• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

load data for mk12 mod1?

averageshooter

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2006
Helena MT
Hey guys I am having Centurion Arms build me a mk12 mod 1 upper. I was wondering what you guys recommend for starting to build loads. Looking for a load for 600 or so. Figure I will probably just get winchester brass but would like a combination to start working off. Does anyone have the actual load data and/or nomenclature for the current round being used? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Figure I got some time before Monty gets to my upper to get things in order on my end. I want to have some ammo ready to go when it gets here.

Thanks again.

Matt

Re: load data for mk12 mod1?

Varget, RL-15, or tac do well with the 77 SMK's which is the bullet I'd use.
I believe the military uses a sierra 77 matchking with a cannelure but I'd go without as crimping can affect accuracy.
They say they get 2800 ft/sec in a 20" barrel.
That is hard to achieve while keeping pressure from becoming excessive.
My load is:
24.0 RL-15
77 SMK (moly)
Rem 7 1/2

1:8 twist or faster barrel.

I hope that this helps.
Winchester brass

Re: load data for mk12 mod1?

Thanks for the info there. I am gonna look at work this weekend and see what powder we have in stock....... usually none so we shall see.

Matt