• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Longmont CO

DJ 480

RECON
Minuteman
  • Sep 25, 2011
    gonna be moving to Longmont here in the next month looking for some areas/ranges to shoot

let me know whats out there

thanks
    DJ

Wow, I'm surprised nobody has responded to your request. There is an indoor range east of Longmont that has a 100 yd range as well as a 25 yd range. LowLight, (the owner of SnipersHide) teaches a long range class at this range.

Outdoor clubs in the area are full and have a long waiting list. For long range shooting there is the Pawnee Grasslands way east of Ft Collins for the Colorado Rifle Club way east of Denver.

Last edited:
    If I'm not mistaken, there's also a 1600 yd ( or something like that )range there too. A few months ago, while up in Colorado visiting my bro, Frank just so happened to be teaching a class at Longmont. I had had every intention of taking it while there, even contacting the owner of the class ( the guy besides Frank ), but my damn scope took a shit on me and I was left optic-less. I'm still kicking myself for the ordeal that stymied my trip to that class. Oh well, maybe next time. Grrrr

The indoor club is Triggertime, TriggerTime Gun Club this is the club that the long range classes are taught.

OP, in Weld county you can shoot your own targets out at Pawnee Grasslands, or there are a few clubs that are open to the public. In Briggsdale, there is a club and you can shoot rifle, pistol and shotgun for $15 a visit. Home Page

Great Guns is another public range. With shooting out to 300yds. Wind as with anyplace in Northern Colorado can be an issue. Chaffee County Range, is an all steel range open to the public. From Longmont it is a drive, but well worth your time. I'm in Erie always looking for someone to shoot with.

There are steel shoot at a few different range on different Saturday.
    Shooting Sports and Events

I hope the info helps. There are some good smiths, a great barrel maker in our area.

thanks for the reply all if anyone wants to go shoot let me know I just got stationed down here and work out of longmont at the army recruiting station, I live in Thornton and would love to go out with some people and learn some areas to shoot. shoot me a message if anyone is down.

thanks
    DJ

can you guys give me the info for a good smith to do some work on a bolt gun (blue printing, re chambering things of that nature) in our area I would appreciate it

thanks
    DJ

The gunsmith at Trigger Time Gun Club, east of Longmont, is known to build accurate rifles.

If you want to have a Rem 700 action trued and new barrel installed, you might check out the Long Rifles Inc Group Buy on this forum.

Thanks for the help really want to stay with a local smith

Frederick, CO here. I've been shooting at Great Guns in Nunn and at occasionally Camp Fickes in Bailey. I just heard of the 1000 yard range at Pawnee, so I plan on shooting there this weekend.

I'm not from Longmont area but I'm shooting at trigger time today and have shot there in the past. Trigger time is a great range, all indoors and the staff is very nice and they even have a nice little gun/accessories shop too.

Also if anyone from the area knows where I could go in the Longmont or Westminter area to find any reloading components , that would be great. I'm really looking for some cfe 223. I know , I know, I could probably have better luck finding a yeti up in Estes park today but if anyone knows where I could look, I would greatly appreciate it.

Adam at Mile High Shooting Supply can hook you up with the work as well. Mile High is well worth the stop to check things out. And just put in an Application at Colorado Rifle Club. It's the best range around and worth the drive. I drive out there from Mead (between Longmont and Loveland) and don't mind the drive for what they offer. There's a long range match there the 4th Saturday of the month. Other than that you're headed to Pueblo or Raton for long range matches. There's some talk about a match in Douglas, WY but info on it is a lacking at this point. The Grasslands are nice but you have to hump your targets out by foot. At CRC you can drive them out on the 550 yard range and there's a 1000 yard range available but you can't setup targets as different distances like you can at the 550 yard range.

Its true, pawnee sportsmans center in Briggsdale now has steel out to 1000 yards. Joined with the wife last weekend so she could ring steel!
    $175 per year family membership with access 7 days a week. otherwise only open to the public Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
    no humpin steel anymore! Its still a little rough, but great setup. Triggertime has a cap on memberships. Patrick at Triggertime is a good smith too.

Its true, pawnee sportsmans center in Briggsdale now has steel out to 1000 yards. Joined with the wife last weekend so she could ring steel!
    $175 per year family membership with access 7 days a week. otherwise only open to the public Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
    no humpin steel anymore! Its still a little rough, but great setup. Triggertime has a cap on memberships. Patrick at Triggertime is a good smith too.

Thanks for the info on PSC, may be worth joining for the 1K yd. steel. Also +1 on Triggertime and Patrick Jones, he built me a tack driving .260.

Go on out on the 4th Saturday for the LRP match and bring your .308. Shoot the match either in the morning or the afternoon or both and then scope out the range to see what you think. You just can't shoot a lot without a member, but you can shoot the match. There's a thread here with all the details. I'd find it for you but I'm on my phone.

Its a bit of a drive from longmont (probably 1.5+ hours) Otto Road Shooting Range
    Its a pretty nice range for only $75 a year. berms out to 700, I have heard rumors they are going to add berms out to 1000, but not sure if that is true or not.
    I am there at least once a week, and almost always have the range to myself.

Its a bit of a drive from longmont (probably 1.5+ hours) Otto Road Shooting Range
    Its a pretty nice range for only $75 a year. berms out to 700, I have heard rumors they are going to add berms out to 1000, but not sure if that is true or not.
    I am there at least once a week, and almost always have the range to myself.

So speaking of which... Have you shot their Hunter/Tactical Steel Rifle Match? If you have, what are your thoughts?

So speaking of which... Have you shot their Hunter/Tactical Steel Rifle Match? If you have, what are your thoughts?

I have... only the one on wednesday nights, I have not done the one on the last sunday of the month. The couple of times I have gone It was pretty fun, we need more people and I think it would be better. Last time I went there were only two other guys shooting tactical. The time before that, I think there were six of us. Shane from thunder beast arms beat me by 2 points. I have heard that there are more people on the sunday shoot, and it is a little more serious competition, but like I said, I have never been to that one. I think that it has great potential, With maybe some more experienced tactical shooters, (I am a noob, only had my rifle since march) It could turn into a really fun shoot in this area. I really like the range since Hank and Dee took it over, or the regulators left, or whatever happened there. They are continuously making improvements and adding more too it, all the time. Which is awesome, because its only 8 min from my house.

I have... only the one on wednesday nights, I have not done the one on the last sunday of the month. The couple of times I have gone It was pretty fun, we need more people and I think it would be better. Last time I went there were only two other guys shooting tactical. The time before that, I think there were six of us. Shane from thunder beast arms beat me by 2 points. I have heard that there are more people on the sunday shoot, and it is a little more serious competition, but like I said, I have never been to that one. I think that it has great potential, With maybe some more experienced tactical shooters, (I am a noob, only had my rifle since march) It could turn into a really fun shoot in this area. I really like the range since Hank and Dee took it over, or the regulators left, or whatever happened there. They are continuously making improvements and adding more too it, all the time. Which is awesome, because its only 8 min from my house.

Good news! I'll take it as a sign of approval that Shane shoots there. I've been looking for other options for LRP type matches since WHAC range closed down here.

Dave Sullivan at Westwind Rifles in Erie

+2 for Dave Sullivan. He is a great person and gunsmith. Been in the business since the late 70's. He built me a .308 that shoots better than my 6.5CM built by a different smith from out of state....wish now I'd a had Dave build it for me. :/

+2 for Dave Sullivan. He is a great person and gunsmith. Been in the business since the late 70's. He built me a .308 that shoots better than my 6.5CM built by a different smith from out of state....wish now I'd a had Dave build it for me. :/

I took your advice and took my steyr in to have the barrel cut down ans threaded, I should have it next week, I will let you know how it turned out.