• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for insight. Is my gun trash?

That m80 ball isnt known for being very accurate
No offense intended to the OP, but Winc. ball ammo does suck. I wouldn't shoot anymore of it until you have your issue figured out.

However, even the Horn. load is dismal IMHO from the POF... again no disrespect intended ... but wth.

I don't think it is the trigger puller... something is mechanically amiss in the rifle.

Exacto, It is obvious you can shoot, but could you tell as your bench setup, and how you are holding the POF rifle .. while at the bench ?

I do believe Large Frame AR's can have a different learning curve when compared to AR15's and Bolt Guns, maybe your lighter weight Large Frame is amplifying that learning curve.

I don't remember, have you checked that every thing is tight.. ( Everything, buffer tube , barrel nut , gas block... ) are there weird function issues ( BCG battering on the lower RE threads ? )
The barrel making any contact with the Handguard ??
BCG gas tube lined up ok and freely enters the "Key Lock" gas key ?
Roller cam pin not making contact inside the upper ?

How gassy is it ? Is it a brisk cyclic speed ? Never had any feeding and function issues ?

Sorry for all the questions... but IMHO, it sounds like something is mechanical is messing with your groups.

No offense intended to the OP, but Winc. ball ammo does suck. I wouldn't shoot anymore of it until you have your issue figured out.

However, even the Horn. load is dismal IMHO from the POF... again no disrespect intended ... but wth.

I don't think it is the trigger puller... something is mechanically amiss in the rifle.

Exacto, It is obvious you can shoot, but could you tell as your bench setup, and how you are holding the POF rifle .. while at the bench ?

I do believe Large Frame AR's can have a different learning curve when compared to AR15's and Bolt Guns, maybe your lighter weight Large Frame is amplifying that learning curve.

I don't remember, have you checked that every thing is tight.. ( Everything, buffer tube , barrel nut , gas block... ) are there weird function issues ( BCG battering on the lower RE threads ? )
The barrel making any contact with the Handguard ??
BCG gas tube lined up ok and freely enters the "Key Lock" gas key ?
Roller cam pin not making contact inside the upper ?

How gassy is it ? Is it a brisk cyclic speed ? Never had any feeding and function issues ?

Sorry for all the questions... but IMHO, it sounds like something is mechanical is messing with your groups.
The bullshit M80 that I have loaded for plinking ammo tends to group around 2 inches or so. Does fine on steel out to a few hundred yards or so.
@GUNNER10 yeah I just included it to show I'd thrown the kitchen sink at it. I've tried around 8 different factory loads at this point and tried a ladder test / development with hand loads. actually just talking to the dealer about it yesterday and he called back and said POF wants me to send them the rifle. we'll see what they say.

@bfoosh006 I've tried on a bench sitting the gun on bags without loading the stock / bipod with rear bag / loading the bipod consistently / not loading it - as well as prone with the same. taken it apart multiple times. went to clean the brass to anneal it and noticed weird marks on the brass. my dealer sent pics to POF and they want me to send the rifle to them. we'll see what they say.

IMG_2960.jpgIMG_2962.jpg

I own the Rogue's big brother so to speak, the Revolution DI. The Rouge's barrel is definitely made for heavier bullets vs. the Revolution (1:8 vs. 1:10). Versus my 5.56 or 300 blackout, there's a bit more technique involved in shooting it well but not by much.

My Revolution loves bullets around the 150gr. range and I can get close to half MOA with standard non-match Hornady 150 grain bullets in hand loads. I'm working on getting better accuracy with the heavier rounds in the 180 and 200 grain range but it may be moot with my barrel's twist rate but I'm positive I can get MOA out of the heavier stuff. I'm a relative novice to hand loading compared to most on the board but I've gotten SD's in the single digits with a number of different bullets and either 4064 or Varget.

I had an Aero Ultralight scope mount and I switched to the Scalarworks LEAP along with a better bipod and that shrank my groups by a good bit. Not that the Revolution is a beast in the recoil dept. The BCG of the Rogue and Revolution DI is going to be lighter than your typical large frame AR10 and when the public ranges are bare, I have no problem with rapid follow-ups on steel targets out to 300 yards. Granted, it's not like shooting average loads out of a 5.56 but if it's set up properly, it's not far off. By far the one rifle I own that I really enjoy shooting each and every time. And it's been the most reliable to boot.

Reactions: wdnoynksl34
FWIW... I wouldn't consider those brass case markings terribly weird. Honestly I have seen FAR worse.
Large Frame AR's beat up cases... the first photo looks like extractor or ejector smear. The second photo looks like the cases are hitting a RE lug.. either on feeding or ejection.
Thank you for the detailed and thoughtful response concerning your bench posture.
I quit using a bipod with my Large Frames... I do far better with a front bag and rear bag.
Please keep us informed as to POF's response.

Long story short, I have a POF Rogue AR 16.5" in 308 - can't seem to get it to group within 4moa with my go to round, 175smk (factory ammo). So I hand loaded some and took my lee hand press to try different seat depths.. tried 10 depths at .005" increments and couldn't get 2 bullets within 2" of each other.

Called POF and they blamed my "too hot" ammo - I never said how hot they were, actually had a lower velocity "accuracy" load per Sierra load data. So I asked what ammo they recommended and the customer service rep emailed me a list, which included the very ammo I was shooting. He also suggested I buy an adjustable gas block - if the gun needs one to be accurate, why wouldn't it come with one?

Went yesterday at lunch to try some lighter ammo with result below. I thought the barrel was just bad until I shot the 150gn and had 3 in the same hole.

After suggesting I didn't know how to shoot a semi-auto and they were different than bolt guns, he suggested the ONE cartridge to hang my hat on with this rifle is the Federal Gold Medal Match 168gr SMK... I started to order a box, but I really have no interest in owning a gun that will only shoot better than 3 or 4 MOA with ONE ammo flavor.

Any ideas??

View attachment 7823170

It’s a pretty thin barrel, not sure the actual contour. The rifle was inaccurate cold - the first two - three shots were commonly 2” apart. I just got the rifle back from POF and haven’t got a chance to shoot it yet. They replaced the barrel, the bolt and added an adjustable gas block. Fingers crossed.

It’s a pretty thin barrel, not sure the actual contour. The rifle was inaccurate cold - the first two - three shots were commonly 2” apart. I just got the rifle back from POF and haven’t got a chance to shoot it yet. They replaced the barrel, the bolt and added an adjustable gas block. Fingers crossed.
Any updates? My LGS has the 12.5 rogue on hand, and I was interested in picking it up but am finding these accuracy reports pretty concerning.

Any updates? My LGS has the 12.5 rogue on hand, and I was interested in picking it up but am finding these accuracy reports pretty concerning.

Run, POF’s are garbage. I remember 10 years or so ago when they got popular for a little while and all the accuracy issues. I took one in on trade early on too and it was a turd. I would legit buy a PSA before one of those things and I consider PSA to be one step short of being junk.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Run, POF’s are garbage. I remember 10 years or so ago when they got popular for a little while and all the accuracy issues. I took one in on trade early on too and it was a turd. I would legit buy a PSA before one of those things and I consider PSA to be one step short of being junk.
I was attracted to the light weight and compact package of the rogue. My second choice is either the Springfield Armory Saint Victor, but not available in a short barrrel, or the cmmg. Any other options out there I should consider?

I was attracted to the light weight and compact package of the rogue. My second choice is either the Springfield Armory Saint Victor, but not available in a short barrrel, or the cmmg. Any other options out there I should consider?
Springfield offers a shorty .308.

How did things go with the new barrel?

Reactions: wade2big