• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LOL!! So, tactical lever gun is a thing now?

3ED8A2BE-AB03-4F3E-9089-2A440B6FDD8A.jpeg

Another UK based lever gun fan here. Don’t think any of that tactical shit is gonna make it any better, .45-70 guide gun doesn’t really warrant too much extra junk.

That is a pretty 39, you do the colour case yourself?
The metal finishing on both Marlins was done by Glenrock Blue in WY when Phil was owner. I fitted and finished the wood sans checkering.

You are reading my mind. Subsonic 38 special with a can and a red dot, and I could wear some deer out around here.

Sooo......SBR'd lever gun to like 10.5 with a Aimpoint on a Riser, PEQ15 on a rail and a suppressor in 30-30 shooting 175g subs?

An SBRed lever gun also neuters the magazine capacity. Combining that with the relatively long 30-30 (compared to pistol rounds) makes the gun pretty aenemic.

Tarnation!! My great grandpappy can be tactical now!

Reactions: wh20crazy
3 shot groups don't mean much... unless you shoot them with a stupid 2X scout scope.

100Yds
475group.jpg

Only I bleached the wood to make it lighter, when I should have painted it black. I'm not tactical enough. :(

marsc.jpg

(for the record, that sling is never on there, and that was the one and only time that shell cuff was on the gun. So not tactical.)

I am railed up though. Operate mofo!

rightrail.jpg

If I had the money I’d do it just because people don’t like it

Reactions: BgBmBoo
I will tell you this a 444 marlin drops a hog. Have rails on mine for night vision, steiner SPIR, DBAL D2, PVS 30. Suppressed it is remarkably quiet.

The real Marlins before Remington bought them and Remingtoned them are quite accurate with the micro groove barrels.

The real Marlins before Remington bought them and Remingtoned them are quite accurate with the micro groove barrels.
Rumor is that Remington bought worn out tooling when they bought Marlin…

Rumor is that Remington bought worn out tooling when they bought Marlin…

That's true. Remington then they tried to refresh that tooling without understanding how the guns actually fit together, which promptly make quality worse. It's like every bad stereotype of modern American management.

There have been some good stories about the Ruger acquisition, including the cover story in a recently issue of American Rifleman. After determining that there was a business case to be made for purchasing the brand, the next step Ruger took was to basically start over with creating proper drawings and performing the engineering necessary (such as tolerance stacks and establishing proper GD&T for critical dimensions) to ensure that the guns can be manufactured without excessive hand-fitting. You know, really sophisticated stuff by 1850 standards. Time will tell, but it certainly appears that they did the job correctly.

Reactions: atomic41
I do like lever guns for hunting and fun but a tacticool lever is beyond fking gay. What's next, men marrying men?

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
You’re behind the times.

I’ve been saying for years that lever guns would make an excellent suppressor host, I’m just glad someone else’s finally started doing it. I’m no machinist.
Great suppressor hosts! My X-Model .30-30 is surprisingly quiet with Fed. Power-Shok 170 gr. and YHM Phantom. I have a .45-70, too, but haven't shot it yet. Waiting for the can to get out of jail. I'll try some factory ammo, but planning on loading some Hornady Sub-X for it.

Reactions: camocorvette
Dammit, thought I was over this temptation. Why did you have to bump this!