• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses looking for private lessons at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center

Walter Haas

San Francisco MAGA fan
Banned !
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2019
San Francisco, CA
Do any of you guys know any shooting instructors that can give private, one on one, long range precision rifle instruction at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center? Private instruction has always worked better for me because I'm very slow to learn some things and very fast to learn other things and my pace never matches the other students.
Also, is there any professional training at all in Northern California? Or how about Reno area? Thanks for any help!

Coalinga Long-Range wind reading class in April:

It sounds pretty similar to the class that Sac Valley puts on. They have a 1:2 instructor/student ratio, everything done at the 1,000yd line. It is geared more to the F-class shooters but observing wind and its effects is a universal application.

Nor-Cal "Intro to Long-range clinic". Dates to be determined:

Reactions: Walter Haas
Coalinga Long-Range wind reading class in April:

It sounds pretty similar to the class that Sac Valley puts on. They have a 1:2 instructor/student ratio, everything done at the 1,000yd line. It is geared more to the F-class shooters but observing wind and its effects is a universal application.

Nor-Cal "Intro to Long-range clinic". Dates to be determined:
Thanks a million! I will check these out.

Once you get your 100yd zero squared away, sign-up for one of their NRA Mid-range matches. They're 3 strings of fire (20 rounds plus sighters) shot at 300, 500, and 600yds. Plenty of friendly, helpful, and patient shooters willing to assist a newbie. You'll get suggested elevation and windage adjustments, plus all shots get marked giving immediate feedback. I haven't shot with them in a few years, but I can't imagine things have changed much since I was last there.

NRA targets are a generous size-the "black" alone is 6 MOA wide (almost 2 mil). I'm not going to say "you can't miss", but really....

Reactions: Walter Haas
Once you get your 100yd zero squared away, sign-up for one of their NRA Mid-range matches. They're 3 strings of fire (20 rounds plus sighters) shot at 300, 500, and 600yds. Plenty of friendly, helpful, and patient shooters willing to assist a newbie. You'll get suggested elevation and windage adjustments, plus all shots get marked giving immediate feedback. I haven't shot with them in a few years, but I can't imagine things have changed much since I was last there.

NRA targets are a generous size-the "black" alone is 6 MOA wide (almost 2 mil). I'm not going to say "you can't miss", but really....
Trust me, you can miss. :) Let's just say a good day is when I don't shoot the awning over the bench rests.

• Wow
Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶