• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long shot/SME target cameras

Caihlen

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • May 24, 2020
    X
    Howdy. Does anyone have any feelings about either of these camera systems? I shoot alone at 300 yds mainly and I’d like to see my shots. Seems like one of these might do the trick?

I have the Longshot and it works great, at 300 yards you could get the inexpensive camera only version (not the camera and receiver version) and it would work well. In fact my camera will broadcast to 600 yards so often I do not use the receiver set up. You may need a hood for your tablet however, the sun tends to wash out the screen. If you have any specific questions shoot me a pm and I will respond.

Reactions: Caihlen
    Thanks. I just ordered the long shot. We’ll see how it works out. Thanks for the reply

I have. I’m fixin to give it a try tomorrow. I’ll post a follow up.

So. I shot today with the long shot and it’s super cool. I had to fiddle a bit to maintain connectivity but other than that I love it. I only shot 25 rounds but it was so awesome to see my hits and make adjustments on the fly. My intent was to try and mimic the instant feedback from pullers in the pits and this seems to do just that. I feel like the connectivity issue was just learning curve on my part but as of this morning I’m well pleased.

The day before yesterday I had issues with connectivity, it has not happened before, maybe the comet? ;) Glad you enjoy it, it was a game changer for me.

Target cams are a great tool at the range. Don't regret buying mine at all. I now go to the range, setup once, and don't go back down range until I'm done. No more trying to spot a shot through inadequate binos or scopes and it saves targets too! I can shoot significantly more shots at a single target without having to try and remember which ones were there before.

Here is a picture from mine at 1000 meters, finally starting to get some good grouping with my Autotrickler.
    111aaa1.jpg