held groups of 1" with piss poor form and mechanics without much difficulty YMMV.

Not going to edit the original post that spawned this but I will go back and clarify that the QA issues I'm refering to are not major in nature.

It warmed up to 25 today so I went to the range with the MWS. It took a few rounds for <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">me</span></span></span> to get warmed up but when I did the gun really shinned. The same load that shoots ~.5 MOA in all my bolts also shoots equally as well in the MWS. I shot 2 .55 4 shot groups and one 5 round group at .55!!! The reason for the four round groups is that the SOPMOD stock collapsed two times when I was shooting in the middle of a five string groups so I took those out of play. It happened on shots two in group 1 and four in the next group but the next rounds went where they were supposed to. One round completely collapsed the stock and I got scope bit. Needless to say I am stoked about the system. The best part is one load works equally well in 4 rifles.

So I think I will follow suit of many MWS shooters and swap the stock for something more suitable for precision work but has the collapsible functionality. I will also have to fire up the Dillon for some major bulk reloading. I am thinking this will be shot more than any other rifle I own. The MWS is compact, accurate, light weight for a 308 and you can change calibers, what’s not to love. I am going to get an SS barrel but not in the 16" length this one is accurate enough. Chrome lined barrels are accurate if done correctly, the MWS and the FN SPR are two good examples.

Nice review Re25, The MWS is next on my to get list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well good morning
smile.gif

trident, upon reading your reply and rereading my post I conceed you make a good point that I wasnt clear as to what point I was trying to get across. No fond of how you went about it but whatever I have thick skin.

My remarks regarding QA can easily be taken the wrong way and my <span style="font-weight: bold">intent was/is not to bash LMT. I should have been more clear</span>, gouges in pic rails, roll pins not seated, bent buffer tube retaining pin, big burr on an extention lug, stripped/cross threaded cross bolt, stripped grip screw hole all of which on rifles sold NIB. These issues can be <span style="font-weight: bold">EASILY FIXED BY END USER</span> and things I consider normal for a low end AR but irritating on one in this price tier.

There were a few other issues which members here asked me about via PM which LMT resolved no questions asked. I didnt include those as it was via PM which means they saw no need to bash LMT via public forum. I did not intend to bash LMT either but as you pointed out my post can easily be taken that way. For whatever reason (probably because I was/am pleased with my rifle and had one fairly early on) others were sending me many PM's regarding questions about the MWS. I made the best effort to give them help and or opinion when asked. BTW none involved trigger pin holes.

So my remark while poorly conveyed was that some of these simple fixes should/could have been caught before shipping. For the price I dont feel thats unreasonable. I should not have used QA in such a broad context without specifics you are correct. I want to be able to reccomend this or any other product I think is of value with a warm fuzzy that the person will receive the same quality I did. Again I feel that these (minor) glitches are the result of meeting the demand all I'm saying is slow down a bit and give each rifle the proper final check before going into the brown box.

I dont get attached to rifles at all lol, buy one, shoot it, get bored, sell it get something different and repeat. I think this allows me to be a bit more objective than a person who gets attached to their rifles. As for "golden ticket" I never said I had one of the few that actually worked, you did. BTW .5" 5rnd not 10rnd groups.

Accuracy I have said here as well as on the other board you frequent has been exceptional and going back to the "golden ticket" I'm surprised more have not had the same experiance as me. I dont consider myself to be an exceptional shot in comparison to others but my interest has been precision rifles of the bolt varity for a while. I got the MWS because I thought it would be more of a challenge to shoot than a bolt. It shoots boringly well with the downside being you go through ammo much faster ($$$). To date two other expeianced shooters have had the same result with my rifle and two not so experianced (in precision rifles) shooters have held groups of 1" with piss poor form and mechanics without much difficulty YMMV.

Not going to edit the original post that spawned this but I will go back and clarify that the QA issues I'm refering to are not major in nature.

</div></div>

I agree, these are awesome rifles but some of us have been seeing strange things with them.

When I first got the rifle, I was amazed at how awesome it was. I took the barrel off to inspect it and i saw several scratches in the bore that were visible to the naked eye. This freaked me out (as I told you via PM).

Also, while trying to replace my ergo grip with a MIAD, I noticed that the freaking pistol grip screw hole was visibly off center! I actually had to take material off of my MIAD at the opening of the MIAD screw hole in order for it to fit.

Luckily, my rifle shoots awesomely despite the visible scratches in the barrel. But there is just no excuse for scratches and that misaligned pistol grip screw hole in the receiver. Someone at LMT fucked up on my particular lower and there is NO way that they didnt know. I tried reinstalling the ergo and it was very hard to do without bending the grip in an unnatural way just to get it on.

I am madly in love with my LMT MWS, and I have been pushing it on people ever since I got mine, but theres no excuse for those kind of things at such a price range.

Jpach, what did LMT say when you told them about your off center pistol grip screw socket and the scratched up barrel?

I cannot believe that they would not at least take a look at your problems if not all together give you a RMA number and get those two areas swapped out.

Has anyone tried an Atlas V8 on their MWS? Are the leg extensions needed, or is the standard height adequate (i.e. mag clearance in uphill shooting)?

Here is a 100yd group I shot with Anchor's MWS. I must be one of the "not so experianced (in precision rifles) shooters have held groups of 1" with piss poor form and mechanics"....

83955f44.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrtoyz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a 100yd group I shot with Anchor's MWS. I must be one of the "not so experianced (in precision rifles) shooters have held groups of 1" with piss poor form and mechanics"....

83955f44.jpg
</div></div>

Pumped - We get our first MWS after 12 weeks of waiting!

Just bought a new MWSE. What kind of optics are people using with the best 308 semi around? Thinking about a Trijicon 308 Acog, probably 4x or 6x. Open to other options. What are YOU using!

Thanks. I agree that a variable would be the way to go, as it was designed as a multiple-purpose rifle. I have not seen very many with an ACOG, but A NF would be a great addition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TigOlBitteez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just bought a new MWSE. What kind of optics are people using with the best 308 semi around? Thinking about a Trijicon 308 Acog, probably 4x or 6x. Open to other options. What are YOU using!</div></div>

Go NF 1-4. Trijis are nice but a variable is the way to go.

And speaking of LMT problems. Here is my rifles FTJ issue finally caught on video. About one in 50 will fail to eject. Its a random occurrence so it has been hard to catch on video. I think that my front gas block is leaking and the rifle has lots of black soot under the front rails and on the front of the barrel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2dILEfaiAU

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well good morning
smile.gif

</div></div>

Thanks for posting, I have a couple of questions what are your hand loads, and do you full length resize, what brand are your dies? The video looks like a failure to chamber the bolt is not into battery. I had this happen one time the other day with some very old reloads that I neck sized only for my M1A Supermatch that has an oversized chamber. Once I went back to Federal GMM never happened again. You might also check your dies they may be adjusted short for that gun creating a slight bulge in the brass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AresSBR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TigOlBitteez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just bought a new MWSE. What kind of optics are people using with the best 308 semi around? Thinking about a Trijicon 308 Acog, probably 4x or 6x. Open to other options. What are YOU using!</div></div>

Go NF 1-4. Trijis are nice but a variable is the way to go.</div></div>
The MWS-E I designated for 0-300yd sports a TR24. Headshot POA at 300 yards is a COM POI. I don't lose much, if anything, in close and the extra recoil of the larger round is more of an issue than the optic (relative to a red dot) when it comes to fast follow-up shots.

Wait til after SHOT SHOW to see all of the new optics that are coming out

What you cant see from the low res video is that the brass basically bounces around in the ejection port. The bcg goes back, the brass does NOT eject completely, the brass turns sideways with the front facing out, the bcg tries to close and feed another round, the new round and spent brass collide in above the magazine and make a mess and totally jam the rifle up. You have to pop the mag down, rack the bcg and push the bcg stop from the bottom to hold the bcg open, then unwedge the brass and live round. If it were combat I would be phucked as it takes a good minute to clear and be gtg again.

The brass has no force when ejecting it just lies next to the gun and doesn't fly 10 feet away like my ar-15.

It will ftj on new ammo and reloads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Re25</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for posting, I have a couple of questions what are your hand loads, and do you full length resize, what brand are your dies? The video looks like a failure to chamber the bolt is not into battery. I had this happen one time the other day with some very old reloads that I neck sized only for my M1A Supermatch that has an oversized chamber. Once I went back to Federal GMM never happened again. You might also check your dies they may be adjusted short for that gun creating a slight bulge in the brass. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What you cant see from the low res video is that the brass basically bounces around in the ejection port. The bcg goes back, the brass does NOT eject completely, the brass turns sideways with the front facing out, the bcg tries to close and feed another round, the new round and spent brass collide in above the magazine and make a mess and totally jam the rifle up. You have to pop the mag down, rack the bcg and push the bcg stop from the bottom to hold the bcg open, then unwedge the brass and live round. If it were combat I would be phucked as it takes a good minute to clear and be gtg again.

The brass has no force when ejecting it just lies next to the gun and doesn't fly 10 feet away like my ar-15.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Re25</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for posting, I have a couple of questions what are your hand loads, and do you full length resize, what brand are your dies? The video looks like a failure to chamber the bolt is not into battery. I had this happen one time the other day with some very old reloads that I neck sized only for my M1A Supermatch that has an oversized chamber. Once I went back to Federal GMM never happened again. You might also check your dies they may be adjusted short for that gun creating a slight bulge in the brass. </div></div> </div></div>

What did LMT say about this?

What type of ejecter do you have? I have seen pictures of two different types. Mine is the D shaped with the little angled camfer toward the port. When I first saw it I thought it sheered off. Also my ejector has a really heavy spring In it you cant push it in with your finger. have you dissasembled the bolt to see if the spring is broke?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MidwestPX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know if this has been posted yet but I just received my 2011 catalog from LMT and the MWS caliber offerings have been expanded from .243 and .260 to also include .338 Federal, 7mm-08 and 6.5 Creedmoor </div></div>

They've added a digital copy of the catalog to their website.

http://www.lewismachine.net/media/2011_LMT_Catalog.pdf

I am curious how difficult it is to get a barrel in a different caliber. I don't think I've seen a MWS in say .260 Rem yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: angelballer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MidwestPX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know if this has been posted yet but I just received my 2011 catalog from LMT and the MWS caliber offerings have been expanded from .243 and .260 to also include .338 Federal, 7mm-08 and 6.5 Creedmoor </div></div>

They've added a digital copy of the catalog to their website.

http://www.lewismachine.net/media/2011_LMT_Catalog.pdf

I am curious how difficult it is to get a barrel in a different caliber. I don't think I've seen a MWS in say .260 Rem yet.</div></div>

The barrels aren't available yet.

Got any idea on a rough timeframe? Now that DBMG is doing conversions it isn't that big of a deal but I am still curious.

I had DBMG do a Noveske 21" fluted barrel for my MWS. It worked perfect, I have already shot it at 1K. Fit was perfect into the MRP system. I couldnt be happier with the setup.

TX556DE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TX556DE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had DBMG do a Noveske 21" fluted barrel for my MWS. It worked perfect, I have already shot it at 1K. Fit was perfect into the MRP system. I couldnt be happier with the setup.

TX556DE </div></div>

Would love to see some pics. Did you leave it stainless, or blacken it somehow?

Check out what finally showed up today. Ordered thanksgiving night.

20" SS barrel from LMT

100_1894.jpg

Reactions: aku

anyone swap out the a2 flash hider for something more effective? if so what did you get or what would you suggest for a good flash suppressor or muzzle break? more interested in a good break but would sacrifice to have both in one package. thanks

I have a Smith Vortex FH that I was going to use. I have had so many different FH on different guns that the A2 is kinda refreshing and different, I really like it. What I like is the way it keeps the length down and it is simple and doesnt ring every shot or bump.

If you notice in the LMT ads they call it a compensator. Im not sure if that is the intention for the A2 though. Personally the LMT shoots with much less recoil and jumps around less than my M1A supermatch does and its mounted in a M2A McMillan pistol grip stock and and wear's a Smith direct connect Vortex that gun weighs about 16 pounds with the optics and BP.

The Vortex will add about 3/4 inch. As far as being effective FH I have not had it out with the NVD. My bet is that the Vortex is much more efficient at controlling flash. For now I am content with the A2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1ajunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out what finally showed up today. Ordered thanksgiving night.

20" SS barrel from LMT

100_1894.jpg
</div></div>

A 20" range report is very much needed!

Nice rifle!!

Mike

Reactions: aku