• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Longshot Rifles, inc

Re: Longshot Rifles, inc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He'd be firing his wife then jasonk!!!!!</div></div>

I assumed that, but you've got to do what you've got to do if you plan on making a living. </div></div>

I agree with ya bro!!!

I know that i'm not the one here out $$$ with LSR,but maybe you should give the guy a chance to regroup.
i understand that he just moved to a different location.
Not trying to take sides here,just saying.
I've been stiffed before by another smith,i know where your coming from,specially now days with money being tight and all.

Look guys, I thank you for trying to help, I emailed Chris this morning in regards to mailing my stuff before I posted here. I also told him that If he makes it right with me, I will do my best to make it right here even though I know it might be hard. Once again I am trying to make peace because I am not trying to ruin a guys life over some gun parts, I just want what I paid for.

Thank you all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How long does it take a guy to regroup??? This is a 26 MONTH timeline.</div></div>
I waited as much as 3 years for a build to be completed from a good smith.
Trust me,i know how you feel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look guys, I thank you for trying to help, I emailed Chris this morning in regards to mailing my stuff before I posted here. I also told him that If he makes it right with me, I will do my best to make it right here even though I know it might be hard. Once again I am trying to make peace because I am not trying to ruin a guys life over some gun parts, I just want what I paid for.

Thank you all.</div></div>

You're a bigger man than me my friend! If I was screwed out of the kind of money you are and got the response LSRchic gave, I'd blow a vessel!

Now that this is hashed out. Anyone know a good local Northern
IN gunsmith??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now that this is hashed out. Anyone know a good local Northern
IN gunsmith?? </div></div>

Try A.J. Brown in Bloomfield, IN I know it's not Northern Indiana, but I have never heard anything other than A+ reviews about him. He is a member here and close enough to drive down and kick in the butt if needed
smile.gif
If you do a search on him here you will see lots of good things. I have talked to him a few times at the Indy 1500 I can't decide if I am going to have him or C. Dixon do my next build for me. Of course I have to decide what I want first. Hope that helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks i appreciate the info</div></div>

Your are welcome. Glad I had helpful info for someone here rather than just reading and trying not to ask dumb questions. If I decide to use a 700 action for my build it will definitely be heading to A.J. He built sniper rifles for the Seals for like 20yrs so I'm told. I think that is pretty cool, and he couldn't be a nicer guy. If I do a model 70 action I think I might send it to C. Dixon. I like what I've seem him do with them. I'm sure A.J. could do the same even though I never takled to hime about a M70.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bryan27</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look guys, I thank you for trying to help, I emailed Chris this morning in regards to mailing my stuff before I posted here. I also told him that If he makes it right with me, I will do my best to make it right here even though I know it might be hard. Once again I am trying to make peace because I am not trying to ruin a guys life over some gun parts, I just want what I paid for.

Thank you all.</div></div>

You're a bigger man than me my friend! If I was screwed out of the kind of money you are and got the response LSRchic gave, I'd blow a vessel! </div></div>

We will see, as of now still no reply here or via email.

I helped Chris move out of his original shop in April 2009. At the time he was building me a rifle for my first prairie dog trip. I can tell you he was having a tough go back then. It had nothing to do with gunsmithing. I believe he got screwed over on a some farm ground, I didn't get into that much detail it was the first time I had ever met him. I can say it was pretty tense around there, and I got the feeling some bad shit went down. I had him do a little repair work last fall, and bought a personal rifle off of him last June. And now he's moved again, so I am gonna say he is still trying to get his finances and life squared away.

I am not saying what has happened is okay. I am self employed and running a business is tough work when things are good, not to mention when life goes to shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Icallem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">redx,
Anything yet? </div></div>

Not yet, still no replies.

redx,

At this point, I really don't think you're going to get a response!! Thinking you're going to have to take legal action to get your components/money.

Also at this point, do you really want him to build your rifle??With your issues with LongShot, I would bet his best work would NOT go into your rifle!!!

Hi guys, I'm new here and I too have 2000.00 in a rifle build over a year old from LongShot. He e-mailed me back in Oct. but has not answered any new e-mails. Does anyone know for sure weather or not he is still in business.

Thanks,

As of today he has not replied to my emails, phone calls or the IM I sent him from here. I have tried to do the Honorable thing to let him save face and his business but it is getting to the point where "IT IS WHAT IT IS." I don't want him to build my gun, I have asked him to mail my parts, he has refused to mail my stuff so if it acts like a crook, looks like a crook, must be a crook.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who brought the marshmallows?
grin.gif

flamethrower-754684.jpg
</div></div>

Bring on the Flames.

Hey partner let me say first, thank you for your service. Chris just e-mailed me back and I shall wait and see what he does before I judge him. But I will post it one way or another and let you know what happens.

I believe Chris can do all that we expect him to, but will he do it is the question.

I await his response,

Best wishes,
Paul

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hey partner let me say first, thank you for your service. Chris just e-mailed me back and I shall wait and see what he does before I judge him. But I will post it one way or another and let you know what happens.

I believe Chris can do all that we expect him to, but will he do it is the question.

I await his response,

Best wishes,
Paul </div></div>

Sent you an IM on some bad news.

Hi redx, yeah I just got a e-mail from Chris saying that he is filing chapter 7 bankruptcy. I replyed to your IM, sorry to hear about your deal.

Bankruptcy? Beautiful! Can a guy at least get his parts back?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nieko</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bankruptcy? Beautiful! Can a guy at least get his parts back?
</div></div>

I doubt he still has them. Probably built other rifles on the parts to generate revenue or sold them outright.

I spoke to my Lawyer when I was going through the same thing with Lawton. He told me the cost to persue was going to far exceed the money I was out due to it being out of state.

Good luck.

PAD

Did he say when he was filing, or where? I did a quick and dirty docket check and there are no cases pending in Mo. with his name???

Jeffvn

Guys, I only live a couple of hours away from Chris and if he is willing and has any of your stuff, I'll go and pick it up. While I had some issues with the rifle he built for me, I always found him to be approachable.
If you can work anything out with him let me know and I'll help any way I can.

PAD Thanks I dig deeper and see what I find.

If he did file in December, its too late to get get your stuff. You will need to get court approval before you can do anything once he files the case.

Jeffvn

Well I will wade in the pool too. I just went through an unbelievable ordeal with Chis.I had him do a build a year or so ago and went well. Called back and asked to re-barrel a rifle and other work for me and told me he could do it right away. He called me a week after receiving the rifle and said it was a couple of days out and wanted payment. Paid and after three weeks later nothing so I attempted to contact with no luck for another week and thought he left the country as the rumor was going around he had closed shop. I then contacted the Morgan county sheriffs department to get any info and I was not the first in line. To make this story shorter I finally got Chris to respond to e-mail only and gun was finally sent to me. Here is the good part as he sent the rifle unprotected Parcel Post. The stock was not only beat up from shipping it looked as if it was used as a hammer before being shipped as other various dents and dings could not been done through shipping.I took the rifle out today and it shoots like it looks. I have never seen anything like this in my life. Personal problems or not what happened to me was absolutely uncalled for. I just wish I had seen this posting earlier and saved myself the anguish and money totally wasted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke to my Lawyer when I was going through the same thing with Lawton. <span style="font-weight: bold">He told me the cost to persue was going to far exceed the money I was out due to it being out of state. </span>

Good luck. </div></div>
I can certainty see this.
But one question came to min that I wondered about. Wouldn't ATF be interested in this person (an FFL holder) having <span style="font-weight: bold">received firearms that were not his from customers</span>, and then sold them to others as part of his bankruptcy, or at least not returned them to their rightful owners?

It is difficult for me to even begin to fathom his thinking?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark Housel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke to my Lawyer when I was going through the same thing with Lawton. <span style="font-weight: bold">He told me the cost to persue was going to far exceed the money I was out due to it being out of state. </span>

Good luck. </div></div>
I can certainty see this.
But one question came to min that I wondered about. Wouldn't ATF be interested in this person (an FFL holder) having <span style="font-weight: bold">received firearms that were not his from customers</span>, and then sold them to others as part of his bankruptcy, or at least not returned them to their rightful owners?

It is difficult for me to even begin to fathom his thinking?

</div></div>

I'm going out on a limb here and may very well be wrong. In fact I probably am but bear with me.

The BATF's (broad general terms) is a Federal Agency tasked with the oversite/enforcement of regulations regarding firearms, explosives, alcohol, and tobacco.

In my mind they would show interest in a case like this if the alleged were to take a private owner's firearm and sell it to say a straw man, felon, or member of Alqueda.

If the alleged sells the rifle/parts to another FFL or private owner and records the transaction/files the appropriate paperwork (4473) then they really don't have much say in it.

The issue of the rightful property owner becomes a civil matter. It may very well belong to its rightful owner. Remember though all the alleged has to do is dispute it and its then locked until arguments in front of a judge are made and he ultimately decides the outcome.

A painful process that in the long run may/may not be worth it. If it's a $300,000 Prazzi shotgun its pretty black and white what a guy's going to do. Are $1200 in parts worth the brain damage for a guy living 5+ states away? For most probably not.

Chitty deal, but that's how it goes unfortunately.

Hope it all works out for you guys.

C.

Well i will join in this mess. I too have sent $2000.00 to chris last feburary, have e-mailed him several times and called several times with no response. This is my first build and i thought i researched him fairly well. all i got was good reviews at the time
I guess that didnt work!! any ideas what to do. I even sent him more money than he asked for. asked for 1800 and i sent 2000. He needs a tip, well i got one for him, what goes around comes around.

Global searches are not showing spit for where he filed. Anyone actually have a case number or what state he supposedly filed bankruptcy in?

JeffVN

Reminds me of a gunsmith a friend of mine dealt with in Rapid City, SD. Buddies stuff had been there for over a year for a simple rebarrel that he was quoted 30-45 days. He wouldn't answer phone calls or e-mails and also would not take calls from First Stop Gun. (We used their phone to see if he was just jacking my buddy around)

Since we knew where he lived, we waited until we saw him go into his shop. Once inside we pulled up, went inside and demanded his parts and deposit. Amazing how quickly the guy turned everything over with a two against one deal.

Once he had parts and cash back in hand, a quick drive up to Spearfish was made and he had Matt Strickland put the thing together. Had it back in a week...

This was before either of us knew about Chad Dixon. If we had known about him, then Chad would have received the parts for the rebarrel.

just called that lawfirm,and they say he hasn't paid them anything to represent him and to be honest the guy seemed pissed and shocked that he was getting called about this, he said i was the 10th or so person to call today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jacack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just called that lawfirm,and they say he hasn't paid them anything to represent him and they aren't to be honest the guys seemed pissed and shocked that he was getting called about this, he said i was the 10th or so person to call today.

</div></div>

WINNING!!!!!!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you do a M70, check out Mark at short action customs. </div></div>
+1

Let this thread die.

called that place, they are not representing him as he hasn't paid them either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jacack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">called that place, they are not representing him as he hasn't paid them either. </div></div>

Maybe we can get them to represent us to get our stuff back

I had something like this happen to me several years ago although it was not a gun but, if you use the postal service to send payment to the person and he stiffs you, it is considered postal fraud. This is a federal offense. Go talk to your post master at your post office and he can give you the papers to file. I got my money back but has taken several years to do. Apparently you don't get paid to great in the hokey.
My brother in law is a postmaster, thats how I found this out.