• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Loads falling apart at distance.

I had issues at 2800 with them.
I've been running between 2800 and 2900 with the 147g ELD's in my RPR using Superformance for quite a while. My loads are still below the max load by .4g and are SAAMI length also and show no pressure signs and consistently shoot low .5 MOA's at 800 and 1000 yards. I haven't seen any evidence of bullets disintegrating either. Did the OP ever mention what gun he is shooting?

38C94699-DB30-4713-A7B0-9CCECB188EDE.jpeg

I'd check

Scope

Paralax

The actual twist rate

ES/SD numbers - just because they were low for three shots after you erased the two bad ones doesn't mean they are gtg

3,000 fps in a 6.5 Creedmoor is some bullshit and so is Quickload - I'd start over, kiss lands, work up to pressure and back off to a flat spot on the chrony and I'd do it with Alpha or Lapua not Hornady brass.

High muzzle velocity is a pressure sign.
That's common sense. I'm meaning tight bolt lift or stuck brass on ejection. Its purposely handloaded for higher velocity within the recommended load data.

Last edited: