• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Looking for a fundamentals class in Ohio

ShortShooter1908

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2018
Central Ohio
I am looking for somewhere to get some coaching. I am a new guy that has read forums, watched videos, etc. At this point I think I have the basics. Which means I'm probably clueless. I need someone to make sure I'm not starting out with bad habits. Unfortunately, I work most weekends so that makes things difficult. I am thinking of touching base with Thunder Valley. Any other resources I could check out?

Tom Sarver at Thunder Valley gives classes. He is north of Zanesville and his range goes to a mile.

I shot there for the first time last weekend. Very nice range with elevation changes and some very tricky wind in the valleys. Had a chance to at least meet Tom, I am looking into some training there.

I'd be interested as well, and may be able to bring a couple other guys from WNY down in addition. Keep us posted!

Depending on where you are located in Ohio, you might want to check out bare arms in Ashland Kentucky if you are close to that region. Great group of guys

Depending on when the class is, I would be interested in joining. I emailed Tom last week about classes but haven't heard back yet

Depending on when the class is, I would be interested in joining. I emailed Tom last week about classes but haven't heard back yet
I'll be there for a PRS match the 14th of April. Tom is usually out on the range. If you don't hear back from him let me know.

I'll be there for a PRS match the 14th of April. Tom is usually out on the range. If you don't hear back from him let me know.

Thanks. I just finished putting my 1st rifle together so I need a fundamental class before I even think about doing a match.

Another vote for Apex. They just opened a large range in Ashtabula County with distances to 1,300 yards. Andrew has been teaching for years. Come check the place out at least on 4/8. He is hosting his first LR match that day on the new range.

Another vote for Apex. They just opened a large range in Ashtabula County with distances to 1,300 yards. Andrew has been teaching for years. Come check the place out at least on 4/8. He is hosting his first LR match that day on the new range.
Is the match full on 4/8? Also is there any schedule for the training classes. I would be interested in this, as its really close to home.

If you are willing to travel some, I don't think any place emphasizes and hammers in the fundamentals as much as Rifles Only does. It's an excellent place for those that are taking their first precision rifle course.

Reactions: Night Assassin
Depending on where you are in Ohio look up MALC training. They are giving a fundamentals class in Edinburgh IN, in April. The guy teaching the precision rifle is a really good guy. he was an Army sniper team leader before he got out.