• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Loading for 270...

boisepaw

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2020
Queenstown, MD
I got a steal on an Interarms Mark X in 270 Winchester with a Zeiss Diavari scope ($300 for the rifle and scope) and I want to play around with it a little bit. I want to be able to load for shooting steel and silhouettes out to 500-700 yards or more. I have some Nosler Ballistic Tips in 140 grain and some Hornady SST's in both 130 gr. and 140 gr. Any suggestions for powders I should looke at and some idea of what weight charge I might want to try? And if you have other ideas about good combos of bullets and powder for the 270...I'd love to hear about them.

Mine is nosler brass with a Sierra 140 gameking and h4831 powder. 54-58 gr should be fine but work up.

Last edited:
How long is your barrel. I had to move from H4831 to faster H4350 on a 22” barrel because I couldn’t break 3000fps.