• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Looking for fixed blade Tactical knife.

SnkBit

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2009
Amarillo, TX.
I have looked until I couldn't stand to look any longer. I would like to see pictures of the knifes you guys have and what you like/dislike about them. I would also like to see the sheaths.

Re: Looking for fixed blade Tactical knife.

There are so many to choose from. I have two that I like. An Extrema Ratio and a MOD Mark V. I also like a Randal fighting knife and the Hide Fighter (Snipers Hide edition.). I'll post picks in a minute.
SmokeRolls
011.jpg

Here's the link at Randal.
http://www.randallknives.com/catalog.php?action=modeldetail&id=25

i got a glock fixed blade years ago and for 20 bucks its worked great when i needed it.

I like that Tops a lot, thats pretty close to what I'm looking for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SnkBit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, I kinda like that Randall knife.</div></div>
They are sweet knives, money is the only thing that seperates me from many of them........They only increase in value too.
SmokeRolls

I'm not really sure what a tactical knife is, but this is mine:

DSCF1561.jpg

Benchmade Nimravus Cub w/Kydex sheath with thumb release. It has a 3.5" blade and is a little less than 8" overall length. Very handy to have and carry all day.

Benchmade also makes a larger version called the Nimravus, with a blade about 1" longer.

Not knocking anybody's choices, but if I want to chop trees I have an hand ax, or cut brush I have a machete, I don't need to go all Rambo with a knife.

YMMV,

Bob

Blade length? tanto or Spear point? price range? Hell alot of unknowns. Jerry hossom retribution is a great piece, Striders from SLCC's , Mod 10 Mk1, EBLT. EBLTSS, GG, Tom krien makes a few nice "Tactical pieces". Mark terrell, Jesper Vox. and so on and so forth.

Busse, Scrap Yard, Chris Reeve, Microtech, Strider, Ontario, Bark River, Blackjack, shit you could even choose the old battle proven K-Bar. TONS of options out there. Try Blade Forums for any questions that you might have. Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not really sure what a tactical knife is, but this is mine:

DSCF1561.jpg

Benchmade Nimravus Cub w/Kydex sheath with thumb release. It has a 3.5" blade and is a little less than 8" overall length. Very handy to have and carry all day.

Benchmade also makes a larger version called the Nimravus, with a blade about 1" longer.

Not knocking anybody's choices, but if I want to chop trees I have an hand ax, or cut brush I have a machete, I don't need to go all Rambo with a knife.

YMMV,

Bob </div></div>

Bob I like that knife. I would want it without serrations for my use but it looks great.

Bob, that Benchmade is exactly what I was looking for. I'm not quite sure what a "tactical" knife is either but what else would you call it.

Ah just saw it was posted above. You can buy without serrations. It's 135 direct from benchmade, but you can find them for around 115.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not really sure what a tactical knife is, but this is mine:

DSCF1561.jpg

YMMV,

Bob</div></div>
Bob, that is a sweet knife and pretty good on the wallet as well. I would choose the non serated as well.
SmokeRolls

Check out Treeman knives. They make some very serious tactical combat knives. Not cheap but very nice. Saw some at a local gun store. Think i might get one.

A tactical knife is the one you'll carry.

ESEE because of the no questions asked warranty, and the prices are reasonable. I have an ESEE 4 that I love.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
YMMV,
Bob</div></div>
Now Bob, were men and men have to have things to go to war with even if war never happens. Hahahahahaha!
It's kinda like having Nuclear missles, you know you may never need it but if you know and your enemy know that you have one bad-ass bottle rocket in your back yard, they will pick on the other kid without the WMD's.
..............................SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael Aos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sheath leaves a little to be desired, but the Doug Ritter RSK Mk3 (built by Benchmade) is very nice.

rskmk3_20deg_red_sm.jpg

</div></div>

Here's my Benchmade fixed blade Griptillian:

jgo9ie.jpg

I think I paid around $75 for it new. Not too impressed with the sheath, but for $9, I bought a Kydex sheath kit, and as soon as I have 20 minutes to myself, I'm going to make my own (sort of a paddle holster design, but for a knife).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickbugs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.eseeknives.com/index2.htm

the best warranty in the business, extremely well made knives, very reasonable price. whats more to ask for
wink.gif
oh, they are great performers also, definately made to be used properly. </div></div>

Didn't these used to be called Ontario? I have an Ontario RTAK (Randall Training Adventure Knife)I bought a few years ago, and these look just like them.

Don't forget about Scrap Yard knives MUK model, match it with a Smashed Cat Sheath and your golden. Its not a classic "tactical" knife, but tactical to me means food prep as well as defensive cutting.

I have a gerber 3" double sided boot knife.

But I also have a 28" Rattan stick, it's my anti-knife defense.

IT sits in my truck, carry two in my Karate gear bag. We incorporated Escrima into our Shotokan a few years ago.

Knife fighting is like the last resort...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Semour Gunz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickbugs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.eseeknives.com/index2.htm

the best warranty in the business, extremely well made knives, very reasonable price. whats more to ask for
wink.gif
oh, they are great performers also, definately made to be used properly. </div></div>

Didn't these used to be called Ontario? I have an Ontario RTAK (Randall Training Adventure Knife)I bought a few years ago, and these look just like them. </div></div>

Ontario manufactured the blades, but they were designed by RAT (now known as ESEE). RAT decided to venture out on their own, for a reason unknown to myself (not that it was a bad decision, I just don't know why). Supposedly the blades are of higher quality now that they are manufactured under ESEE/RAT, but I have never owned an Ontario version, so I can't comment on that specifically. From my understanding though, Ontario wouldn't really come through for you if you did have a mishap with your blade. ESEE has a No questions asked warranty, and they mean it. I have heard cases of dudes who used their blades as a pry bar (obviously not what it is designed for) and broke them and had them replaced.

This is what I just got. It is from Swamp Rat Knife Works, Busse Combat Knife Company's spin-off. The company is run by Jennifer Busse, Jerry's wife. From everything I have read, they are Busse quality at a budget price.
RatSmallGreenBlk.jpg

Order info is here!

those are all beautiful blades would be a shame to mess up...i would go with the usa fav blade...

S6300927.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oguruma</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Semour Gunz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickbugs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.eseeknives.com/index2.htm

wink.gif

Didn't these used to be called Ontario? I have an Ontario RTAK (Randall Training Adventure Knife)I bought a few years ago, and these look just like them. </div></div>

Ontario manufactured the blades, but they were designed by RAT (now known as ESEE). RAT decided to venture out on their own, for a reason unknown to myself (not that it was a bad decision, I just don't know why). Supposedly the blades are of higher quality now that they are manufactured under ESEE/RAT, but I have never owned an Ontario version, so I can't comment on that specifically. From my understanding though, Ontario wouldn't really come through for you if you did have a mishap with your blade. ESEE has a No questions asked warranty, and they mean it. I have heard cases of dudes who used their blades as a pry bar (obviously not what it is designed for) and broke them and had them replaced. </div></div>

That's good to know. I've never had a problem with my RTAK, and I've pretty much beat the sh** out of it:
9uoxfq.jpg

I ended up removing the scales and polishing the coating off of the blade and tang, as it is easier to keep clean and rust free. It also seems the smooth finish helps when cutting/chopping through someting, or when splitting firewood. Maybe less friction, maybe just in my head. To me low maintenance is more useful than "non reflective".
I do hope that they come with a better sheath now, since the one mine came with looks like it was sewn together by a 3 year old in Malaysia.

Tactical ?????
I got nothin but love for ESEE (RAT Cutlery), Bark River and Benchmade. These are my regular woodsbummers. Simple, utilitarian, and built like a brick shithouse! ALL MADE IN THE USA!!!! The lil Vic folder is made in Switzerland.

IMG_3013.jpg

RAT RC5
ESEE -4
Bark River Aurora
Bark River Gunny
Benchmade 180
Victorinox Trekker

Gerber prodigy. Picked mine up for 46.99 and I couldn't be happier with it. Its a smaller version of the LMF and it comes with a excellent sheath.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A tactical knife is the one you'll carry. </div></div>

So are the flip flops that i am going to wear tomorrow "tactical" because i will wear them????

To the OP i carry the same thing as BobInNC when i was deployed, minus the camo pattern, and then there was a Hide Fighter, rather "big" to be carrying comfortably but a kick ass knife none the less

Best tac knife IMHO "STRIDER EBLT-SS"
Everything you want in a knife...

I always carry a folder but when I do carry a fixed also it's this one:

COLD%20STEEL%20SRK%20SAN%20MAI.JPG

If I had a complaint it would be that the grip material is suspect. I would prefer a G-10 or similar. But the steel and design are excellent for an all-around mid-sized knife.

Here's one that I really wanted, but missed out-on: http://www.nihonto.ca/omi-daijo-tadahiro-2/

To answer your question: I prefer straight-forward blades with quiet, straight-line temper lines, hira suguha hamon, and well-worked jigane showing strong utsuri. But then, that's just a personal preference - and probably influenced by my background. Which would explain why I am partial to works by Omi Daijo Tadahiro, the second generations of Tsuguhira and Tadayoshi, and the Yasutsugu school in general.

Thanks for asking. Good luck with your search.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oguruma</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Semour Gunz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickbugs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.eseeknives.com/index2.htm

wink.gif

Ontario manufactured the blades, but they were designed by RAT (now known as ESEE). RAT decided to venture out on their own, for a reason unknown to myself (not that it was a bad decision, I just don't know why). Supposedly the blades are of higher quality now that they are manufactured under ESEE/RAT, but I have never owned an Ontario version, so I can't comment on that specifically. From my understanding though, Ontario wouldn't really come through for you if you did have a mishap with your blade. ESEE has a No questions asked warranty, and they mean it. I have heard cases of dudes who used their blades as a pry bar (obviously not what it is designed for) and broke them and had them replaced. </div></div>

Rowen manufactures the knives for ESEE now, and their quality is top notch. I've got some Ontario RATs also, which were a good value for the money, but don't have a warranty.

One of my other favorite general use fixed blades is a Cold Steel SRK. I've got an old one in Carbon V. It's a handy size, shape and weight.

I've never held a Swamp Rat, but the photos in the link now have me thinkin' and wishin'.

I am really liking my Ka-Bar D2, have had it for a year now.
The hard plastic sheath it a must! the soft ones get shredded too fast.

Made In The USA!
grin.gif

100_7667.jpg

100_7670.jpg

100_7671.jpg

Check out the Zero Tolerance 0100. 5.75 inch blade, full tang. Great sheath made out of nylon with a Kydex liner that can be reversed or used by itself. Multiple mounting options with the sheath and good instructions. I posted a thread last week on it. Got a great price from GPknives.com.

Strider SA-L (S30V) with Gunner Grips, and it comes with a kydex sheath with Blade-Techs Tek-Lok mounting system.

CCWsStriderSA-LGunnerGripsgreenJune.jpg