• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes LMT MWS Optics Selection (2020)

Pugster

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2008
Hi All,

I have a LMT MWS that I need to add a scope. I would like the scope to meet the specs below:
  • Platform: LMT MWS .308 with 16” barrel
  • Shooting Types: 90% Target+Steel, 10% PRS
  • Shooting Conditions: Daylight, Lowlight
  • Shooting Distances: 0-500 Yards
  • Reticle: Daylight bright illuminated reticle, Open to either MOA/MIL, Floating Center reticle
  • Focal Plane: FFP
  • Tube: Prefer 30mm. Okay with 34mm
  • Budget: ~$1000
After some research, I am left with the following picks:
  • #1: Meopta Optika6 3-18x56FFP (MRAD1)
  • #2: Brownell MPO 3-18x50
  • #3: Bushnell LRTS 4.5 – 18x44
  • #4: Steiner P4xi 4-16x56
  • #5: Vortex PST G2 3-15x44 (EBR-7C)
I am having a hard time picking out a good choice. Since this is a difficult decision for me, I would like to defer to others that have more optical experience and knowledge.

Please feel free to comment on the existing choices or to recommend others that I haven’t considered yet. I thank everyone in advance for your advice and feedback.

Reactions: Redfisher60
With the deal for the Steiner@cameralandny/grateful doug my choice would be the Steiner as long as the reticle fits your needs!

Reactions: Pugster
With the deal for the Steiner@cameralandny/grateful doug my choice would be the Steiner as long as the reticle fits your needs!
Is there a special deal going on with these other than what the website lists? I’m also looking for a scope and my needs are all the same.

I would look hard at the Bushnell. Better glass, Better Reticle Better tracking and made in JAPAN by LOW. I have 3 of these mounted on various rifles and they cannot be beat for the money (6.5G, 300WM, 5.56)

Reactions: Pugster
Does Steiner make that scope in a NON illuminated???