• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking at having a muzzle brake installed.

LuckyScott

Private
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2013
So Cal
Thinking about installing a muzzle brake on my Remington 700 in 7mm Remington Magnum. Supposed to help with recoil. Not really sure which one to use, but I do plan on having a gunsmith install it. Will have him thread the barrel and install it. Recoil is not a big issue, but I am trying to be a better shooter and it might help.
I do know some brakes are a bummer to shooters around you. Also, I have heard they can kick up dust if used in the prone position. I plan on shooting off a bench, but would prefer to not have to worry about impacting shooters around me.
Any suggestions on types that have worked well?

Re: Looking at having a muzzle brake installed.

I installed a JP Cooley brake and have had no complaints at the outdoor ranges I frequent nor any dust/dirt problems in the prone position. I'm shooting 308 and it helps get rid of any flinch you may have, builds confidence, speeds up follow up shots, and helps to see bullet impact on target. I used the large profile and now my 308 shoots like a 223. JP - Compensators - Bennie Cooley Signature Series

Attachments

• photo(8).jpg
    photo(8).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 44