• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Look what showed up today

This would be a great replacement for the 16x fixed sightron I have on my 243 LBC. I meant it as a varmint rig but with this and some 100 grain partitions it would sure work good on bigger stuff. If only it was illuminated....

its 2013 if the scope doesn't come with a zero stop I am totally not interested. This scope appears to not have it once again.

Been on the hunt for a scope to pair up with my new 700 varment in 223. Think this may be the winner. Patiently waiting for some reviews.

Price point and features look right to me.

Look forward to a video review.

I've been waiting for this to come along. I'm looking at this for 1000 yards for my .308 Remington since I never really used over 15x anyways with my 25x scope.

Conditions suck today, but i figured I would try a few images through the scope for you all.

It's windy and overcast in some spots making it hard to keep the scope steady, but these are taken at 12x

SWFASS12x.jpg

SWFASS12x2.jpg

I'm not the guy to ask, too many people are far too critical of glass for my taste.

Personally I don't fret over any of the stuff I read when when people complain about the glass. I must be too focused on hitting the target to worry about a yellow or purple tint along the outer edge of the FOV, but people obsess over it.

In my opinion, it's well worth the cost. Doesn't look any different than a Leupold to me.

I'm not the guy to ask, too many people are far too critical of glass for my taste.

Personally I don't fret over any of the stuff I read when when people complain about the glass. I must be too focused on hitting the target to worry about a yellow or purple tint along the outer edge of the FOV, but people obsess over it.

In my opinion, it's well worth the cost. Doesn't look any different than a Leupold to me.

Could use this:

http://accurateshooter.net/targets/usaf1951.pdf

and compare it vs. a couple other scopes in that price range. Would give people a good benchmark to go off.

Could use this:

http://accurateshooter.net/targets/usaf1951.pdf

and compare it vs. a couple other scopes in that price range. Would give people a good benchmark to go off.

complete waste of time it is 100% subjective and tells you only how well my eyes see the target. I have a astigmatism so your results will certainly vary.
Been down that road 10 years ago and it doesn't work.

I was just about to order the Vortex Viper PST 6-24 x50 FFp too. Looks like I'm going to hold off now. I'm anxious to hear what you guys think about it.

Ho-hum. I am sort of disappointed with this. I guess I will stick to saving up for another 5-20 HD model... Most likely. Hopefully the SWFA buying bug doesn't hit the last weekend of April!

Last edited:
Wow - lots of criticism here for a $699 FFP scope that almost no one has yet seen in person. I'm no SS nuthugger (haven't owned one yet, so I'm not emotionally invested), but this seems like a great mid-sized scope for a hunting rifle or rimfire trainer.

its 2013 if the scope doesn't come with a zero stop I am totally not interested. This scope appears to not have it once again.

I agree. Seeing as I'm in the market for a Sub $1000 ffp with in the 3-15 or 4-16 range, please show me some options for a scope that meets these basic requirements:
FFP
Mil reticle and exposed Mil turrets
Zero Stop
Proven record of good tracking
Glass that doesn't suck. Meaning better than the 4-16 viper PST

I'll be waiting patiently.

I really like the looks of this scope, but a weaver 3-15 comes in about 50 bucks more with illumination. I would like to see a comparison done of all the 600-1000 dollar tactical scopes.

How much extra would ya'll be willing to pay for a zero stop?

The SWFA 3-15x undercuts the price point of the Weaver 3-15x EMDR FFP (no zero stop) by roughly $100 and the PST 4-16x FFP (with zero stop) by roughly $200. Sure both of those scopes have illumination and the SWFA does not, but geez this looks like the new "great value" in the mid-range FFP variable market...

How much extra would ya'll be willing to pay for a zero stop?

The SWFA 3-15x undercuts the price point of the Weaver 3-15x EMDR FFP (no zero stop) by roughly $100 and the PST 4-16x FFP (with zero stop) by roughly $200. Sure both of those scopes have illumination and the SWFA does not, but geez this looks like the new "great value" in the mid-range FFP variable market...

Agreed. Honestly, it's going to have a hard time beating the glass on the Weaver, although I much prefer the Mil-Quad reticle of the SS. I shake my fist at 40mm objectives on this level of scope.

Agreed. Honestly, it's going to have a hard time beating the glass on the Weaver, although I much prefer the Mil-Quad reticle of the SS. I shake my fist at 40mm objectives on this level of scope.

40MM makes mounting a bit easier if you want to get it as low as possible. My guess is they did it that size so that it could use more of the same parts as the 299$ dollar lineup.

40MM makes mounting a bit easier if you want to get it as low as possible. My guess is they did it that size so that it could use more of the same parts as the 299$ dollar lineup.

I'm aware. The exit pupil on a 15x 40mm scope leaves a bit to be desired, and honestly, it's hard to get rings low enough to NOT clear a 50mm objective on a bolt gun with a rail. I've got TPS low or super low rings on a Remington 5r with a 20moa base and there's more than ample room for flip up caps. A 50mm would probably fit on the same rings.

It was no doubt a cost saving measure. I won't pass any judgement until I get my hands on it, but I'm sure it'll be pretty awesome for the price. The SS stuff (IMO) generally is. To me, the $200 jump into Vortex PST pricing would be worth it for 50mm obj, HD glass, zero stop or illumination, but I'm certain they had their reasons.

Soon I think all my rifles will have super snipers... My NXS keeps getting lonelier and lonelier.

This is what I have been asking for the last 2 years, 3-12 or 3-15 with a 40-44mm obj, ffp, mil/mil... THANK YOU SWFA!

I don’t care for the look of the upside down top hat turrets, but I will learn to love um. ;)

Now I know what my savage long action bulid will be getting for a scope.

can't say swfa didn't listen to us about what power scope we wanted.

Definitely will be a contender on my list. I'll need to have something in hand before September of this year, so I guess it will depend on how difficult they prove to be to get a hold if the initial rush to buy em! We shall see. I've had an experience with a fixed 10 SWFA and I wasn't impressed with glass quality, but all I hear is how good they are and that they are rugged. It will be used for an LE sniper/marksman rig, so it will have to be rugged and dependable, which SWFA has seemingly earned a reputation for from my research. This may be the scope that gets em back in the running with me, but we shall see. If it's not this, then it will probably be a Weaver or PST, but in all reality the FFP is not a huge deal out to 600yds or so and most likely a shot will be no longer than 100yds if it's in the line of duty. This will not require the zero stop for me, since I may very well need to dial down from zero for closer shots! It seems like it would fit the bill and be in the perfect mag range for what I want/need it to do. I think I'll probably skip the first batch to see what kind of reviews and problems they might have though. Then again, who knows, if my stock gets done....I may have to get something to put on it to shoot!

Ill buy one of these at the endof the month. I think it has potential for a good mid range optic. Ill toss it on my spst 223ai

I'd prefer the glass quality of the HD models or the newer SS 3-9, but for many purposes, having a lighter-weight scope that can be mounted super low and sells for this price point makes up for any shortcomings. The only turrets I ever used that absolutely needed zero-stop are the Compact NXS. Otherwise, I can read the markings and don't shoot in the dark. If that's what you need, don't complain, just pony up the extra cash for the PST or take out a loan and get an uber-scope. If you need to shoot in really low light then, again, be prepared to pay for it. As for the comment about SWFA having time to do R&D and release a new scope while people are still waiting (myself included) for the 1-6, that's nonsense. Like they were so busy developing this one they forgot to pay attention to the other. They probably had both scopes in the works for a long time. As most of us know, the 1-6 got delayed mostly related to manufacturing problems. The 3-15 almost certainly isn't made by the same contractor. And SWFA obviously made sure after the debacle not to repeat the same mistakes. From what I've read, there will be a stockpile of inventory on hand.

I just picked one up on a writers discount yesterday evening just before they closed.. it's something they have needed to make for a long time. I'm going to put it on my suppressed .308 folder this weekend and have at it, I expect good things based on initial review in the parking lot.