• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long Shot Rifles; any good?

Alan Griffith

Sergeant
Minuteman
I've read some rags and wanted to get the Hide's opinion on the work Long Shot Rifles does assembling components into a tack driver tactical rifle.

Kreiger
AICS
Surgeon Scapel or trued up R700
Jewel
Badger M5 BM

Alan

Re: Long Shot Rifles; any good?

Chris is a former employee of GAP. He left to start his own deal. He built me aa few rifles that were tack drivers.

Rich

I have a 308 in A5 Chris built. It is very well built and shoots small groups when I do my part.

Chris built my friends and I a few rifles, all of them shot real well.
You won't regret a build from Long Shot Rifles.

Wayne aka WAMBO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSSP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've read some rags and wanted to get the Hide's opinion on the work Long Shot Rifles does assembling components into a tack driver tactical rifle.

Kreiger
AICS
Surgeon Scapel or trued up R700
Jewel
Badger M5 BM

Alan </div></div>

Chris is a good guy. If I did'nt build rifles and had to send them out, he'd be on the short list.

This tack driving beauty (.300WM) was built by LSR and on good days prints 1/2 MOA out to 1300 yds...

x1czes.jpg

I have one he is working on right now. Will know more when I get it. Chris has been easy to talk with and is also very easy to get ahold of. That right there puts him way on top in my book!!His turn around if very short too.

I've had a 7wsm from him that was a laser, when the barrel was done I had him switch it to a .308 which was a sub- 1/2 moa rifle with factory ammo! The then built me an AR10 upper which was .4-.6 depending on how much coffee I had and what I was feeding it.

So... yes, he can build some rifles.

Chris and I played email tag a few times this am then he called around lunch and spent 40 minutes with me. We discussed everythng from guns, gunsmiths, economy, hunting, family. Great guy! I'm 90% sure he is the 'smith I need for this next build I'm about to put together.

Alan

Chris built my 7mmWSM. I just got what I kind of wanted in mind and after several phone calls with Chris, we came up with this. I had my heart set on a Jewell trigger because I had one on my GAP. Chris suggested a Rifle Basix which he thought would be better for my intended use. It is everybit as good as the Jewell if not better. Chris's is a family run business. They are all top notch. It is a 100% change CHRIS will be building YOUR rifle, no one else. I liked this. Order soon because you will have a wait. Chris obtained all the parts, including the Nightforce NXS 8.5-32X56 NP-R1 reticle. The rifle shoots very, very well!

DSCN0032.jpg

DSCN0033.jpg

DSCN0037.jpg

DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0041.jpg

DSCN0046.jpg

DSCN0139.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSSP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GTr,

What is that color mix? Love it!

Alan</div></div>

If i remember correctly, it's 70% tan, 20% black, 10% OD green...

i've heard alot of good things about Matthews.
He is working on one my switch barrel wildcat projects at this time.
i will post some pics of the rifle when completed.
just waiting on the second reamer from PTG and other barrel from PacNor.

I copied Terry Cross's color scheme of 33%tan/33%black/33%OD, 1% pixie dust. Broughton 1-9 twist (easiest barrel I've ever broke in, never collects copper)I highly recomend Broughton, Stiller Predator action, Rifle Basix trigger, McMillan A-5 with the Terry Cross cheek peice. I learned a lesson on my first GAP rifle....NO THUMB SCREWS) Vias brake, All coated in whatever Chris uses. i had him coat the flutes in the bolt. Badger 20MOA rail, Nightforce ultra light rings, Badger bolt knob. I got the NF NXS 8.5-32X56 NP-R1 and the Storm case from Chris too. His prices were fine. Glad you like it, I love it, it really is much better than me. The 7mmWSM is a great caliber. I wish Lapua mde some brass although the Winchester is fine.

Made the decision to use Chris. We talked and I am having a few items sent directly to him to save on shipping; such as my 1.5 AICS brown stock. The Surgeon action is already inbound and the Krieger 1:8 6.5mm barrel is, hopefully, only about 4 weeks out. My NF 5.5-22x50 NP-1R should be here in about 2 weeks.

Alan