• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Looking for long range in central Tx.

David.C

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2019
Looking for somewhere I can shoot distance in central Tx.??? I live in Killeen / Ft. Hood area. I'm willing to drive 1hr + if necessary. I’m looking for a land owner or range that will allow me to shoot on their property. I am an experienced shooter and safety is my FIRST PRIORITY. I would like somewhere I can safely shoot 400 to 1000+ yards. I'm willing to pay a fee for land use and will notify / request permission prior shooting. I will not hunt the property for any reason unless asked to. Also willing to sign a liability waiver if required. I can provide law enforcement reference if requested.

If you know someone you can refer me to I would certainly appreciate it. Come along and shoot with me, I’ll provide the ammo!

Last edited:
CCC in Millican is a little further than you asked for, but you can shoot all day for $25 to 1200 yards. Target selection isn't really great (some steel targets) and I'm not sure how much a pain it is to bring your own.

The owner is great but the guys he hires to tend the place during the week are inconsistent as to what is and isn't allowed.

There was a range near Liberty Hill that advertised 1000. Never been, maybe they’re still there? Ask google

Looking for somewhere I can shoot distance in central Tx.??? I live in Killeen / Ft. Hood area. I'm willing to drive 1hr + if necessary. I’m looking for a land owner or range that will allow me to shoot on their property. I am an experienced shooter and safety is my FIRST PRIORITY. I would like somewhere I can safely shoot 400 to 1000+ yards. I'm willing to pay a fee for land use and will notify / request permission prior shooting. I will not hunt the property for any reason unless asked to. Also willing to sign a liability waiver if required. I can provide law enforcement reference if requested.

If you know someone you can refer me to I would certainly appreciate it. Come along and shoot with me, I’ll provide the ammo!
Look up Holley Gun Range in Gatesville Tx

Reactions: David.C
There was a range near Liberty Hill that advertised 1000. Never been, maybe they’re still there? Ask google

That was “Best of the West” range. I have not been out there for a few years and it looks like they closed up shop. Says they are closed when ya go to their website.

That makes it the 5th range that I have a “life membership” that folded before I did... sigh.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot

The link doesnt seem to be working for me.

Wanted to thank everyone for the replies!!! Keep'em coming!!! Gonna check out Holley this weekend if I can get out of work!!!

Check out Holley range, it's maybe 30min from you, safe and goes out to 1400 yards

I believe the North Texas Precision is owned by a member who seldom posts here anymore. Ask for 'Captain Kick Ass'.