• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a good reloading manual

Capt45

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2020
Kansas
I need specific 6mm ARC reloading manual that shows data for the smaller bullets (75gr) and up. What would be your recommendation"

So reloading data is interchangeable? I know that the brass share a lot of similarities.

It's very, very close and, not only will it get you in the ballpark, it'll get you at bat.

Like any other data, work up to what's safe in your rifle.

Hornady 11th edition cartridge reloading has exactly what you need. 6 mm ARC has different load data for gas gun and bolt action. Definitely pay heed to the gas gun data and do not exceed the recommended loads for gas guns, 58 gr through 110 Atip. Page 239 through to page 251...all the data you need.

Reactions: YotaEer
Thanks Mike and 45-90; I will buy the manual. I am running a bolt gun but thanks for the reminder about pressures.

Reactions: 45-90
The Hodgdon online reloading center has data for 58g-110g. All for free, you can even print the pages and build your own book

Reactions: Laseredge
So reloading data is interchangeable? I know that the brass share a lot of similarities.
No! The 6mm ARC and 6mm PPC are not the interchangeable in load data. I have the Hornady manual for both. There is about 7 grs different on max powder charges on average between the gas gun ARC & PPC, with completely different powders.
Get the Hornady manual, and get full potential out of the 6mm ARC....safety.

I need specific 6mm ARC reloading manual that shows data for the smaller bullets (75gr) and up. What would be your recommendation"
Hornady published free load data online
I would use this information to start and slowly work finding what works best for you.

Reactions: Capt45
For the last week I've been trying to find reload data from bullet manufacturere and powder company's. The Hodgdon online manual has good data, except for the bullet(s) I have in hand(75gr).
Very new to the 6ARC, as a matter of fact, I don't even have the rifle yet. Was supposed to be in hand last Friday, but the shop where it was to be delivered to was closed and then yesterday he was open until 1PM but UPS failed to get around before he closed for the day. Now, tomorrow the rifle should be delivered to the shop again and I will do the 4473 and be delayed. The last 7 or 8 firearm purchases for me have been delayed, usually for 2~3 hours and then released. This shop is about 55 miles from me so this could possibly cause me to drive over there tomorrow and Tuesday. What a CLUSTER!!

Hornady published free load data online
I would use this information to start and slowly work finding what works best for you.
I bought the online version of the complete 11th edition.

Nosler has load data online for free. Hodgdon was already mentioned.

One thing I do sometimes is do a Google image search for a particular cartridge. You may be able to find a picture of a page from a manual and save it.

Worth a shot.

Hornady, Hodgdon & Lyman are your current options & do quite well. We are wanting for more, though Happy to have what is currently available. Lyman is skimpy at best. Did I miss where you specified gas or bolt gun data?

Look forward Nosler embracing the 6mm ARC as I like there data offerings. Really sorry to see none of there components are 6mm ARC compatible:)

For the last week I've been trying to find reload data from bullet manufacturere and powder company's. The Hodgdon online manual has good data, except for the bullet(s) I have in hand(75gr).
Very new to the 6ARC, as a matter of fact, I don't even have the rifle yet. Was supposed to be in hand last Friday, but the shop where it was to be delivered to was closed and then yesterday he was open until 1PM but UPS failed to get around before he closed for the day. Now, tomorrow the rifle should be delivered to the shop again and I will do the 4473 and be delayed. The last 7 or 8 firearm purchases for me have been delayed, usually for 2~3 hours and then released. This shop is about 55 miles from me so this could possibly cause me to drive over there tomorrow and Tuesday. What a CLUSTER!!
Load data for 6 mm ARC 75 gr bullet...gas gun,.. bolt guns, have a bit higher pressure load data.

Attachments

• 20230917_205628.jpg
    20230917_205628.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 27