• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long wait

rifle

Private
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
I ordrered a rifle stock i late desember last year(2011) and was told it would take 10-12 weeks before i would have it.
The timeframe seemed ok so i ordered it.

I still haven't received it to this day.
I have sent mails a couple a days ago,also through this forum
but haven't got any reply yet........
But i know they are busy.

I WILL REVEAL NO NAMES,i just want your opinion of what you would have done.

CANCEL THE ORDRER IS NO OPTION,i waited to darn long.

Thanks

Re: Long wait

I was quoted a 12 week time frame and ended up with it at 18. I fell in love with it at my door. Have you called about it? most numbers are accessible. Be patient, Christmas comes one time a year. Just let Santa know you have been patient and he will get it to you.

I would email and call once a week until I get a response. I had a similar thing happen to me last year, but it was exciting when I finally got the stock.

I had a longer than expected wait but it was definitely worth it. I would try to contact them until you get a response and keep waiting.

Well i think there is a diffrence between 2-3 months as promissed,than 7 months as it is now-4 months delay and with
little or no info unless when i ask about it.
And the info i'm getting are just exuses and more delays.

I thought the initial 2-3 monts were long to wait but it would have been worth it,but now i'm getting more and more fed up as times goes by.

And by the way,i do look forward to get the stock but this isen't the first time this company have problems.

If i knew this before i ordered i would have ordred from an other supplier/maker and been shooting happily for several months now with a new stock.

If i ever buy anything from this supplier again,it will only be ithems that are in stock an ready to be shipped.

Thanks ,i just need to let some steam out.

Pick up the phone and call them. Do you have any idea how many emails these guys get a day?! Might have hit their spam filter. Call them!

It would be shorter for me to list the precision rifle parts that I have actually received within the quoted time, rather than to list the ones that went over. It sucks, but this is so common in this industry.

Welcome to the world of tactical rifles. Things take time. You aren't the only stock being made. Lots of people in front of you waiting too. People wonder why custom rifle makers have such long waits well part of it is that they have to wait for stocks and barrels as well. Does it suck waiting? Hell yes it does. Been there myself a bunch of times but it's just part of the game.

As mentioned pick up the phone and call them. Everyone thinks email is easy but when these companies are getting 200-300 emails a day sometimes they get lost or it takes a while to get to them. A phone call will get you quicker info if you need it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pick up the phone and call them. Do you have any idea how many emails these guys get a day?! Might have hit their spam filter. Call them! </div></div>

Well i don't really see the use in that,i have used enough money without getting anything and will not use more.
But what's the diffrent on beeing told excuses and have them in written form?

I have also sent pm through this forum regarding it and they have been logged in after that,so the message has gotten trough.

I just want what i've paid for preferably without making to much fuzz.

But i think that over 4 months delay should qualify for some
good explanations and not bad excuses.

Thanks
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rifle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I just want what i've paid for preferably without making to much fuzz.

Thanks
smile.gif
</div></div>

WOOAH, you already PAID for it? I dont think you mentioned that before.

Tactical rifle market or not, more than double the quoted wait for a product that is paid for, AND poor/no communications??? Screw that.

Good luck.

Yup payed for the stock and payed for the shipping,that's why it doesen't feel to good being given bad excuses and more delays.

It seems that "small" customers/groups don't have priority.
If i knew this before i ordred i would have ordred from elsewere.
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rifle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It seems that "small" customers/groups don't have priority.
</div></div>

More to that than most know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rifle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It seems that "small" customers/groups don't have priority.
</div></div>

More to that than most know. </div></div>

That is so true.

But i feel kind of helpless,because what ever i do i loose.

If i cancel the order i will have no stock and waited all theese months for nothing and the seller will have no problems selling to others.

And if i choose to wait the seller probably have more excuses.

so it's a win win situation for the seller.

Personally i think that when someone takes your money they should follow up on their part,as it is no i feel kind of stupid paying in advance but it's supposed to be a serious company.

But in retrospect i have found out that i'm not the first and probably won't be the last.
everybody get*s their ithems in the end but it takes months-not weeks.

But one good thing is that i have all the e-mails from day one
so everything can be documented.

I ordered a Tacticool stock back in 02 an was told 4-6 weeks. At 6 weeks I called they said 8-12 more weeks, to which I said not no, but hell no. Bait an switch will not fly with me at all. Ordered a HS/P had it 3 days later an never looked back. All my field sticks sport HS/P with either HS/P DBM's or a Wyatts system. Neither have given issue and both are well, well, used.

Having Name stuff means nothing to me now, as I've shot enough rack guns that will do everything I need, with tons of money left over for ammo. If your serious about learning how it works in the field over having a safe queen/s, spend your money on ammo and a real good Field-Craft course. Both of those will take you much farther than any custom queen ever will.

There are plenty of tactical stock makers out there.
Why would a refund be out of order?
Demand a refund and order elsewhere.

Why do you insist on waiting for vaporware, then complain about the wait?

If they refuse to refund your money, then you have a legit complaint and publish the name here.

Did you pay for it or did you give them your card number and they charge when they ship it? The latter is the way it's usually done as like you mentioned they will be able to sell the stock either way.

You just need to make up your mind and make a decision if you want to wait some more or cancel it. Complaining here isn't going to do anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Complaining here isn't going to do anything. </div></div>
Except allow the membership a peek into the real world of, Tacticool.

It's not tacticool. It's popular products. Manufacturers are making them as fast as they can but there is a big demand. Products that are made one at a time to a customer spec take time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Manufacturers are making them as fast as they can but there is a big demand. </div></div>
Because the world wants to be tacticool.

People who usually harp on the "tacticool" word are the ones who usually are worried about it.

So people who wait for other custom made products like guitars or cars what does that make them? Get off the high horse because you use HS stocks. HS are decent but the two I have had both had problems. One cracked and one had shifting POI and needed to be inletted and bedded. Never had any problems with the so called "tacticool" stocks I waited for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">People who usually harp on the "tacticool" word are the ones who usually are worried about it. </div></div>
Are you really that out of touch?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If its a sentinel stock ill pay you exactly what you paid and take over the wait time.</div></div>

i would do the same thing, i`m waiting on a sentinel, and am not gonna gripe if it takes a little longer than quoted, i know it`ll be worth the wait

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are plenty of tactical stock makers out there.
Why would a refund be out of order?
Demand a refund and order elsewhere.

Why do you insist on waiting for vaporware, then complain about the wait?

If they refuse to refund your money, then you have a legit complaint and publish the name here.

because i like the stock and there may be others yes,but they are more expencive and not everyone ships abroad.

I see you live in Texas then you can buy any stock you want,i envy you
smile.gif

Refund is no problem the seller is slow but honest.

But that is not what i want. </div></div>

Actually I am pretty in touch with how the stocks are made and the demand. I have toured the two major manufacturers and know what goes into making them and the time needed. Maybe others should as well.

Yes there are a bunch of stuff that people think is cool but buying a quality piece of equipment shouldn't be deemed "tacticool" just because the equipment is in high demand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered a Tacticool stock back in 02 an was told 4-6 weeks. At 6 weeks I called they said 8-12 more weeks, to which I said not no, but hell no. Bait an switch will not fly with me at all. Ordered a HS/P had it 3 days later an never looked back. All my field sticks sport HS/P with either HS/P DBM's or a Wyatts system. Neither have given issue and both are well, well, used.

Having Name stuff means nothing to me now, as I've shot enough rack guns that will do everything I need, with tons of money left over for ammo. If your serious about learning how it works in the field over having a safe queen/s, spend your money on ammo and a real good Field-Craft course. Both of those will take you much farther than any custom queen ever will. </div></div>

'Not "name"stuff,just fits me rally well :)and then again not everyone ships abroad.

I don't know what page your on, but it's not the one I'm talking about.
Tacticool = Perception of ability by acquiring X (the tool) is the standing definition of, Tacticool.

True needs are totally different, but history has shown the tool does not make the craftsman.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you pay for it or did you give them your card number and they charge when they ship it? The latter is the way it's usually done as like you mentioned they will be able to sell the stock either way.

You just need to make up your mind and make a decision if you want to wait some more or cancel it. Complaining here isn't going to do anything. </div></div>

Yes i payed for it and yes it does help to complain i've got several pm's already.
But i shoulden't have to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If its a sentinel stock ill pay you exactly what you paid and take over the wait time. </div></div>

No it's not
smile.gif

No and I agree that trying to buy skill level is not the way to do it but a craftsman that has the best tool will do better than one with a standard tool all things being equal otherwise.

That said it's never been discussed in detail why the OP wants or needs the stock he is buying so assuming he is trying to be "tacticool" isn't the way I would go. Hell we don't even know what stock it is! LOL Maybe he is skilled and trying to upgrade his equipment while he has the money or even just starting and doing the same. Being a novice and having good gear doesn't make that gear safe queens. If they are used and he is learning then the gear is being put to good use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually I am pretty in touch with how the stocks are made and the demand. I have toured the two major manufacturers and know what goes into making them and the time needed. Maybe others should as well.

Yes there are a bunch of stuff that people think is cool but buying a quality piece of equipment shouldn't be deemed "tacticool" just because the equipment is in high demand. </div></div>

I don't care much for the tacticool ,this stock will make it more comfertable for me to shoot and i coulden't care less if it is tacticol or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but a craftsman that has the best tool will do better than one with a standard tool all things being equal otherwise. </div></div>
History proves different,...Granted having unwavering faith in ones gear, is good mind control, but having the best does not make that much of a difference when push comes to shove.

I have found that when emailing vendors that I get a much better response to my emails when I list the ORDER# in the message TITLE.
This lets them know that I am a paying customer and that they already have my business and my money.
This lets them know that I am not one of the 2-300 repetitive emails that they have to wade through everyday.
I do know that all of the vendors hit a big slump this time of year after SHOT show due to large orders and a slow down in certain material availability due to the increased production.
If it is what you really wanted it will be worth the wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but a craftsman that has the best tool will do better than one with a standard tool all things being equal otherwise. </div></div>
History proves different,...Granted having unwavering faith in ones gear, is good mind control, but having the best does not make that much of a difference when push comes to shove.</div></div>

Believe what you want but I will take the best gear I can when I can get it. One less thing to worry about and when I blow a shot I know it wasn't my gear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Believe what you want but I will take the best gear I can when I can get it. One less thing to worry about and when I blow a shot I know it wasn't my gear. </div></div>

What?! Mods miss?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Believe what you want but I will take the best gear I can when I can get it.</div></div>
Not a belief, pure historical fact. Gear is no better than it's operator, no matter it's cost. We are told the USA has the best gear money can buy. If the cost of gear is the factor, our win columns from WW-II on, should be looking a little better. 10 years tagging cave dwellers, please it's about money nothing more.
Bottom line, civi Tacticool gear is all about perception an money while trying to be like XXX. A perception that ability can be bought, if they only spend X amount of money.

When did I say gear is better than it's operator? Never. I said "all things being equal otherwise".

I understand/know that but, all things are never equal, especially with new guys coming into the mix.

Rifle,

As Rob01 noted, big names with quality stocks have a wait list that amazes people. Me included. But, I will tell you shooting a stock that doesn't shift, crack or in any other way "F-up" your shooting for the day, you need to get one to really see the difference.

They're trying, but believe me the demand is slowing things down.

On the other hand what gunfighter is saying is always true too. I know you're pissed, but go out with the money you have and buy rounds to practice with. Spending money on a good field/shooting course is also a solid investment in yourself. Without doing that, you'll never even notice the difference a really great stock can make. I'll also back his idea of HS/P stocks. A good deal of money, but very solid. I'm not knocking who you bought from, but, the long range craze hasn't slowed down in over ten years. If they come up with another excuse and you really do need a better stock now, it's time you got a refund and bought an available upgrade.

If you are like some on here that order big name products to turn around and sell it for a profit, then, IMO the wait is justified. I hope you aren't one of them.

It was an example of equal craftsman using the tools. If you have the same shooter shooting two different systems he will do better with the better system. That was the point. Not that you can buy skill because you can't obviously but when at a skill level using the better gear will produce better result.

The Tapir is better than all of you...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
tapir.jpg
</div></div>

My sentiments exactly. I don't know how many of you have legitimately put a group of under .020" together, but what that tapir is doing is how I feel about the comment.

FWIW, I agree, the skill level needs to be attained before one can really tell the difference. To use the previous analogy, one craftsman can create a masterpiece with the right tools, all the rest can paint or sculpt.

I firmly believe that when a craftsman knows his tools he is able to "split the hairs" to create the precision he needs or wants. But, he can't get there without the inherent (advanced) knowledge of how to do it. And that is where practice comes along. As long as in the end the individual understands what he can do with the equipment he had vs. the equipment that he is getting that has the much closer tolerances.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rifle,

As Rob01 noted, big names with quality stocks have a wait list that amazes people. Me included. But, I will tell you shooting a stock that doesn't shift, crack or in any other way "F-up" your shooting for the day, you need to get one to really see the difference.

They're trying, but believe me the demand is slowing things down.

On the other hand what gunfighter is saying is always true too. I know you're pissed, but go out with the money you have and buy rounds to practice with. Spending money on a good field/shooting course is also a solid investment in yourself. Without doing that, you'll never even notice the difference a really great stock can make. I'll also back his idea of HS/P stocks. A good deal of money, but very solid. I'm not knocking who you bought from, but, the long range craze hasn't slowed down in over ten years. If they come up with another excuse and you really do need a better stock now, it's time you got a refund and bought an available upgrade.

If you are like some on here that order big name products to turn around and sell it for a profit, then, IMO the wait is justified. I hope you aren't one of them. </div></div>

This is a tread about not getting what i payed for and i will not back down,why is that so hard to understand?
An upgrade cost more (stock) and i've waited to darn long to give up.

If i don't stand up ,or we don't stand up then someone else will be fooled.

And for the record,this is for me only and will not be sold.
Thanks

I have one rifle which is not a factory spec rifle. It was built locally by a friend. It has been reconfigured twice by that friend. It takes as long as it takes and the work has always been worth the wait, which while short, has always been worth the time involved.

I find that while I am shopping for a third rifle cabinet, and probably own at least twice as many rifles as I might be able to justify to even myself; very rarely are my needs unfilfilled by something to be easily found in a factory catalogue. There's just so much choice available that it's simply getting hard not to manage finding what will do the job just waiting for me on those pages.

This is not a jab at gunsmiths and custom builders. I covet their work right along with the next among you. They serve a valuable purpose, do good work, and clearly will have at least enough work to keep them occupied for the forseeable future. Rightly so.

Delivery delays are a measure of customer demand, rather then producer supply. You swim in those waters, you gotta accept that you're seldom alone.

So the question becomes one of actual need as opposed to perceived need. Simply put; how many of us absolutely can't get the job done, and well, with something you order from your dealer, rather than from a builder.

In my case, it's a rare occasion indeed, and the reason that is so is simple. I'm the one who has to make this work, not the rifle, and not the builder.

If you get out and shoot enough, it matters a lot less what you're shooting. You can get it done with most anything; and that's what being a marksman is really about.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Delivery delays are a measure of customer demand, rather then producer supply. You swim in those waters, you gotta accept that you're seldom alone.</div></div>
Horseshit, it's about bait an switch.

You give a person a delivery date stick to it, unless your shop burns to the ground, your hands quit, or you can't get the material, it's bait an switch pure an simple.

Many and I mean many venders will shove orders to the rear, just to supply XXX. I know that for a fact because I know some guys it happened to. Then when I started digging around I found the guys that got pushed to the front of the line. One guy I know had a receiver ordered for over a year, an the date kept getting extended, done some digging and found 35 of those items were built an shipped to XXX and their order date was just at the time his was to ship. Dug deeper and found a bunch of other guys that were in that same boat.

They know what their doing an think no one is smart enough to find out, while the poor customer is chasing that carrot an stick.

Try this on for size 2 guys order XXX rifles they are CC billed for an being packaged to ship. Remember cards are billed, then XXX gets a call from Team Y, we need three of ZZ for a special event, two to use an one to give away. Those two that were paid for by no names where shipped to team Y with a give away. When you bill a card, send a tracking number via e-mail, then try to pass off some horseshit story, that story you told might get a second look.

Bottom line, you give a date, stick to it. If it was not for the fact they owned up when caught, and did want the customer thought was right because of their actions I'd out the fucks.

<span style="color: #660000">I'LL STOP POSTING HERE FOR NOW SINCE THERE ARE PROGRESS IN THE MATTER.
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUTS.
THANKS.</span>

I personally never take a quote on time seriously when dealing with custom made items, because many things can happen that would prolong or speed up that time. For example, I was given a quote on a custom stock, 6 months for a new production model, I would get the first one out of the mold. It has now been almost a year (ordered last august), and I have not received my stock. Do I want my stock? Hell yeah I do. Am I angry? No, because I know that a quote doesn't mean anything, I knew when ordering the stock that it was going to be a long wait, and it was a wait I was willing to take.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rusty815</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I personally never take a quote on time seriously </div></div>
Guess the America/world I grow up in is in fact dead. Glad the bulk of my time was with folks you could look in the eye, shake hands with an never have to ink anything. Having a missed date long ago happened as well, but the supplier would contact an give cause as to why. Then again if the customer is good with that, I'd supply names first as well. Keeps the product on the front lines, adds money to my coffers and allows me to really be the boss of who gets what when. Then again with all the folks that want my product, fuck the whiners. Who are they to hold me to my word!

Actually you're using the term "bait and switch" incorrectly. A bait and switch is when product "X" is promised and then product "Y" is given with some excuse such as "X" isn't made any more or out of stock.

Delayed time frames are nothing more than that. Now perhaps customers should be given outlandish time frames and then when the product comes in weeks or months earlier, they're much happier. To ask for an "estimate" on when the product will be complete and then expect that "estimate" to equal an exact date is, to me, unrealistic. Now granted, 2-4 months turning into 7 is starting to get very unacceptable, there are other factors besides a factory "burning to the ground" to prevent orders from coming out.

The beautiful thing about the USA capitalistic society is it's about supply and demand. If you buy something and don't like the service and/or product, don't buy from again. We all vote with our wallet.