• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for mags

Re: Looking for mags

The Kimber store has them. Here:

Kimber America Store

However, if your rifle is a Kimber of Oregon make, and not Kimber America (Yonkers), then you are in for a search. In that case Rimfire Central is the place to watch.

There you go,

Bob

For some reason I thought it was the other way around, Thanks Bob.

spot,

Yea, the Kimber of Oregon is the older, now defunt company. Kimber of America (Yonkers, NY) is the newer stuff.

I have a Kimber America Hunter Silhouette, and I keep three mags for it. The SVT is a nice stick.

BTW Hooper who advertises here does Badger Bolt knob installs, he did my Kimber HS. He does nice work. Lookie:

DSCF1106.jpg

Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30 cal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Bought 4 from Midway last year.</div></div>

That's great! And close to home.

Man, I want one of these so bad (the new ones like spot69221 has that they stopped making) but can't find one for sale anywhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">spot,

Yea, the Kimber of Oregon is the older, now defunt company. Kimber of America (Yonkers, NY) is the newer stuff.

I have a Kimber America Hunter Silhouette, and I keep three mags for it. The SVT is a nice stick.

BTW Hooper who advertises here does Badger Bolt knob installs, he did my Kimber HS. He does nice work. Lookie:

DSCF1106.jpg

Bob </div></div>

How's that Hunter Silhouette shoot for you, Bob? I briefly owned one that just wouldn't shoot with anything. I sold it and the guy who bought it ended up rebarreling it.

nicholst55,

It shoots great. It's consistently sub-1/2" for 10 shot groups at 50 yds. However, it's developed a bolt stop problem, in that it does not stop diddly. It an intermittent PITA and annoying as well when you cycle the bolt and the whole bolt comes free.

Back to Kimber it goes after the holidays. But I've had it about 5 years now, and I've rode it hard, and put it away wet.....many times.

Bob