• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision Look out, piggies...

jawjatek

Private
Minuteman
Oct 4, 2011
Georgia
... Papa Joe is coming for you!
CDY_0149.jpg

Just ordered a TNVC PVS-14 weapon kit, torch pro, and 3x magnifier to go on my SPR behind an Eotech EPS3. Happy birthday to me!! Have 77 Sierras and Barnes 70 TSX to load up and test while I'm waiting the 3-4 week lead time. At my deer lease in middle GA, I am getting 100-200 hogs pics a week on a certain trailcam by a feeder. Lots of hogs but I rarely get a shot in the daytime. This rig should tilt the odds a bit in my favor. (no, I don't shoot deer at the feeder even though it is legal, but feral hogs are quite another story, mmmmm hmmmm). Now I just need a helmet and a IR laser to complete my hog eradication gear. Butcher shop nearby only charges $65 to process the whole thing including field-dress, just choot 'em and throw 'em on the truck and take them to the shop; pick up fresh wrapped porky goodness in 2 weeks. Last one I shot made the BEST whole-hog breakfast sausage I have ever eaten. Lots of ag in the area, peanuts, soybeans, etc, so these pigs are healthy and fat.

Re: Look out, piggies...

This one came out when still light last season; this is the sausage pig. I hurt myself getting her on the dang 4-wheeler by myself.
pig1.jpg

Hopefully this bad boy is still around. Never saw him in the daylight last season. Opening day is Sat... I'll lurk for him in the day and get me a hog at night. Not sure when I'll sleep. Oh, yeah, forgot to say there's a zillion coyotes singing about at night that need some love, too.
buck2.jpg

Thanks for the business. We appreciate it. You are now "in the hopper". All of you here at The Hide have been keeping the build team jumping over the last few weeks! It's a fun time watching the systems go out the door. We appreciate you all and hope that, like Papa Joe, you are out there giving them hell!

What part of GA? 65 bucks is a good deal, I could tell you a helluva story about some farm raised pigs from around Forsyth and these idiot friends butchering all weekend long on FOUR oinkers.

The pigs aren't running off your deer at all?

Jawjatek is North of me. Our property is outside of Waycross on the West side of the Okeefenokee. Most of the deer stay away from the feeders, if the pigs or bears are on it. We have gone to feeding deer by broadcasting our areas and, of course, food plots. The deer will jump on the broadcast corn and stay away from the pigs. Other than that, there is some competition for acorns but, we haven't noticed any degradation in numbers or quality of the deer.

Wow, those look like some nice porkers on the game cam!!!

Sounds like you all are having a great time, don't worry about wiping them all out, you won't!!
shocked.gif

Oink - Oink!!!
grin.gif

This end of the lease has a cleared area by a swampy drain, is scrubby with briars and persimmons, and only 2 yearlings were using the feeder all last season. Hogs ruled it. I never got a buck or any mature deer at all on the feeder cam. The other end of the lease is wooded with tons of acorns/oaks mixed with pine thickets and is where the deer are. We rarely see a hog up in there, but they do show up on cams sometimes. I see good bucks every year but haven't connected on a real good one yet, just a couple nice ones. I did miss a 150+ incher that was later killed on a nearby club. He was a brute, but my shot hit a small tree and he got away. I killed an old buck last year that was nearly 200 lbs, but his rack wasn't very good. It had a lot of mass though.

This is Taylor County south of Butler, GA. Hog processor was Fuller's Deer Processing in Geneva GA. Hope he's still cheap. I figure if I field-dress and get 'em on ice they will be OK until morning, esp if the weather is cold this year. I don't mind doing it myself, and am pretty good at it, but I'd rather take it to the butcher and spend my time relaxing in camp with a cigar and a beverage.

Have nvg's and weapons.....will travel for piggie kills...lol

Looks like you're about to smack em and stack em!!!

There is absolutely nothing more fun than shootin pigs! Except for running them with dogs. If you havent had a chance to do this yet, please do. It is the most primal, adrenaline rush event I have ever experienced.

Slippery slope! I predict a handheld thermal unit in your future. Night time pig hunting is a terribly addictive, fun and expensive hunting habit. Good luck!

Thanks, and you are right! I'm already calculating what I need to sell to finance Thermal faster. Looks like my killer collection of vintage guitar amps is going to have the herd thinned.
cool.gif

Still patiently waiting for my 14. No biggie as I'm currently hard after a good whitetail buck and the rut is kickin' in. Win model 70 in .270 and day optic is all I need right now, though a 14 would help me find my dang tree stand at o-dark 30!