• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Looking for a place for a Bachelor Party

Chance

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2004
South, TX.
Hey Guys, I am looking for a Shooter Friendly place...Ranch/Lodge, to have a Bachelor Party at. I have a cousin who is getting married in mid Sept and It's looking like August for the party. I live in S. Texas and was thinking of someplace near San Antonio.

I'm just throwing this out here on the hide, to see if anyone has any suggestions. I want to keep the group down to about 5 guys; we will not be drinking; no women; and we don't have to hunt. Not looking for anything real fancy or expensive, but what we would like, is a nice comfortable place to stay in the country, with electricity, plumbing, and with a BBQ pit and a place to shoot out to a pretty good distance.

Thanks in advance,
Chance

Re: Looking for a place for a Bachelor Party

No women and not drinkin'. Doesn't sound like any bachelor party I've ever been to. How much fun could that be?
eek.gif

Good luck finding something.

Eddie

I was gonna suggest a bunny ranch but by the sounds of it its not a bachelor party its a wake....lol

Yes, and I'm sure plenty of others will offer similar advice.

In just under 3 weeks, I'll be celebrating my 40th wedding anniversary, and my Daughter and Grandkids will be there. I am very content to know that when my family asks me what my Bachelor party was about, I don't have to lie or obfuscate.

If you have to think twice about how you'll explain what you're planning to your 12 year old Daughter some years hence, maybe it's not such a great idea after all.

<span style="font-style: italic">Real</span> ife is a lot more about truth than is is about guilty pleasures. If you want to build a solid marriage, starting it out on a foundation of guilt and lies is kinda counterproductive.

Greg

Hope you find a place.

At my party, we shot guns for two days straight at a friends ranch. Everyone brought all the ammo and guns they could carry, and it was a good time. Been married 21 years
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Super Bee 950</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope you find a place.

At my party, we shot guns for two days straight at a friends ranch. Everyone brought all the ammo and guns they could carry, and it was a good time. Been married 21 years
smile.gif

</div></div>
what did the friend who owned the ranch have to say about bein shot at for 2 days??
smile.gif

JH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="font-style: italic">Real</span> ife is a lot more about truth than is is about guilty pleasures. If you want to build a solid marriage, starting it out on a foundation of guilt and lies is kinda counterproductive.

</div></div>

I agree but unfortunately most people don't seem to think that way.

The divorce rate in America for first marriage, vs second or third marriage

50% percent of first marriages,
67% of second and
74% of third marriages end in divorce,

according to Jennifer Baker of the Forest Institute of Professional Psychology in Springfield, Missouri.

The divorce rate in America for childless couples and couples with children According to discovery channel, couples with children have a slightly lower rate of divorce than childless couples.

Sociologists believe that childlessness is also a common cause of divorce. The absence of children leads to loneliness and weariness and even in the United States, at least 66 per cent of all divorced couples are childless.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, and I'm sure plenty of others will offer similar advice.

In just under 3 weeks, I'll be celebrating my 40th wedding anniversary, and my Daughter and Grandkids will be there. I am very content to know that when my family asks me what my Bachelor party was about, I don't have to lie or obfuscate.

If you have to think twice about how you'll explain what you're planning to your 12 year old Daughter some years hence, maybe it's not such a great idea after all.

Greg</div></div> That is some of the best advise I've seen in some time.