• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Local Georgia shooters

I'd love to go to blakely but my work schedule never lines up with their range days. And my 9mpg Jeep doesn't like leaving town.
What kind of Jeep are you running? I had an 06 LJ with the 4.0 and 6 speed. Sold it when the baby came for a mommy mobile. On the hunt for another Just like it but with the Rubicon package. Hope to have it before year end. Surprisingly it got 19 MPGs. Of course it only had 31s.

Hey I’m in Smyrna Marietta georgia area looking for local people that could link up and shoot with. Also seeing if people have any local places to do some shooting?

Rexx, I'm up near Clarkesville. It would be a bit of a drive for you but I do all of my shooting at Elbert County Gun Club. They have a pretty good rifle range out to 400. Steel is only allowed out at 400 tho. Its a good range for load testing and punching holes. They have F class matches just about every weekend. Other than that they have some really nice shotgun and pistol ranges. I've been trying to find a place to get out past 400 and haven't had any luck. I haven't given gunsite hills a try yet though.

Rexx, I'm up near Clarkesville. It would be a bit of a drive for you but I do all of my shooting at Elbert County Gun Club. They have a pretty good rifle range out to 400. Steel is only allowed out at 400 tho. Its a good range for load testing and punching holes. They have F class matches just about every weekend. Other than that they have some really nice shotgun and pistol ranges. I've been trying to find a place to get out past 400 and haven't had any luck. I haven't given gunsite hills a try yet though.
My name is Shaun and though not local to the Atlanta area I am in Albany, Georgia and we have 2 place near by. 1 is a wma area with a 200yrd rifle range and a 25yrd pistol range the other is a 400yrd rifle range and multiple target configuration for rifle pistol and shotgun.

I live just south of Atlanta and work in Forsyth County. I take my rifle out to Strong Point in Waverly Hall.
I'm in Albany Ga and we have 2 ranges to go to 1 is a wma range so as long as you have a hunting and or fishing license your good to go. Then we have on bout 45min the other direction that is a membership range but goes out to 400yrds.

Reactions: GA_medic
I am in Gwinnett County. I haven't been shooting much lately due to wrist problems making reloading difficult but I heard that Talladega is getting an unknown distance steel range next to the 600 yard electronic target range. Long drive but fantastic facility.

Reactions: ANGLICOMarine
Has anyone shot the hunting rifle match at Riverbend when they do it at the steel silhouette range? Is it like a mini prs match? Worth going to?

Has anyone shot the hunting rifle match at Riverbend when they do it at the steel silhouette range? Is it like a mini prs match? Worth going to?

Not a mini PRS match by any stretch of the imagination. It’s more of an open range day with 3 sections firing at 3 distances. You can choose to be at 2-300m, the intermediate area (350-400?) and 500 meters. It’s good for getting your dope and getting some practice in, but it’s not a match. The SL days are more fun than when on high power since you’re not pulling targets.

Now I need to look at the calendar, I’d like to go to the next one. Haven’t been in over 6 months.

Thanks, are they usually only prone and bench or is there some barricade stuff too? Shows next month it's at the sl range. I'm a member there so I may be better off just practicing on my own.

Was told about strongpoint when I bought my new rifle from shooters in Columbus. Me being from Albany we have a very nice range in baconton but it's a membership range which is the only reason I haven't shot it yet. I do have a mwa range I've been shooting at not to far but it only goes to 200yrd for rifle.
does shooters have a good rifle selection ? Cerntly not much in Albany . I'm over in Calhoun county
certainly
certainly

I’m up north in Cumming. Looking to meet up with other shooters and hoping to find some more places for long range / positional practice. Anyone live up north?

I’m up north in Cumming. Looking to meet up with other shooters and hoping to find some more places for long range / positional practice. Anyone live up north?
You are pretty close to River Bend Gun club but they are membership, competitions are open to the public though. I have been there once for an F Class competition.

Creekside side is probably closest to you, they have gone to members only but it's reasonable. I shot a match there a couple weeks ago. You can do positional shooting there. I also belong to Strategic Edge in Tennessee it is a 3 hour drive, I'm in Woodstock I get up there every other month they go out to 1200 yards plus carbine and pistol bays, including a 360 degree pistol bay

Is anyone in the West GA area? Looking for some places and people to shoot with. I'm in Carrollton GA. Thanks

Anybody in the Savannah area?

I’m not too far out. I have recently moved to the Baxley, GA area. I met a guy at my new position with the railroad and he has access to a mile. Hope to link up with him soon. Trying to get my reloading set back up and get ready to do some shooting. Need to find more locations though.

I’m not too far out. I have recently moved to the Baxley, GA area. I met a guy at my new position with the railroad and he has access to a mile. Hope to link up with him soon. Trying to get my reloading set back up and get ready to do some shooting. Need to find more locations though.
SE GA is pretty dead unless you're in a private club or know someone with alot of land

I’m +2 years new to GA, Brookhaven area. I’m just stepping into LR. Thinking about taking a class. Been looking at K&M this spring. It’s a 5 1/2 hours away but looks fantastic. How’s the community in the area? Anyone else looking at taking a class this spring / summer? If so, where have you been looking?

Is it difficult to get on post with a gun? I am in Monroe and Augusta is about 2.5 hrs.

You have to fill out paperwork and have a background check done. You have to do this yearly as the pass is only good for a year. You have to do this in person so you would have to drive to the base twice, once to file the paperwork and again to pick it up before you can bring your firearm on base.

You have to fill out paperwork and have a background check done. You have to do this yearly as the pass is only good for a year. You have to do this in person so you would have to drive to the base twice, once to file the paperwork and again to pick it up before you can bring your firearm on base.
After you get your yearly pass can you go anytime you wish? And thanks for the information.

After you get your yearly pass can you go anytime you wish? And thanks for the information.

I want to say there were a few days and some special events when civilians couldn't use the range. It has been a few years since I shot out there so my memory is a little fuzzy. Give the Tactical Advantage Sportsman's Complex a call and they can fill you in on the details.

Reactions: DubfromGA
Hey guys once y’all get ready for some real fun head on down to Arena Training facilit. We shoot out to 2300 yards. Target hit indicators on steel target. Air conditioning in one of the shooting stations. Check out the website Arena Training facility
Where is this? I'm East of Atlanta in Monroe.

im out in augusta for the next year if anyone can recommend anywhere to shoot hopefully further than 100yds

im out in augusta for the next year if anyone can recommend anywhere to shoot hopefully further than 100yds
You can shoot on ft gordon out to 1010 yards. Just gotta register weapons on post and follow the rules. Theres also 100 yard ranges around the area you can find on google.

Creekside firing range is ok but the owner has been transitioning to a family fun area and I've heard some complaints. Theres a match in march if you wanna have a decent time.

Rifle ranch is about 2-3 hours away and it goes out to 900 yards. Extremely fun matches there.

Gunsite hills stretches to 800 but the old man is a little out there. He kept bothering me and trying to teach me, but he finally left for me to have a decent time.

You can shoot on ft gordon out to 1010 yards. Just gotta register weapons on post and follow the rules. Theres also 100 yard ranges around the area you can find on google.

Creekside firing range is ok but the owner has been transitioning to a family fun area and I've heard some complaints. Theres a match in march if you wanna have a decent time.

Rifle ranch is about 2-3 hours away and it goes out to 900 yards. Extremely fun matches there.

Gunsite hills stretches to 800 but the old man is a little out there. He kept bothering me and trying to teach me, but he finally left for me to have a decent time.
I've shot at Gun Site Hills, I know about Ft. Gordon but where is Rifle Ranch?

Rifle ranch is in Graham Alabama. Look it up on facebook, its been growing slowly and the last match had about 35 shooters. It's low stress, RO's will call your shots, and you get 2 minutes to complete a stage.

Panteao in Swansea SC has 800 yards. They are about 45mins from Augusta off I20. Clinton House in Laurens, SC has 1000 and a few hours away. The Range at Camp David in Edgefield, SC has 1000 and is about 45mins from Augusta. Camp David is private so you must contact them ahead of time about use of the range. They have been hosting some local matches lately.

Rifle ranch is in Graham Alabama. Look it up on facebook, its been growing slowly and the last match had about 35 shooters. It's low stress, RO's will call your shots, and you get 2 minutes to complete a stage.
I did look it up on Google and it was just training...nothing about the range

I did look it up on Google and it was just training...nothing about the range
Look it up on Facebook. He has events planned on there. Theres a class coming up and a match on march 28. I wont go to the class as I dont think it would benefit me but the matches there are fun. It's not really a range that you can have a membership to shoot on a weekly basis when you want.

Thanks for that. I looked it up, it's 53 minutes from me. I don't know anything about precision rifle matches. But will look into it.

@Phineas7 If you have a rifle, come out and shoot. Let everyone know your new to the sport and ask if you can use their bags. Everyone is willing to lend a hand, it's just getting over the beginning jitters that tough for some.

Reactions: Phineas7
I’m in N. ATL, been here for almost 3 yrs now. Just got into LR, zeroed my MPA 6.5 w/ Impact Action last weekend (3/8/20). Drove over to Cedar Creek.

Anyone else in the ATL area on here? Anyone getting out this Sunday to punch some holes or ring steal in spite of the Corona19 scare?

I’ve got a booked class at K&M in May for 4 days of training. I want to get my foot wet and run some 1 day PRS matches. You know of any matches your going too?

Reactions: DamagedGuds
I am in Cherokee County NW of Atlanta. I am active at Pickens County specifically the 100-300-500 yard ranges. I head to K&M in TN for longer range.

Is this a private range? Are they currently accepting new members?
Yes, private range. Yes, accepting applications - I do not think there is currently a wait list. Pickens County Sportsman Club.

My buddy took me to the Riverbend Gun club and it is nice. Plenty of pistol bays and shotgun stuff. I stuck to the long rifle range which pushed out to 550 yards.

Reactions: Kpchurch