• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Author Promotes ‘Safe Spaces’ at National Parks for Black People

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

On Wednesday, NBC shared an article by author Char Adams, “Meet the black outdoorsy groups reclaiming nature.”
The article, written in June, is getting a fresh push by NBC in a tweet on Wednesday.
Trying to gin up fresh outrage to cover for all the Biden scandals this week? Heaven forbid NBC covers Hunter’s collapsing sweetheart deal, his curiously successful artwork, and variety of other questionable behaviors.
No, let’s drag out a month old article to distract the masses.

“There is trauma related to being outdoors,” the founder of an organization working to provide safe spaces for Black people to enjoy outdoor activities says.
“There’s a lot of healing that we as a Black community must do.” https://t.co/pGFNa6gJQO
— NBC News (@NBCNews) July 26, 2023
In the article, Adams posits that black people need “safe spaces to go camping and just experience the outdoors” because of past racial discrimination.
CNN has even lamented the “adventure gap” or “nature gap” in outdoor recreation due to a lack of diversity in the “White-dominated space.”
But Adams has a solution. An outdoor “safe-space.”

The article shares:
“Throughout history, we weren’t even allowed to go to national and state parks because of the color of our skin. There is trauma related to being outdoors,” Newton added. “There’s a lot of healing that we as a Black community must do in order to reconnect and deepen our relationship with the outdoors, because it’s our natural birthright to be there.”
“There were a lot of Black people looking for safe spaces to go camping and just experience the outdoors. People would go to campgrounds, and there would be Trump flags flying everywhere,”Ajayi said, citing the many mental health benefits of being outdoors, like alleviating depression and stress. People around her wanted to know where they could safely go camping without being harassed or discriminated against. “I wanted to build a safe space for that. I figured if I needed a space like that, there were other Black women who probably needed that space too.”
In 2020, Tucker Carlson called then U.S. National Park Service acting director, David Vela, a moron for suggesting that the “persistent whiteness” of their parks is an “existential crisis.”
This was written in June. Why the sudden urge to push it out now?
Aren’t there other more important stories NBC “news” should be focused on?
Like the fact that Hunter Biden’s lawyers posed as members of the GOP to have a filing sealed and removed?
— Kyle Engel (@KyleJEngel4) July 26, 2023

On Wednesday, NBC shared an article by author Char Adams, “Meet the black outdoorsy groups reclaiming nature.”
The article, written in June, is getting a fresh push by NBC in a tweet on Wednesday.
Trying to gin up fresh outrage to cover for all the Biden scandals this week? Heaven forbid NBC covers Hunter’s collapsing sweetheart deal, his curiously successful artwork, and variety of other questionable behaviors.
No, let’s drag out a month old article to distract the masses.

In the article, Adams posits that black people need “safe spaces to go camping and just experience the outdoors” because of past racial discrimination.
CNN has even lamented the “adventure gap” or “nature gap” in outdoor recreation due to a lack of diversity in the “White-dominated space.”
But Adams has a solution. An outdoor “safe-space.”

The article shares:

In 2020, Tucker Carlson called then U.S. National Park Service acting director, David Vela, a moron for suggesting that the “persistent whiteness” of their parks is an “existential crisis.”
what's amazing is blacks don't see all this condescending and outright bigotry towards them. Imagine half the country telling you that you're not good enough, not smart enough, not strong enough to succeed on your own merits.

What's next?

Their own places to eat and go to school?

Separate part of the bus for them?

Maybe even their own country to go to?

Oh and:

Char Adams​

Reporter
Char Adams is a reporter for NBC BLK who writes about race.

Anyone else see the massive, yet ironic problem here?

So... What are the myriad traumas related to "going outdoors"? Serious question.

Now, I bet that when asked, the author would say things like "working in fields", or "being captured and sold by white people at picnics", or "getting lynched under a tree", or "murdered by the police".

And would not say things like "getting shot in a drive-by", or "massacred by the next village over because we speak another dialect and have slightly different facial features ", or something else just as stereotypical. Or is it archetypal by now, or both?

Look, the outdoors ain't perfect. Bears shit in them woods. But unless I've really missed something, most people getting traumatized in the national parks are just the ones who do stupid shit like smack the bison on the rump. And they kinda deserve it.

I don't understand why black people haven't demanded segregation. I'm sure it would be a protracted battle as racist white people would be opposed, but nothing worthwhile is ever easy.

Reactions: doubloon
They HAD 'safe spaces.' The Civil Rights movement showed the country that that was wrong.

Now that there's less racism, they want segregation back?! MLK is likely rolling over in his grave. Can't say 'no racism' cause some form or another will likely always be around

M

Guy who wrote article should have his ass kicked
Not a guy but might have a dick. Who even knows anymore? What do you say @Bigfatcock ?
89502E50-8170-42CB-903E-AF507DB76224.jpeg

We just took a trip to 5 national parks. We saw a lot of different races/nationalities of people. No one was exclusive to anyone. You could frequently find folks helping with directions, guides, or taking pictures. Of course, this is all subjective data, but I’m having a hard time picturing any of the issues that would make someone feel ostracized.

Reactions: 101st
Maybe my comments is its own thread. I feel like current democrat, liberal way of thinking is associated with female qualities, where conservatism is more in line with male thinking.

I think all this black/white, democrat/republican, climate change/no climate change, gender/binary, etc bullshit just all boils down to male vs female. Im seeing more and more black men standing behind Trump, but very few black females.

This is just another male vs. female issue. Blacks dont care, liberal women do. I Googled the author......FEMALE!

Im also really developing this disgust for women lately, so maybe it is tied to that?

If this is a real thing… I want to safe space in national parks for German people.

Where we can have a little room to grow….

Oh, wait…
YES!, and Definitely, Definitely, tear down any statues of Woodrow Wilson and erase him from the history books. Sorry devil promised the predominately German heritage population in the Midwest that HE Would Not Go To WAR with Germany. Damn Dumbocant, easy to tell if they’re lying. Look to see if their lips are moving. Will say anything to get elected.

Yes, we need safe spaces for all of us, and we should get at least credit for 1.5 votes for every single vote we cast, reduced cost or just plain no cost for anything we want and of course, WE want reparations!

• Haha
So... What are the myriad traumas related to "going outdoors"? Serious question.

Now, I bet that when asked, the author would say things like "working in fields", or "being captured and sold by white people at picnics", or "getting lynched under a tree", or "murdered by the police".

And would not say things like "getting shot in a drive-by", or "massacred by the next village over because we speak another dialect and have slightly different facial features ", or something else just as stereotypical. Or is it archetypal by now, or both?

Look, the outdoors ain't perfect. Bears shit in them woods. But unless I've really missed something, most people getting traumatized in the national parks are just the ones who do stupid shit like smack the bison on the rump. And they kinda deserve it.
I find sustained wind greater than 75mph to be annoying especially if it's cold, cloudy, and close to 1,000 ft vertical drop off.

The people I can’t fucking stand when I’m outdoors are hippie fucks, most minorities and white assholes who think ‘we made this country’. Every single one of them are loud, littering, ignorant poor or semi-poor bipedal tumors with the temerity to steal oxygen and take up space. Going where they shouldn’t, wrecking what they should be leaving alone and reminding me that humanity sucks because they usually have offspring of indeterminant hereditary. And almost all of them are fat. Question: Why can’t we just hunt tubbies? We can keep a few around, like in a zoo, as a cautionary reference, but almost 100% of these safe space, ‘merica, type II diabetic Depends douches are useless for anything other than target practice. They get in the way of my getting to the bike trails, they get in the way of the view, they fucking talk, loudly, about nothing and leave candy, beer and cigarette trash everywhere.

But you know, live and let live.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
The people I can’t fucking stand when I’m outdoors are hippie fucks, most minorities and white assholes who think ‘we made this country’. Every single one of them are loud, littering, ignorant poor or semi-poor bipedal tumors with the temerity to steal oxygen and take up space. Going where they shouldn’t, wrecking what they should be leaving alone and reminding me that humanity sucks because they usually have offspring of indeterminant hereditary. And almost all of them are fat. Question: Why can’t we just hunt tubbies? We can keep a few around, like in a zoo, as a cautionary reference, but almost 100% of these safe space, ‘merica, type II diabetic Depends douches are useless for anything other than target practice. They get in the way of my getting to the bike trails, they get in the way of the view, they fucking talk, loudly, about nothing and leave candy, beer and cigarette trash everywhere.

True story. I have a friend who is eat up with diabetes. Never fat, never really abusive to himself other than supplementing his income by being a weekend musician.

After his diagnosis, he goes on a strenuously serious diet. Exactly as prescribed. (How a person could survive on that diet is beyond me, but he did has). Followed other instructions, again, exercise, everything exactly as prescribed. As he aged, other conditions crept in, making his life somewhat miserable, but he refused to succumb to bitterness, doing what had to be done and enjoying his time here with us, as he continues to do so.

His biggest complaint, seeing fat diabetic slobs, ( who ate whatever and whenever they liked, the only exercise they ever partook in was moving the fork and spoon from plate to mouth, following zero instructions for better health) Complaining because the meds did not take care of all of their diabetic issues. These are the people who are a drain to our society, our world.

FAT is not beautiful. Thousands of years ago, men chose women who were healthy and remained so, to care for their offspring. Just as women choose men who were healthy and capable of providing for and protecting them and their children. Those women chosen were thin, had what we refer to having good figures, were intelligent and thrifty. Those men chosen were strong, muscular and active as well as intelligent.

These attributes became what we picture as beautiful and handsome. Fat, slovenly are not beautiful or handsome.

This

IMG_2451.jpeg

Not this

IMG_2450.jpeg

please, Please tell me this is a joke.

One never knows in the new, woke YSA. In the wok ysa (that would be ‘Yellow’ United States) woke rulings are causing 50 years of hard won racial equality in the south to be thrown away to a bunch of absolute crazy idiots who choose sexual deviance over competence in government.

YSA where 2 bit thugs and criminals are revered and praised and worshiped, while decent men and women of all races and sects are reviled as evil.

please, Please tell me this is a joke.

One never knows in the new, woke YSA. In the wok ysa (that would be ‘Yellow’ United States) woke rulings are causing 50 years of hard won racial equality in the south to be thrown away to a bunch of absolute crazy idiots who choose sexual deviance over competence in government.

YSA where 2 bit thugs and criminals are revered and praised and worshiped, while decent men and women of all races and sects are reviled as evil.

For something to be funny, there has to be some truth to it. Yes, it is a joke.

Albeit, not a very funny joke. I say it's not funny because the leftists' policies have done more to oppress racial minorities than anything else. They have done more to divide people by their skin color than anything else.

Worse than that, they have taught anyone with dark skin that whites are evil. They have taught them that anyone with dark skin needs a government handout and safe places without whites.

The idea of "safe places" in the National Parks is just segregation by another name.

What this joke does poke fun of is the hypocrisy of the left and the idea that people with dark skin should have their own safe places, clubs, schools as well as other public or private venues.

Imagine the uproar if anyone called for "safe places" for whites in predominantly black areas of the country!

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick

Kill yourself

• Haha

You forgot pretentious limey pricks who are inbred and have bad teeth...

R