• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a shooting mat

Kirkd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2013
Greenwood, IN
I'm starting F-class this year. I'm looking for a shooting mat, but cant find one local, so I must buy one off of the net. I was looking at Voodoo tactical's mat as I've been happy with their drag bag. Any recommendations? Or ones I should avoid?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have both of Voodoo tacticals mats and love them. For the price they are hard to beat (amazon), but that being said there are many other larger mats out there (for bigger individuals) for 3,4 or 5 times the price. The Voodoo mats are well made and have taken a beating/abuse without falling apart. Thay are small and lightweight enough for attaching to my packs w/o problem. If you are looking for a high end mat (folding) check out crosstac.com.

I'd get a cheap Midway one so you can cut a hole in it for your rear bag so it doesnt have to wobble around on top of a foam mat. All the mat does is keep you clean and comfortable. If you would rather get a better one, look at Creedmoor sports, they are designed for high power. "Tactical" stuff is designed with a different mindset. IMO
Alex

+1 for the Crosstac Precision Long Range Shooting Mat, wider than most.

If you want package buy a TAB and nothing else. If you don't have to haul your gear far and will be shooting on concrete pads (which a lot of F-class ranges have) then buy something with a bit more padding like the midway mat.

I like

I like Midways' mat; price is right, size is right. It has the lip in the front so you can load the bipod against it. Holes for spiking it down with built in pocket for data book. Just about any upholsterer can cut, trim and sew the edges of a hole to custom fit your rear bag.
My son bought me mine for a stocking stuffer for Christmas. He said he used some on line coupons and got 20% off plus another coupon for free delivery. Smart kid that son of mine!
Good luck!

I have used several and like the Tactical Tailor (buddy has 1), but I recently received the crosstac mat and I am very impressed with it, would not hesitate to buy another 1. It is BIG, just the right amount of padding and very well made.

i've used the voodoo roll up one with the "wings" at the range and for hunting, they are actually pretty nice for the price. the midway one with the bi pod pockets is nice too. makes a nice bedroll too.
06-8406 Rollup Shooters Mat Voodoo Tactical - YouTube
Best Lightweight Shooting Mat to Buy - YouTube

i've been tinkering with this one:
Product - Shooters Gear - Deluxe Gun Case
VISM 48" Rifle Case / Shooting Mat FREE S&H CVSM2913D, CVSM2913T, CVSM2913B, CVSM2913G. VISM Soft Gun Cases.
NcStar Rifle Shooters Mat - YouTube
Military.pl - Condor - Sniper Shooters Mat.mp4 - YouTube
Galati Deluxe Shooters Mat - YouTube
which has alot of space / room, no outside pockets that make the mat lumpy, enough pockets to retain mags and dope cards without really getting in the way, and isn't going to break the bank. even if you don't carry the firearm in it, it's still not that bad as a mat only.

I got that one from midway and it works great. It is too big to pack around too far but it works great for shooting next to the truck.

It may not be the best or the biggest or the most whatever but I like the 3 section flat folding mat by Creedmoor.
I use it for Service Rifle league shooting at my club. It sure is nice to just pick it up and fold it over to carry out at the end of the day.
No more rolling the thing up after shooting. It isn't as compact as a roll up but it sure is fast and convenient. .

Crosstac precision mat. Why? It's 100% built in the USA with 100% USA materials. They answer the phone and respond to emails in record time.

All of that AND the mat is very well thought out. It's wide enough for a shooter and spotter. It has a bipod rail built in which I LOVE! And it's comfortable to lay on.

I'll get a video review done on it soon. Great mat!

Looked at the Crosstac site and video after reading this post. Looks great. Plan on buying one when I visit the US this spring.

Take a look at the cabelas mat.

Attachments

• 20140324_110526.jpg
    20140324_110526.jpg
    994.7 KB · Views: 24
I have the TAB, Triad padded and a Creedmoor Sports with extra padding. They all have their good and bad points and uses. If you are going to be on your elbows as in positional shooting and on hard surfaces, get the Creedmoor. Especially if your elbows are sensitive. I like the TAB to take hunting as it doubles as a ground cloth while sleeping or if the terrain allows prone, even sitting. If you are shooting on grass, dirt etc, the Triad is great, not to bulky or heavy and offers some comfort if needed. If I could only have one, the Triad would be it. The only thing to watch on the Triad is don't loose the straps, they will come off the retaining loops, I need to attach a dummy cord to each one. Keep in mind using a bipod/pack and rear bag isn't "on" your elbows. If you only need it for the range, the simple rifle case originally made by Eagle, the pack mat is great as well. The only issue is if it's really muddy, more than likely, your rifle will end up muddy as you get on and off the inside of it which is where your rifle goes.

Last edited: