• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking for 1-4 LPVO

jakelly

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2011
    Norman, OK
    Looking for some help. I’m looking for a light tough 1-4. I want a LPVO, I can see the advantage of FFP in 1-8, in a do all role, but I’m really looking for a do most optic. 0-500, tough, light, daylight bright, excellent FOV, true 1x, etc. I’m looking for a true 1x with reticle capabilities JIC. I’m a FFP Mil guy across the board, but I think SFP would be fine here. Just wondering if there are some older designs that are great if you require less. I’ve seen the USO and Steiners mentioned, really looking for top two tier quality.

If you ever run across one of the steiner military 1-4 optic it would fit your criteria. Not the current Steiner 1-4, but the one that euro optic blew out for $500 or whatever insane price a few years ago when it was discontinued. I have looked through one and it is has great glass, a simple but effect reticle, and seems extremely well built and tough.

Reactions: jakelly
    Honestly with the abundance of 1-6 scopes these days, I would go with one of them. 4 vs 6 is a big jump in power, having shot both. I havent shot an 8x lpvo, but 6 too me feels like enough to really start feeling like... at the expense of sounding silly, like you can do "scope things" instead of feeling like a magnified red dot.

Steiner 1-4...
    Or like people are saying, get a newer 1-6. Seems to be the new LPVO standard.