• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a Drag Bag

dlcarp

Private
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2004
Southern Indiana
I'm looking for a drag bag that a long rifle will fit in. The rifle is 53" long. Most bags are 48"-50" long.
Any ideas who might make one.
Thanks
Dale
US F/TR Rifle Team

Re: Looking for a Drag Bag

Triad sells a special run Eagle drag/mat that's extra long. It fit my .408 Windrunner at the time, which was 52" with the stock collapsed.

Hasgunwilltravel(Grand River Tactical) here on the Hide will make you a custom bag/mat combo. They're quite bitchin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hill billy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hasgunwilltravel(Grand River Tactical) here on the Hide will make you a custom bag/mat combo. They're quite bitchin. </div></div>
I don't know about bitchin but at very least the cats meow.

I think the Elberstock/McMillan drag bag will hold a rifle that long. I tote my 24" barreled .308 in one with room to spare. Not to mention with the fold out flap its big enough to pull double duty as a shooting mat in a pinch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Triad sells a special run Eagle drag/mat that's extra long. It fit my .408 Windrunner at the time, which was 52" with the stock collapsed. </div></div>

Here is the link to the bag Dogtown mentioned:

http://www.triadtactical.com/Extra-Long-HSRC-Drag-Bag-Olive-Drab.html

This case is the same as the Eagle HSRC with 6" of length added. If you put your muzzle in the crown protecting pocket in the case, it will hold a rifle up to 54" in length and 57" if you don't use the crown protecting pocket.

I have 5-6 left in Olive Drab.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hill billy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hasgunwilltravel(Grand River Tactical) here on the Hide will make you a custom bag/mat combo. They're quite bitchin. </div></div>
I don't know about bitchin but at very least the cats meow.</div></div>

Jed, they are bitchin, and you know it.

If you're looking for a mat/ bag, check out the Gallatti Elite shooters mat (55" interior length.)
I have the 48" ind I'm very happy with it.
These guys show it being in stock and 40% off their regular price since they're going out of buisness.

http://www.greenmountaintactical.com/ShoppingCart.asp

If you don't want the mat feature, or think you need more length, www.cstactical.com has the Tac Force 62" Stryker drag bag. I can't get the page to come up, but it's worth checking out.

There are certainly other good options, but if price is a factor (it was for me), I think this is hard to beat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hill billy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hasgunwilltravel(Grand River Tactical) here on the Hide will make you a custom bag/mat combo. They're quite bitchin. </div></div>
I don't know about bitchin but at very least the cats meow.</div></div>

Jed, they are bitchin, and you know it. </div></div>
Ok I may know it but I like words that don't bring us back twenty years, LOL.
With all kidding aside and no hard feelings towards triad Nicks bags are better, I have used both and sold one and it wasn't the grand river tactical drag bag, that I kept.

Thanks for the info and suggestions guys. I'll pass it on to one of the team members.
Thanks again and appreciate it
Dale