• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Looking for barrel stub dimensions

reddog

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2010
KY
Is there a source for barrel stub data relating to chamber depth, thread length, diameter, pitch, etc. available? Would like to have them for Rem 700, Win m70, and Sav.
Dave

Re: Looking for barrel stub dimensions

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: racesnake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a source for barrel stub data relating to chamber depth<span style="font-weight: bold"> 1 </span>, thread length<span style="font-weight: bold"> 2 </span>, diameter, pitch, etc. available? Would like to have them for Rem 700, Win m70, and Sav.
Dave </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">1 & 2</span> will be receiver dependent depending on the case, receiver, bolt nose, etc.

General info on the R700 for Diam and pitch is 1.062x16 TPI

If I remember right the Savage is 1.06x18 TPI but that one I'm not as sure on, I haven't dealt with one for a while now.

Here are the specs. for a Win. Model 70. What Savage in particular are you looking for?
Winchester.jpg

Operator1...will the above model 70 drawing work for the newer controlled feed M70? In regard to which Savage - I guess I need the specs for the 10/110 receiver. Don't know a whole lot about the various Savage models.
Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: racesnake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Operator1...will the above model 70 drawing work for the newer controlled feed M70? In regard to which Savage - I guess I need the specs for the 10/110 receiver. Don't know a whole lot about the various Savage models.
Dave </div></div>

Is your action based on the Pre-64? I'll look and see if I have anything on the Savage 110.

No, it's the new version. Actually it's a FN SPR receiver that I have ordered from CDNN. It has an extractor like the old M70.