• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes looking for a decent scope.

chriso

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2008
California
I'm looking for a good scope in the 500$ range... I have been out of a scope for awhile on my rifle (it had a mk4 but I had to sell it for financial reasons) So I'm wanting to get another scope for my .308 I would shoot regularly to 1000 yards. I'm not much in the know of the good deals out there these days so I'm looking for something good for the price. From my understanding their are a lot more scopes in the lower price ranges these days with good quality glass.

Re: looking for a decent scope.

I have heard a lot of good and bad about those scopes. If at all possible I would prefer something with variable adjustment 3-10 atleast,Mil Dot reticle and focal plane does not matter to me as Id rather have a good SFP scope than a OK FFP.

Give the weaver 3-10x40 tactical a whirl pretty good scope for 299$if the promo code is still good if not they are 399$(still well worth it imo)they are mil/mil sfp 1" tube scope is made in japan not china.....
Midway has them.

It seems that there are a lot of good and bad reviews about all the scopes in this price. I'm hearing the SWFA SS is better than the falcon menace but the bushy is better than this and that and It's just plain confusing. Maybe I'll try to get a used MK4 haha.

For the $500 and under range - I have a Falcon 5.5-25x50 and I routinely shoot out to 1000 yds with my .308. I am very happy with the scope for the price.

Got a M8 6x42 with German #1 sitting in the safe for $250......

Nikon, Sightron, and Weaver are the brands I'd be looking at in that range: in that order.