• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Loading 7mm-08

JDBraddy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2011
San Antonio, TX.
I took a Rem-700 varmint in 7mm-08 Remington as part of a trade deal, had a set of RCBS FL dies already, took it to the range, put a couple boxes of remington factory ammo through it, just to funtion test it, and fireform the brass. I adjusted the torque on the action screws, and the old-style Remington trigger. Basicly I got it to shoot an inch to an inch and a half with factory ammo. I'm sure it could do better with the right loads. Was hoping those here who shoot 7mm-08 could save me a lot of time and experimentation, by sharing their loads and data. Any info would be appreciated.

My old 7mm-08 load, approach from below, please.

162 Grain Hornady A-Max
WW 7mm-08 Brass
46.6 Grains H-4350
Fed 210M Primer
2.920" COAL in an older Seekins DBM -- Action was notched to allow longer feed
2726 FPS avg. from a 26" Rem Factory Barrel, Rem 700 SA

Last edited:
39.5grs Varget under 150 Nosler BTs,
39grs RE15 under 150MKs, both will shoot in the 4s at 100yds.(5 shots)

39.5grs Varget under 150 Nosler BTs,
39grs RE15 under 150MKs, both will shoot in the 4s at 100yds.(5 shots)

Fed-Ex brought my components today, Decided to try your recipe, I necked down some Remington .308 brass, turned the necks to 0.014" loaded about 50rnds of 150gr SMK's on top of 39gr of Varget, Federal primer, 2.85 OAL, and went to the range. Went to the 50yd line first, just to get on paper. Moved to the 100yd line, groups where clover leafs. Moved to the 200yd line, and groups where averaging 1.25-1.5 inches. The smallest 5 shot group at 200yd measured 7/8". I'm happy! Thanks!

If you're going to use it for deer hunting I suggest 44 grains of R15 with the 120 TSX or NBT.

I'm almost 50 years old, and have never been deer hunting, but would like to go someday. I'll probably just use it from the bench at the range, or perhapse metallic silhouette. We have a silhouette club locally, but I work weekends so it's hard to make it to matches.

Last edited: