• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lmt cqb16

Painless300

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2013
Rome, GA
I have chance to grab a LMT CQB MRP defender in 5.56 never fired for $1400. A buddy ordered it over a year ago and it just came in, he has moved on to something else and is just wanting to unload it.

is this a good deal?

I have an LMT MWS 308 and it's been a reliable tack driver but have never been behind the 5.56. Anyone have any experience with one of these?

The price is good. I recently purchased a MRP for the full length rail but it definitely felt front heavy compared to the CQB. Installed a UBR to balance it out and much better now.

As far as functionality, ran about 300 rounds through it and no issues at all except for it being over gassed. Will need to replace the carbine buffer with a H2.

That's a great price, and LMT is top notch. I think you'll be happy, and I'm sure if you decide to sell, you will get your money back.

Paid $1800 for mine. Happy with it. Sounds like you got a better deal on your hands.

Thanks guys for the info, it felt like a good deal. Another question, any upgrades you guys think are worth it?

Thanks guys for the info, it felt like a good deal. Another question, any upgrades you guys think are worth it?

A good optic, depending on your particular needs. The BUIS is good and strong, but bulky. I would change these to flip-up if using a scope. I like the SOPMOD stock. I like the Ergo Grip. A bipod can be helpful if you are doing a lot of bench or prone shooting.

Im not a fan of the stock sights, I put troy BUIS on my MRP 308 because I found a deal on them, I have an Atlas Bipod I can swap between them, any BUIS you recommend?

Im not a fan of the stock sights, I put troy BUIS on my MRP 308 because I found a deal on them, I have an Atlas Bipod I can swap between them, any BUIS you recommend?

Depends. I like flatter BUISs. If money wasn't an option, I'd go with a set of KAC--folding front sight (but it's close to $200 just for that), and a KAC 300m in back. The 300 is simple and functional, and low profile enough for my tastes. The 200-600 in the back is also nice. Trouble is, anything KAC comes at a premium ($$$$$). Troy are quality but a tad bulky/heavey, but you still really can't go wrong with them. They are good stuff. On a budget, I'd get a Matec rear sight, as you can get them new for around $40.

Since I saved money on this buy I can justify some extra spending on the sights. Thanks for the info, Ill take a look at the KAC's.

I have an MWS and CQB. The CQB is everything the MWS is not, light, fast pointing, and agile. I use athletic terms because the MWS is just such a big lumbering beast that picking up the CQB is like dropping the weighted on deck bat and picking up your working bat.

Avoid the urge to add so much stuff on it that you take away from that lightness. I have a set of top rail KAC 200-600 on mine. There is a USO 1-8X on order with an ADM mount standing by for its delivery. The KACs are great and they come up in the gear for sale section quite often. I've bought a few sets BNIB for $225-$250.

I have a set of KAC 45 offset BUIS on my MWS and they are pretty fun to mess with. I have a second set that I will probably put on my CQB when the scope comes. Once the scope is on Ill never use the QD feature, save for maintenance, and I think I will play with the ability to roll the rifle over and use the KAC offsets to knock steel or some target innapropriate for the scope setting.

I currently have the bipod from my MWS mounted on the CQB to do some load testing but I dislike the weight. This rifle is fun for shooting from what you have available. Less is better. I bought a light for it but its never attached only available if I ever need one.

Choose what you want for Buis but what you do need to buy is

1. Extra barrel bolts from LMT at $10 a piece. Keep a few as spares.
2. A good tourque wrench as the one supplied has been known to snap item number one.

I have an MWS and CQB. The CQB is everything the MWS is not, light, fast pointing, and agile. I use athletic terms because the MWS is just such a big lumbering beast that picking up the CQB is like dropping the weighted on deck bat and picking up your working bat.

Avoid the urge to add so much stuff on it that you take away from that lightness. I have a set of top rail KAC 200-600 on mine. There is a USO 1-8X on order with an ADM mount standing by for its delivery. The KACs are great and they come up in the gear for sale section quite often. I've bought a few sets BNIB for $225-$250.

I have a set of KAC 45 offset BUIS on my MWS and they are pretty fun to mess with. I have a second set that I will probably put on my CQB when the scope comes. Once the scope is on Ill never use the QD feature, save for maintenance, and I think I will play with the ability to roll the rifle over and use the KAC offsets to knock steel or some target innapropriate for the scope setting.

I currently have the bipod from my MWS mounted on the CQB to do some load testing but I dislike the weight. This rifle is fun for shooting from what you have available. Less is better. I bought a light for it but its never attached only available if I ever need one.

Choose what you want for Buis but what you do need to buy is

1. Extra barrel bolts from LMT at $10 a piece. Keep a few as spares.
2. A good tourque wrench as the one supplied has been known to snap item number one.

Just picked up the rifle today, I would love to know how you like the USO when you get mounted. I am still trying to decide what to use on mine. I have a SS 3-15 on my MWS 308 which is ok for the money but its way to much on a 556. Your right its light as a feather compared to his older brother and I would like to keep it that way.
What trigger are you running on your MWS?

Just picked up the rifle today, I would love to know how you like the USO when you get mounted. I am still trying to decide what to use on mine. I have a SS 3-15 on my MWS 308 which is ok for the money but its way to much on a 556. Your right its light as a feather compared to his older brother and I would like to keep it that way.
What trigger are you running on your MWS?

Wait, wait, waiting on the USO. I'd love to be able to tell you about it.

I put an Giessele SDE in my MWS and replaced the single stage in the CQB with the MWS trigger. The stock CQB trigger blows in my opinion. The MWS trigger ain't bad.

Got notice from LMT yesterday bolts are back in stock.