• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long Range Rifle Ranges in PA

Sniper Uncle

Patriot Marksman Trainee
Minuteman
Hey Guys,
Can anyone point me to a rifle range or club, other than the PA 1000 Yard Benchrest Club in central PA where one can shoot 500-1000 or more yards? I am looking to become a member somewhere not too far (as in less than 2-3 hours from Carlisle, PA where I could shoot during week days or on weekends, as my schedule allows.
Thanks,
Tim

Re: Long Range Rifle Ranges in PA

Tim,

I'm up the road from you in Landisville. I'm sure there has to be a few in York, however I know there is one in Mount Joy. That would still be an hour drive for you. Check on here : http://www.pafoa.org/ and click on counties. Good luck and happy shooting.

Richard

check out MIFFLIN COUNTY SPORTSMAN ASSN> ph.717 994 8431.they have a web site. should be close to you. I heard they go to 1000 yds and are working on 1500yds.

Reactions: Alphatreedog

check out fort hill rifle and pistol in cumberland, md. 600 yard and about 2 hours from carlisle.

Mifflin County is a better choice than Reade imo, Reade has a match virtually every weekend, so unless you shoot during the week you have to work around the matches. At Mifflin you can go from 25-1025 yds from one firing point, at Reade you have to pack up and move.
Mifflin is not open Sunday's until 1pm due to an agreement w a neighboring church, other than that it's GTG.

Who knows, maybe he wasn't in a rush. :D

I drive through Catskill several times a year, I'd love to shoot there. But not gonna happen at $40 an hour.

Who knows, maybe he wasn't in a rush. :D

I drive through Catskill several times a year, I'd love to shoot there. But not gonna happen at $40 an hour.
For an additional $20 you can shoot all day.

Just gotta sign up for one of the matches. 😆