• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Looking for 1in tube scopes for a 22 Hornet

dang472

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 3, 2012
    Kingston, IL
    I'm looking for a smaller, lighter scope for a Ruger 77/22. I would like to use the 1" rings that came with it. I have a Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14 on another hunting rifle that works well for the price. I just came across the newer Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16x42. I've got 4 other Vortex scopes and they've been good to me. Any others I'm missing with finger adjustable turrets (can be capped), 1" tube, and 40-44mm objective? I know Leupold has some decent VX3 offerings but I've just not been a fan here recently.

I'll do a little research on the Zeiss. What size objective? I was hoping for a variable with a top end of probably 15-16x and an objective 44mm and smaller. Definitely want turrets to match reticle if it's applicable. $500 and under is my goal. The new Vortex Diamondback HP is one I keep coming back to, I just haven't been in the 1in market for so long, I didn't want to overlook something.

I have two of those little Weavers on rimfires and a triple deuce. If you want mil/mil and finger turrets it is tough to beat.