• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Local Navy Helicopter performs AMAZING rescue

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
Re: Local Navy Helicopter performs AMAZING rescue

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go Navy! Our pilots do some serious work.

Josh </div></div>

Hell yea they do!!

Holy Crap! I have worked on H-60's for years and let me tell you that Pilot can flat out fly! That could have gone bad quick; I am glad that stick jockey knew what he was doing.

Swarrick - did you use ASM???

I built every H60 squadron training server - that's what I used to do till I thought we were going to have layoffs so I took this job and got laid off LOL

Wow... that pilot has some brass balls... and confidence and skill. That's amazing control especially considering the environment he was in...

Bad Ass. I rarely ever say this but good thing the media was there. A print story would not have done that helo crew justice.

Nice flying: that looks dangerous even on a calm day.
cool.gif

That crew must have an excellent method of communicating with each other. You can't buy that kind of teamwork. I wouldn't split those guys up.
wink.gif

SAR guys will always have my complete respect for the job they do.
I often think about the time a good friend(Q-Tip) and I swam to the little island off the Kailua Beach Park. It was a 500M swim each way so we always rested on the island before coming back in. In our bay in Kaneohe MCAS a big 14' Tiger Slocked in at low tide that day. We failed to realize that the tide had come back in while we rested. As we got ready to swim back into the beach we saw the SAR bird form teh base moving lazily along the peninsula a few miles from us. As we swam back toward the beach the SAR bird swung in above us nice and low. The speakers told us to prepare for a line to be dropped so we could be pulled into the H 46. We looked at each other with that young ass Marine WTF look and complied. As we were were leaving a hover we both saw the big ass Tiger swimming right to where we were at. To this day I think either one of us were maybe within 5 mikes of being someone's lunch.
Last I heard from Q-Tip he had crashed every car or bike he owned and both he and his wife were fighting cancer. I lost his contact info on my old laptop when it crashed so I may have to look on Military.com to see if he's there and try to catch up if he's still around in Mesick, MI

SAR Crews kick ass

That young rotor head sure knows his machine. Damn good flying. Hope the girl recovers. MM

U.S. Navy...Anytime Baby!!!

Well done......Well done!!!!

Rick the dick Sanchez on CNN had the pilot and guy on the cable on his show today. What modest level headed American Military men and women we have to be proud of. Pilot wouldn't really take credit for anything, kept complimenting the mechanics for keeping the machine "well maintained", the 60 some people on the ground etc "doing what they needed to accomplish mission", his "military training". He was unwilling to accept 'I' and everything lead back to 'we', a definite 'team' member. Pretty hard not to get a bit wet eyed at the fine example of young men and women that make up our Armed Forces!!!

Old pilot
bold pilot
He may be both

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SAR guys will always have my complete respect for the job they do.
I often think about the time a good friend(Q-Tip) and I swam to the little island off the Kailua Beach Park. It was a 500M swim each way so we always rested on the island before coming back in. In our bay in Kaneohe MCAS a big 14' Tiger Slocked in at low tide that day. We failed to realize that the tide had come back in while we rested. As we got ready to swim back into the beach we saw the SAR bird form teh base moving lazily along the peninsula a few miles from us. As we swam back toward the beach the SAR bird swung in above us nice and low. The speakers told us to prepare for a line to be dropped so we could be pulled into the H 46. We looked at each other with that young ass Marine WTF look and complied. As we were were leaving a hover we both saw the big ass Tiger swimming right to where we were at. To this day I think either one of us were maybe within 5 mikes of being someone's lunch.
Last I heard from Q-Tip he had crashed every car or bike he owned and both he and his wife were fighting cancer. I lost his contact info on my old laptop when it crashed so I may have to look on Military.com to see if he's there and try to catch up if he's still around in Mesick, MI

SAR Crews kick ass</div></div>

Bird shit rock?

Go Navy! That pilot and crew ran a perfect mission.

I dunno what they call it now, but it's the one about 500M out from Kailua Beach as in,"Hey brah, you like race to da kine rock out deah?". Not a tough swim if you're in shape and no big fish are in the water. I got a few good memories about that particular beach as well...heh heh heh, mohawk, black leather mini, yuh!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Swarrick - did you use ASM???

I built every H60 squadron training server - that's what I used to do till I thought we were going to have layoffs so I took this job and got laid off LOL</div></div>

I am unsure what ASM is, is there another name for it? I have been in HS and HSL Sqd's and am an "AM".