• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a 91/30 PU Sniper...where can I find a nice one?

The question is what are you looking for? I know you mentioned you are looking for one to shoot - but do you want an original or is a repro OK?

If you are looking for an original, the latest batch of refurbs coming out of Russia have just about sold out. Classic Firearms had 5 left on Monday. I suspect they are gone, but you never know. RGuns still has some of the earlier imports if you are willing to spend $800 plus shipping. Another option would be to go to the sales ads on Gunboards - they come up for sale frequently; there was one listed yesterday. I would assume that another batch will come in before long and go up for sale. The downside with these rifles is that you take your chances on bore condition. Most are fine, some are great, some are rough.

If you are looking for one that will be a solid shooter and are OK with a repro, Cabella's has been selling them, and you can also normally find them at AIM and SOG (if you have a C&R license). These rifles were made in Ukraine with original 91/30s and recent production scopes that were made in one of the factories that produced PU scopes for the SOviets during WWII. The scopes are very close in look to the originals and made to the same specs.

If you are looking to compete with the rifle, then there are other possibilities like restoring an ex-sniper.