• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LOL reservists

I can’t say I met a single person who watched the sunset parade and said, “Cool monument, but fuck those reservists up there.” Or would stand in front of the wall of 5,931 rank insignias at the National Museum of the Marine Corps and says, “Neat memorial, but fuck 70% of these people.”

I suppose we could find an 8156 that worked honor guard at the cemetery in Tunisia and ask if they think that any of the 6,565 service members interned there are pussies.

You just described some turd Marines, at a shit unit, enabled by a shitty command. Despite the subpar performance of some of their personnel, I doubt it reflects all of them. It’s an even further stretch to go around disparaging the military service of everyone that served in the reserves or national guard. I won’t do it until I have a chance to size them up individually.

Like this guy - https://www.newson6.com/story/5e364...ing-friend-from-burning-plane-in-kansas-crash

I was told that he was found over a hundred yards from the crash site and his first words were to give the water to the girl. How many of us could carry a person that far with 90% burns?

He received no medal, no commendation, and no ribbon for the effort, despite still being in the reserves at the time. When I asked around, the only answer I was given? “He was just a reservist and not on duty”.

At least they still paid out the SGLI.

We share both the successes and failures of our reserve and guard components. It takes a shit ton of research to discover how many Reserve Marines were at Belleau Wood, Mont Blanc, Peleliu, Iwo Jima, Ie Shima, Chosin Reservoir, Inchon, Fallujah or Hit for a simple reason. It does not matter.

Bashing the entire reserves and national guard for the failings of a few is a bitch move. It divorces us from the responsibility to fix any problems as if they were not our own.

Addertooth is right. The premise of this thread is funny, but stupid. The National Guard regularly deploys stateside and is the first to respond in the event of a disaster.

However, the critique is valid. The National Guard may lose a vehicle from time to time and they need to stop allowing that to happen…. but at least they never lost any nukes: https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/jvaynman/files/minot_afb_report.pdf
Lighten up Francis...it was banter, don't get all fucking butthurt...like a Reservist. Lol!

I have them....

I like open air motoring!

Same with Jeep. Doors and roof come off in May. They don't go back on until November.

I actually don't understand why everyone buying HMMWV's is running around loading them up with armored doors and 2" glass and all the 'Tank' modifications. They are the cheapest most fun convertibles around! Once you cover them with armor, they are a rolling Air-Fryer oven! Plus you can't get in and out easily. Totally get it for combat zones. But in Greenwich, CT? That said, there is a lot of love, care and craftsmanship going into these big restorations of the combat HMMWV's... turrets, slantbacks, etc And I do understand a combat replica is really cool and that building them is definitely a thing. But driving them is not nearly as much fun as hopping in with no doors and top and putting around in the fresh air!

I would 'love' to build a War Pig. But you need a seriously large building just to park it in!

Sirhr
How 'bout one of these?
1611408968151.png

• Love
Reactions: AMGtuned
That red Jiffy Lube truck was stolen about a month ago in the DC area, fortunately it was recovered (largely intact) Tan is a '93, Red is a '95.
I could not imagine taking something that wide around those Colorado trails. Even sitting still on level ground not moving with 3’ of trail between my 4Runner and the edge, it seemed like the thing was going to roll into oblivion at any moment. I can’t wait to go back!