• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Looking for gunsmiths that can make an AR10 barrel from Krieger blank

MDF99

Private
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
I have a heavy profile 358 cal Krieger blank that I was going to use for a bolt rifle build. I've been happy with a factory 375 bolt rifle so this blank has been collecting dust.

I'm considering having it contoured, chambered in 358 Winchester, extension fitted, headspaced to my Armalite 308 bolt and an undersized gas port drilled so I can tune it up.

Who are some gunsmiths that can perform this work?

I've contacted ASI and Krieger so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASI would be my first thought as they have done a TON of .358Wins over the years in both Armalite and DPMS pattern uppers and they are proven performers.

While I don't know if he's setup to offer the .358Win, you might check with Paul Craddock at Craddock Precision. Paul has built me and a few others I know some incredible AR-15 and large-frame AR barrels in the last year and his work and lead times are second to none. Paul has been in the industry a long while but he's only more recently swung out on his own, having formerly worked with the fine folks at WOA (just down the road from his place now). His website isn't the greatest, but here's a link with his contact info...worth a shout out to him to see if he is in a position to assist: Wix.com craddockprecision created by pa4444 based on pro-bistro

Good luck! Be sure to keep us posted on your progress.