• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking for info on mk4 ER/T 6.5x20 M5

watereddownevil

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
jax, fl
Have not been able to find much about this scope. Was it not in production very long? Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Hi.
I have two Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 6.5-20x50 M5 (MilDot and H-27) since 2011.
Briefly.
Good rifle scope.

Have not been able to find much about this scope. Was it not in production very long? Any insight would be very much appreciated.

What are you trying to determine? I'd imagine that quite a few of us still have some older Mk4s rattling around in our safes.

Well that's the problem this isn't a typical mk4 like I have as well . The M5 is the difference ( I'm guessing). I'm curious what scopes would be comparable , the glass quality and so forth. I couldn't even find it on luepold website .I found a video l but that's about . I know it's ffp and a push button locking elevation turret. I keep up on the comings and goings for the most part gear wise but this one got by me.thanks for the responses.

If you let us know very specifically what it is you'd like to know, then we can do our very best to answer your questions.

If the question is specific to the M5 variant of the Mk4, the "M5" is the turret style. The specifics of the M5 turret should be searchable. IIRC the M5 was fairly short lived because of complaints or problems or whatever which prompted a modification to the M5A2. I have the M5s on my Mk6 and Mk8, but will confess to not having used them enough to know what I'm not supposed to like about them.

I had the leupold mark 4 m5a2 (34mm) and the m5 tmr (30mm). What model are you aking about? PM me if you want a specific question answered. I felt both were great scopes. Optical quality was great, no issues. The build quality seemed better on the m5a2. If you do a search for the leupold m5a2, there is a great write up on it comparing it to the schmidt. The writer stated he thought the optics were better in the leupold. I know on this forum that is blastomy. I too thought the glass was superb.

I had the leupold mark 4 m5a2 (34mm) If you do a search for the leupold m5a2, there is a great write up on it comparing it to the schmidt. The writer stated he thought the optics were better in the leupold. I know on this forum that is blastomy. I too thought the glass was superb.

I have this scope and two SB PM II 5-25s. I absolutely LOVE the 34mm Mk 4 M5A2 TMR scope and never intend to sell it. Yes, it does have very good quality glass. However...to say that it is better than the SB's is, well....complete BS. I have set them both up side by side, with the SBs on 20x (because that's the max on the Mk4), and you can clearly see the SB image is better. NOT enough better to make any difference in hitting or missing a target, but you can spot tiny impacts on steel at ELR better with the SB, even when it's turned down to 20x. The Mk4 image is a little more "gray", like the difference between a clear day and a slightly foggy day, but that's a bit of an exaggeration as the image quality is still very good overall. This particular Mk4 is awesome, and tracks like a hound dog (which is the really important thing to me). I do not care for the locking turret because you have to apply force in two different directions at the same time to move the turret (push down with one finger and turn with other two). This makes it a little more difficult to "feel" the clicks because it's a bit awkward. But I like the rest of the scope well enough to still count it as a winner. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up another one for the right application.