• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Loctite?

CAUTION: ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

Ok I have had a chance to test this stuff and I am less than happy. This stuff locks up worst than red loctite. At least with red loctite 400 Degs F will usually loosen it. The 80inch lb breakaway of this green ceramic is a joke.

If you use this green ceramic make sure you you it very sparingly and can use a tool for removal. Otherwise you will need a torch ? and a vice with a tool that will handle heat, to remove the part.

(Thats why you should use rocksett)

Edit to address the next comment (But it works unlike your experiment)

Last edited:
Jesus christ. Lets just stick our fucking head in the sand and not try new things. Fucking hell grandma.....

Edit to address previous comment edit? (said the horseman ? to the first automobile, broken down on the side of the road)

Last edited:
So, 80inlb is for a standard size, I think 3/8. I'm guessing that the omega tube thread is around 1-3/8. So something around 4x the required torque....

Wait. Yours locked up?? Mine is almost loos enough to undo by hand??

Your initial report was why I threw caution to the proverbial wind. Normally I would have tested more conservatively.

I first gave both threads a good degreasing with a q-tip dipped in alcohol. I then put it on the full length of the treads, both sides. It then sat for a few days before using. In other words I did everything to maximize it’s locking power. Metals were stainless cap to titanium tube.

I would say that a small drop would have yielded better results. Since we are testing something new here I wanted to get a “caution advisory” ⚠️ out asap to prevent someone else getting in a jam. Pun intended.

Based on my initial conversation with this company, it is likely that soaking/ boiling might have worked but I did not try this.......

Oh well that's a difference right there. I went very sparingly with mine. I cleaned the threads with alcohol and then only put three drops around the thread. I did not coat it by any means.

Oh well that's a difference right there. I went very sparingly with mine. I cleaned the threads with alcohol and then only put three drops around the thread. I did not coat it by any means.

So, not a failure, simply MY error in the testing procedure.

Some questions:

So you are having no issues pulling caps for cleaning?
Exactly how much are you using? Edit:Just realized you said 3 drops
Rough diameter of part and length of threads?
Materials being bonded?

Last edited:
So, 80inlb is for a standard size, I think 3/8. I'm guessing that the omega tube thread is around 1-3/8. So something around 4x the required torque....

Very interesting. I was not aware of how this was calculated...... Where did you get 3/8 inch from?

Very interesting. I was not aware of how this was calculated...... Where did you get 3/8 inch from?

Looking at the specs for several different thread lockers. They all seem to list 3/8".

Reactions: Holliday
Looking at the specs for several different thread lockers. They all seem to list 3/8".

Solid intel. Thanks for bringing that up......So if it is 6/8” or 3/4” that would be double? 160 inch lbs?

Solid intel. Thanks for bringing that up......So if it is 6/8” or 3/4” that would be double? 160 inch lbs?

Probably?

Figuring you have the same number of threads coated, you'd have twice the area to shear. But, if they used 3/8-18 and you use 3/4-28, you might have a lot more area. This might be a fun thing to test.

Reactions: Holliday