• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

load help for 257 Weatherby mag

I use 7828 also. I load 115 grain Nosler Partitions at 3450. Excellent load, fast and accurate. You can get 3600 with 100 grainers. Don't shot too fast, let your barrel cool down between shots. You will love it!

I load for a few friends in 257Weatherby, it does serious damage to the animals I've seen take a hit. I will look up the load data.

Do you have a specific bullet in mind?

What is the intended use?

I was looking and the nosler bt in 115 gr but if anyone has a better bullet that the guns like I'm all ears

h29zo67.jpg

I have had two 257 weatherbys both shot around .75moa for three shots (any more and its so hot it will start to throw them). All i can say is my best luck came from the 110-115gr bullets and staying at book OAL. Never had good luck with the light bullets or trying to stick them out farther towards the lands. RL22/25 or IMR 7828 works best.

I had my best luck with rl22 pushing 110 accubond. I think it was right about 67.2 grains but don't quote me. Velocity was around 3450 with 26" barrel

So far I found some 4350 and 115 gr nosler bt been working on that had best luck so far with 59.5 gr it's above max from the nosler book only issue I've been having is keeping my barrel cool but man this is a fun gun to shoot I'm gonna try and track down 7828 and rl 22 and work one up for that