• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for Burris RT-6 owners.

RMS65

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2019
Hey there. I got a couple questions for those with Burris RT-6 lpvo. First what do you use for scope covers. Ordered a set of Butler Creek flip covers. The front is fine I can flip it down and it's out of the way. The back doesn't flip flat so it always obscures the view somewhere. Flipping it down interferes with this charging handle. What do you use for scope covers?

Next if I skutch up on the scope I can sometimes see a ring of Phillips head screws inside. I thought they were bubbles at first. It's probably normal as they are hard to see under most normal conditions. I thought they would have at least used black hardware to hide it better. Anyone else experience this?

Rotate the lens cover 90 degrees so it opens to the ejection port side

Are they the Element Butler creeks or the standard models?

The standard butter creek caps are 02A OBJ & 25 OBJ. They fit well but I don't like the occular cover (25 OBJ) because it doesn't fold flat. I'm tempted to return it. I'm only using the objective cover to keep the dust off as the gun stands against a wall most of the time.

I'm happy with my RT6. Sure, there are better scopes out there, but they cost more. I think for the money it's a good value