• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Looking for a LOOOONG LR308 FFT... The longest I've run into is 15"...

Controlled Chaos Arms

Gun Plumber
Minuteman
I'd prefer at least one that long or up to 5" longer if possible. Anybody have a source for something like this?

I have a specialty 6.5CM project and I need a tough and long FFT or rail for this application. Thanks in advance for the help.

~Michael

Jp Enterprises has one that's 15.5". Not sure if that's the one you're talking about, but that's the longest I've ever seen.

I used it on my .260 build last year. Barrel is 26" long, and IIRC something like .825" at the muzzle.
260_zps6c17c4db.jpg

I've made several carbon fiber and aluminum fft's and it's really simple.

that stuff helps. my concern is strength and flex... if i place an atlas out on the end of a 20" rail and my customer loads up the pod, will it flex into possibly touching the barrel or more like the gas block? hard to say really, as it depends on the part, the inside diameter, etc. so i'll just have to buy a few an try them out.

i appreciate the guidance folks. my thanks!

~michael