• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

LMT vs OBR vs POF/GAP-10

usmarinejim

Private
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2011
PA
I'm in the market for a semi auto precision rifle. July of 12 I picked up my .260 bolt gun, surgeon action from Tom Sarver (Thunder Valley Precision) which is an awesome beast. But with all the madness going on right now, I need to buy and possible trade to a semi auto. And was wondering what everyone's thoughts were between these rifles.

Re: LMT vs OBR vs POF/GAP-10

Good luck bro. Prepare your anus for the pounding its going to take to get a .308 gas gun.

I've always been a bolt gun guy. So my experience is very limited on the gas gun. Forgive me.
I've noticed the "anus" pounding in my pocket book thus far just by looking on gun broker. Lucky for me it's just the tip so far...

Mike... thanks for the link.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRRPF52</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would never put POF next to GAP-10.

GAP-10
OBR
LMT </div></div>

Then maybe you should try reading threads and using google yourself. If someone wants a piston alternative to the GAP-10 it's a great platform and has been tested with excellent results.

Add: Here let me help you...

https://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2873134

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3573433

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmarinejim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in the market for a semi auto precision rifle. July of 12 I picked up my .260 bolt gun, surgeon action from Tom Sarver (Thunder Valley Precision) which is an awesome beast. But with all the madness going on right now, I need to buy and possible trade to a semi auto. And was wondering what everyone's thoughts were between these rifles. </div></div>

Why do you need to trade for a semi-auto? If you have a fine shooting 260 bolt gun I think you might be sorry later if you traded it. Don't let the "madness" dictate your "needs". BTW if you must, go with the GAP.....

It's not as easy finding the time with a new born screaming as you may think there my man...
Thanks for being so polite...

It's not so much the madness dictating my needs. I've been considering it for a little while now. I've always been into bolt guns; now I'm considering the semi-auto option. This madness just happens to fall right in the middle of my thoughts, which is a pain in the butt.

Back in July 12. I was thinking of going the semi auto route and looking into it. I ultimately decided to stick with what I know and went with the bolt.

I recently purchased a POF. Shoots great. The MRR rail screws loosened up on me and it started shooting sporadic. I re-torqued them with blue loctite and all is back in harmony. I had my reservations at first, but now I have no regrets. I will probably still purchase a GAP-10 in the future, because two is better than 1

Touche 308shooter. With your POF, what kind of groups do you get out of it?

If I was you I would stick to either Gap-10 or JP Enterprise LRP-07. Bar none these are the top 2 Semi-Auto on the market. Larue comes in 3rd.

usmarinejim: To answer your question LaRue OBR all the way I have a 7.62 OBR /Niteforce 3.5/15. I can't tell you how much I love this gun.I have shot 5/8'' moa @ 100yrds, I am so happy with it that I just ordered a 5.56 OBR.You will not be disappointed.

I have the GAP-10 and it is a great rifle. Accuracy is great and so is reliability. I do like the idea of the LMT with the easy change barrel design. It would be cool to switch out a .308 to a 6.5 cm just by loosening two screws and swapping barrels.

Paper= OBR.

Money is tight= LMT

you've got time + money= Gap 10

P Diddy = SR-25

Any questions ?

Call me for personalized instruction.

Quick question:

How many people have bought additional barrels for their LMT MWS?

See what I mean?

Don't need them.

CL LMT's are < 1" @ 100 yds.

Woof.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good luck bro. Prepare your anus for the pounding its going to take to get a .308 gas gun. </div></div>

Truth.

Poison doesn't play.

Prepare anus.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmarinejim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Touche 308shooter. With your POF, what kind of groups do you get out of it?</div></div>

I havent had time to do a true 5 group 5 shot test because of the weather, but I shot this when I was setting up my new AAD-Mount.

My thoughts. Keep the bolt gun. They're still my "go to fun gun", when I go to the range! Don't get "caught up" with the panic, now. Wait till it calms down. Bolts out shoot gas guns. Simple.If you have to: go with a GAP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jevan126</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I was you I would stick to either Gap-10 or JP Enterprise LRP-07. Bar none these are the top 2 Semi-Auto on the market. Larue comes in 3rd. </div></div>

Explain please.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rgrmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jevan126</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I was you I would stick to either Gap-10 or JP Enterprise LRP-07. Bar none these are the top 2 Semi-Auto on the market. Larue comes in 3rd. </div></div>

Explain please..... </div></div>

Let's start the same argument over again... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over...

Or we could just leave it at they're all great firearms and it really comes down to personal preference and what you're looking at as far as chassis style, options, and calibers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quick question:

How many people have bought additional barrels for their LMT MWS?

See what I mean?

Don't need them.

CL LMT's are < 1" @ 100 yds.

Woof. </div></div>

Why would I give a shit how many people have bought an extra barrel? It's what I want, not what everyone else is doing. I am about to order a .308 upper from GAP. See what I mean? I am trying to give him some actual useful information.

Question, why does OBR=paper? I guess you should tell the guy that won the international sniper competition that he was using the wrong gun.

What I am getting at is there is no wrong answer. It just depends on what you are looking for.

I'm sorry I seem to have opened a Pandora's box when it comes to talking about these 3 types of weapons. If anyone noticed... I'm not on here a lot judging by my "rank/posts".
Just trying to educate myself on a decision with limited time. Thanks for all who share. I spoke with GA precision yesterday and will be going with a Gap.
Regardless of communist laws... You're not getting my guns!

Hopefully we can all rally behind the above statement...!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Question, why does OBR=paper? I guess you should tell the guy that won the international sniper competition that he was using the wrong gun.

What I am getting at is there is no wrong answer. It just depends on what you are looking for.</div></div>

Before Larue even considered a rifle like the OBR a soldier shooting a GAP AR10 won the same competition, only back in 2005 I think it was. George has been doing AR10s right long before the competition.

Don't underestimate the POF either, tack drivers, I have several and they're lasers.

I was leaning a little more toward the OBR. But the "anus" pounding as someone eloquently put it was a little too much with the market right now. I have seen them advertised to sell for 10K right now. (You're out of your mind!) I can do a 4-5 month wait on a build from GA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rgrmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jevan126</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I was you I would stick to either Gap-10 or JP Enterprise LRP-07. Bar none these are the top 2 Semi-Auto on the market. Larue comes in 3rd. </div></div>

Explain please..... </div></div>

Let's start the same argument over again... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over...

Or we could just leave it at they're all great firearms and it really comes down to personal preference and what you're looking at as far as chassis style, options, and calibers. </div></div>

I agree 100%

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmarinejim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was leaning a little more toward the OBR. But the "anus" pounding as someone eloquently put it was a little too much with the market right now. I have seen them advertised to sell for 10K right now. (You're out of your mind!) I can do a 4-5 month wait on a build from GA. </div></div>

A build from LaRue will likely take you 9-12 months based on actual times described by purchasers during the last year. I told my buddy who ordered one in 5.56 to buy another rifle for the wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What I am getting at is there is no wrong answer. It just depends on what you are looking for.</div></div>

Before Larue even considered a rifle like the OBR a soldier shooting a GAP AR10 won the same competition, only back in 2005 I think it was. George has been doing AR10s right long before the competition.

Don't underestimate the POF either, tack drivers, I have several and they're lasers.
</div></div>

I know. I don't even own the OBR, but I know what they are capable of. I just got a little irritated by the bullshit that guy was spewing. I own a POF & a GAP10. They are both very capable rifles. The GAP is the most accurate out of the two, but the POF is not far behind.

i had two predatOBRs on order and after talking with larue and realizing that i literally might never see them and after hearing how mark ended all dealer pricing even for guys that have been with him since the beginning i chose to go the route of the GAP-10...i think i'll be very happy with the decision

Also wanted to mention that Hogan Guns (who manufactured the pof's if i heard correctly) are now making rifles, they are exactly the same as the pof (can't tell the difference looking at them), without the roller ball. they use the same rock 11.25 bbls, handguards, billet lowers/uppers, etc and they told me that they are guaranteed sub moa rifles. Of significant interest though is that as of SHOT day 2 they were only had a 6 week lead time on new rifles and will sell direct to FFL 1 rifle at a time. So if you're leaning POF you may want to give them some serious consideration

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I know. I don't even own the OBR, but I know what they are capable of. I just got a little irritated by the bullshit that guy was spewing. I own a POF & a GAP10. They are both very capable rifles. The GAP is the most accurate out of the two, but the POF is not far behind. </div></div>

Yeah, it was funny he went into capability of the GAP when you mention that nobody should consider and OBR a paper-only gun. It was an irrelevant response to your post.

Go with a GAP-10 for better price and good quality and just as good if not better accuracy.